1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also think a Kenobi Vader is a pretty strong possibility. Hopefully with a Hayden sculpt that doesn't disappoint.

I don't see Vader as really the throne type, unless you count his meditation ball.

And with the pleather suits, best not to keep the figure sitting anyway.
Honestly I have a feeling that they’ll make a 1/6 Vader on a throne. Apparently that’s how they pitched the show to Disney, they showed a photo of Vader sitting on his throne and there’s even concept art of it too. My guess is that they’ll milk everything for this show. I just want a new Vader figure preferably in 1/6 scale with the Hayden sculpt. I’d even love a 1/4 Vader with the Hayden sculpt too but it’s definitely going to hurt my pocket if I get that too since I already got the old 1/4 Hot Toys Darth Vader and I’m slowly running out of space. Knowing my luck they’ll make it too since they made 1/4 figures for all other Star Wars shows

Yeah, there's some concept art floating around of a potential throne in Kenobi but it feels weird to me. Don't know if it'll make it to the final cut. Feels like it's been established he'd either be in his meditation chamber, in a Bacta tank, or stomping around Force choking people in his free time.

There's always going to be another Vader, so I agree, best to find the one that works best for you. I only kept the ANH V2 (with Tarkin) and the ESB versions. With a Hayden sculpt, the Kenobi version would really stand out. Maybe some interchangeable mechanical parts like in the trailer.
I only really have room for one so yeah, I'm playing it very safe. I've been waiting for a potential ROTS version with a Hayden sculpt, but if I get it now, I'll be fine.

Honestly I have a feeling that they’ll make a 1/6 Vader on a throne. Apparently that’s how they pitched the show to Disney, they showed a photo of Vader sitting on his throne and there’s even concept art of it too. My guess is that they’ll milk everything for this show. I just want a new Vader figure preferably in 1/6 scale with the Hayden sculpt. I’d even love a 1/4 Vader with the Hayden sculpt too but it’s definitely going to hurt my pocket if I get that too since I already got the old 1/4 Hot Toys Darth Vader and I’m slowly running out of space. Knowing my luck they’ll make it too since they made 1/4 figures for all other Star Wars shows

I did see the concept art but it didn't feel right to me. Palpatine can sit on a throne and be happy about all his machinations coming to fruition and issue orders to his underlings, but what is Vader going to do on a throne? Be sad about Padme? :lol

But I agree, space is a key concern and I've stayed out of 1/4 for that reason, though I will break that rule for a 1/4 Stormtrooper. Vader is going to be a big draw for the series even with limited screen time, so a 1/4 Kenobi Vader certainly is possible.

I hope they don't make a throne if that does make it into the show. The pleather undersuit on past Vaders have been damaged just from people putting the stand too close to the thighs, and the sleeves get creased from mildly bending the arms. Sitting for long periods will definitely lead to creasing and cracking. Hot Toys can absolve their responsibility by putting a warning in the instructions about not letting Vader sit for long periods which I guess is good life advice, but still.

I'm looking forward to seeing Vader's suit-up gantry or his meditation chamber in the show. Whether or not Hot Toys can replicate that will be interesting to see.

They did a great job with Darth Maul's Mandalorian vault and the background for Mandalorian Luke being part of the packaging. That could potentially be an option for Vader as well.

I wonder what's the likelihood of Hot Toys making a Dagobah Luke. Something that caught my eye was that new Bespin DX Luke Deluxe Edition including a Dagobah base. Wondering if Hot Toys would be willing to make a Dagobah Luke & Yoda or make it a 2 pack with Yoda..

Possible, but I feel like the Bespin Luke DX already covers the Dagobah setting fairly effectively. I think the chances of another Luke lie in the possibility of a battle damaged version from the moment Vader tells him of his true parentage. Feels like a 2022 Hot Toys move to split those two figures from the DX07 up.

A Yoda ESB re-make of sorts would be cool imo but I feel like the time for that was last year with the 40th anniversary.

I doubt we'll see anything new until Celebration or maybe even SDCC. Which I'm okay with because I'm still amazed that they've put up 5 solicitations, with packaging photos included for most of them, and then also teased a few others in the product photos. I feel optimistic with how Hot Toys is handling this and can't wait to see what's next.

It'll be curious if they have "waves" throughout the year or if they'll want to reveal everything close to each other.

A bacta tank Vader just calls to me for some reason

180C9BC1-05C9-4B10-8994-504667E4F548.jpeg
7605C7CF-BA3A-4DBD-8003-FE303E29452B.jpeg

It was a quick but very visually impactful scene in Rogue One which I think fits the character better than a throne.

I wonder what's the likelihood of Hot Toys making a Dagobah Luke. Something that caught my eye was that new Bespin DX Luke Deluxe Edition including a Dagobah base. Wondering if Hot Toys would be willing to make a Dagobah Luke & Yoda or make it a 2 pack with Yoda..
If it's easy re-use of parts and guaranteed to sell then you can be sure Hot Toys will do it. That said it'd be a very easy figure to do yourself, just buy a slimmer Phicen body and an extra Bespin Luke and you have everything you need. It should also be easy enough to find a similar looking backpack in 1:6 scale.

Yes!
View attachment 576479View attachment 576480

It was a quick but very visually impactful scene in Rogue One which I think fits the character better than a throne.
Agree! While there is the dark mystical aspect to the character, Vader also has a horror (science gone astray) aspect to the character.
To each their own. I still want a Rogue One creepy limbless Bacta-Tank Vader floating in bacta ooze.
People ask for the weirdest stuff from every character...
A nightmare limbless Bacta-Tank Vader illuminated display.
2FR8oNO.png

tumblr_on8dmzWJPG1uagtz0o1_1280.jpg

Vader-Body.png

Although rumors are they will revisit this horror, for Kenobi series, so there is still hope!
Re: With you. Again hopefully they revisit it in Obi-Wan
Yeah, I'm not making one from scratch, base or 3D printed figure.
And, part of what I'd want is...

Some form of removable limbs, to display detached while he's in the tank.

Imagine similar structure and detail worked into the Batman Armory as a comparison. Yet for Vader, instead of a suit hanging there it's his actual torso. (in an illuminated tank).
Surrounded by racks of detached elements of his armor, helmet, breathing apparatus, and mechanical limbs.
Would make a great display.

Again hopefully if this is somewhat revisited in the Obi-Wan series. They might give the full concept a second look.
6a5aek.gif

6fqf3f.gif
Imagine similar structure and detail worked into the Batman Armory as a comparison. Yet for Vader, instead of a suit hanging there it's his actual torso. (in an illuminated tank).
Surrounded by racks of detached elements of his armor, helmet, breathing apparatus, and mechanical limbs.
Would make a great display.

Again hopefully if this is somewhat revisited in the Obi-Wan series. They might give the full display concept a second look.

Last edited:
I wonder what made him go back to wearing his Jedi style robes. Probably got to the age where he thought '**** it'!

You're not wrong here, although I would never buy it as it would take up a ton of space. That bacta tank scene was one of the best things in R.O. And you'd need those red guards for atmosphere....

I was kind of mad that Boba didnt get a tank like that. His was so calm and peaceful and medical looking, whereas you can just look at Vader's and you already KNOW there's something upsetting in there. It looked menacing.

You'd think someone with Fett's rep would get the menacing mad-scientist's-lair stuff in an evil-looking lair too, but no. We got the kitchen droid instead, and I will not be forgiving Disney for that anytime soon.

Last edited:
Does anyone want an Obi-Wan on Eopie? Not sure how many of you on here plan on getting the blurrg, but might be an interesting look on the shelf. I would assume he would use it a decent amount traveling back and forth on Tatooine.

Back