1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s a good wishlist but probably best to temper expectations so as not to be disappointed.

With the way things are, realistically they’re all long shots except for Ahsoka, Thrawn, and troopers.

Maybe we’ll get a few surprises but a full lineup like that would be a massive investment in new tooling, engineering, and head sculpts.
If they made Cobb Vanth and Koska Reeves, then there’s definitely hope.

If they made Cobb Vanth and Koska Reeves, then there’s definitely hope.

Very different time and circumstances unfortunately. Those were in the works several years ago following on the cultural phenomenon that was Mando S1 and the success of S2.

They were keen on doing anyone wearing Mando armor to capitalize on the hype. Plus the easy reuse of parts means it made sense to churn out Mando armored figures.

And the collectibles market overall was in a much better place.

I want to see a lot of Ahsoka figures as much as you but I just don’t see it in the cards right now. But some characters will reappear during the big Mandoverse event so there’s hope down the road.

Last edited:
My only problem with them doing Baylan and Shin is that I don’t think his beard or her hair will look good.
I have a lot of faith in Hot Toys sculpted hair and how it has improved over the years, but I do think her hair could be a unique challenge for them, but one I think they could be up to the task on because of their advancements with it. I don’t fear that as much as what you said about Baylan because beards have been major struggle for them. I’d hope they could finally nail one here.

I guess that’s just me though.

I just kind of am blindly holding out some hope they make them. This year has really taken a real hit on my interest in the hobby. Other than ROTJ Vader, there has not been one announcement that has gotten me to even consider a purchase from a Star Wars perspective all year and Marvel/DC are completely uninteresting to me when I look to the future of those properties.

These two characters have awakened an excitement in me as a Star Wars fan that I haven’t felt since Disney took over. So I guess I foolishly have kind of been hoping that they could be brought to life as sixth scale action figures and they’d bring my excitement for that back in the same way.

But as has been laid out here it’s probably far more likely they won’t. Hot Toys have been the Trooper/Mandalorian company in a lot of ways with Star Wars recently, and that’s the exact reason why I’ve been so dejected with their announcements lately. It’ll continue here for sure. Just wish an exception would be made for the two most interesting (in my opinion) characters Star Wars under Disney has created. Especially considering Ray Stevenson’s passing. Even if the characters live on, this is our only shot at getting the two of them in this way.

IMG_2844.jpeg

Last edited:
Definite figures are Ahsoka, Sabine, Hera, Ezra, and chopper so far. Now exclude one figure from them. It's Hot Toys. Never completes a team.
I’d be super happy if they did all the Rebels crew, plus Baylon, Shin, and Thrawn. I’d be over the moon if they did a Padawan Ahsoka.

Considering the wide shoulders of Baylan, they may have to produce new body. Or put lots of fat suit.

What’s up with Sideshow’s garbage selection function for items with multiple editions? It’s like a multiple choice quizz where everything is correct, making it impossible to get correct edition. On iPhone. Whatever.

On to topic! I want a Vintage Collection edition ROTJ Boba Fett, tonight! Just lost a bid for a carded 3.75 :mad:

Last edited:
General OT question (like most), what can I do as a buyer if a seller won't ship me the item? Remember winning a Code 3 collectible for an insanely good price (UK seller), but after bid the seller wanted to bump up shipping costs from something like $60/70 to $200, which I of course could not at all agree with. What can you do? From what I've read on the Web seller has all rights here and Ebay can't do poo.

Back