NFL Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats to the Pats and an pats fan on this Board... I am not a Brady hater and the debate about the Best QB of all time is over. 7 SB appearances, 5 SB wins, 4 time SB mvp, and then you can start racking up all the other regular season and playoff records.

Tom Brady.. Best ever.

At least until Derek Carr wins six SB ;)

Go Raiders :)

Give credit to NE, but definitely a choke job on Atlanta's part.

What the hell was Kyle Shanahan thinking when he was calling deep drop backs for "Matty Ice" when the Pats were clearly bringing the heat. They should have been running three step drop hot routes.

Good teams make their own luck, but the Pats had to TWO tipped passes that should have been intercepted caught by Marcellus Bennett and Julian Edelman.

Congrats to the Patriots, and to Grenouille...and thanks, Gren, for being a classy Pats fan. Every team has fans that give them a bad wrap, but Gren has always represented and rooted for the Patriots graciously.

Thanks man. These things still amaze me. Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm still that 7 year-old cheering for the **** MacPherson led teams dreaming about someday having a winning record. The last 16 years have been unbelievable. Your Cowboys are back on the rise lets hope to see Pats/Boys next year in Minneapolis.:duff

This game was unreal. Brain fart by ATL after the big catch by Julio. Run the ball 3 straight times and kick a FG. Game over. Instead, ATL gives up a sack and commits a holding penalty to knock them out of FG range. Not to mention ATL's O going no where after recovering a onside kick by the Pats at midfield. That was killer and cost ATL the SB.

As for the Pats and their fans...congrats! This was a hard fought win and the greatest comeback in SB history. Bill, Tom, and the Pats organization goes down as the best in the history of the SB Era. That is no small feat and it's quite likely the Pats aren't done yet.

Have to give up to NE. I turned it off when the birds went up 28-3. Then saw that NE won in OT. Pretty amazing they shut Atlanta down, did what they needed to on offense and complete 2 2-point conversions. Impressive comeback win.

Biggest choke job in NFL history.

UJlYZgC.png

Anybody think that the MVP should be awarded after the SB

Now they are saying Ryan didn't seem worthy of the MVP based on the SB

Been a sports year full of them:

Warriors
Indians
Tide
Falcons

Choke City....
I was thinking at half-time, that this seemed to be the exception to the rule of insane, pretty unpredictable, come-from-behind wins. Not just in sports, but also the presidential race. I should have sought out some football betting outlet right then and there and placed my bet on the Pats!

was Clev up 3-1 or 3-2 in that series?
3-1, I'm pretty sure.

It's always regular season MVP. Same with basketball. Post-season is irrelevant for that purpose. It's the reason Peyton Manning has more than double the MVP awards of Brady, though Brady is without any question the superior player IMO.

I think it's kind of a dumb award in general, because I have seen amazing players on crap teams that will never get the credit they are due (Chris Paul being a big one). It's the best player on very good teams, usually. Not the most valuable player to any team.

Yep Matt Ryan was horrible. 17/23 284 yards 2 TDs and a god awful QBR that's was .4 lower than SB MVP.:lol

Sometimes I wonder about what you are thinking. You have some of craziest and sometimes contradictory statements.

Yep Matt Ryan was horrible. 17/23 284 yards 2 TDs and a god awful QBR that's was .4 lower than SB MVP.:lol

Sometimes I wonder about what you are thinking. You have some of craziest and sometimes contradictory statements.

The MVP is an irrelevant award that needs to be rethought in the selection and I didn't say he didn't deserve it after the SB.. I said " They " sheesh :slap

Coaches have to put their players in a position to succeed. Trent Dilfer had some great analysis on this last night, saying how the saying "Be aggressive" is en vogue. Well, being aggressive in the later part of the fourth quarter cost Atlanta a Super Bowl championship. Instead of being aggressive, Atlanta should have played situational football.

3rd and 1? Run it. If you don't make it, a punt doesn't hurt. Okay, you call a pass. Fine. Call a quick out, slant, hitch, bubble screen...something that only requires Matt Ryan to take a short three step drop and get the ball out of his hands quickly. Again, if it's an incomplete pass, a punt doesn't hurt you and forces New England to use time. Instead Matt Ryan takes a deep drop on a passing play that takes too long to develop and Dont'a Hightower gets to him for the strip sack, and the Patriots have the ball on Atlanta's side of the field.

Next possession, Julio Jones makes an incredible catch to get Atlanta into field goal range. Again, situational football. Three runs will force NE to take their timeouts. A FG puts the Falcon up by two possessions with three minutes and change left...vastly different from an eight point, one possession game with the same time.

It's crazy how in the last two NE Super Bowl victories, the Patriots benefited from bad play calling by the opposing teams's offensive coordinator.

Freeman makes half of a block and honestly the Falcons win. The ball gets out of Ryan's hand and its either a first down or a incomplete pass. The call wasn't necessarily the problem it was the execution. But its easier to blame a play call after the fact.

I agree, and I may be wrong (as I only saw it live action and havent seen replays yet) but it looked like Freeman wasn't even back there for blitz pickup, just to chip Hightower and then release into a route.

I agree, and I may be wrong (as I only saw it live action and havent seen replays yet) but it looked like Freeman wasn't even back there for blitz pickup, just to chip Hightower and then release into a route.
Shanahan has said it was his responsibility. In that formation it was either his responsibility or hooper but hooper went straight into a route. There is no way the tackle could have got him from where he came from. He was clearly either coming or covering freeman. Freeman just missed the pickup when he came.

I think it's kind of a dumb award in general, because I have seen amazing players on crap teams that will never get the credit they are due (Chris Paul being a big one). It's the best player on very good teams, usually. Not the most valuable player to any team.

The Heisman has the same problem. Most of the winners performed amazingly well because they are on a team with other outstanding players to support them.

Tom Brady is the greatest ever. Just as LeBron will be the greatest NBA player. Just as Revenge of the Sith is the greatest Star Wars movie ever.

Truly, the greatest NFL game of all time, the greatest comeback in sports history orchestrated by the greatest coach and QB of all time. Tom Brady is now the unquestioned GOAT and the face of North American sports. He is better than Montana, Manning, Marino, Bradshaw, Elway, Favre, Rice, LT, Brown, etc....
More clutch than Jordan. More titles than Gretzky. Brady is GOAT.

Back