1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm honestly hoping they do a Luke & R2 set as I didn't get the OT R2 when they did him and the prices now are too much for me considering I'd almost certainly not use most of the extra stuff he comes with (cool as it is).

Sure, it'd be great for those who missed out on R2 the first time around, and it's a logical way to re-release him. However, I can't pretend I wouldn't be a bit bitter seeing another R2 without 3PO. I mean couldn't Favreau just have had 3PO come mincing down the hallway after R2 in that final scene, kicking a Dark Trooper out of the way complaining about the mess Master Luke had caused this time.

Sure, it'd be great for those who missed out on R2 the first time around, and it's a logical way to re-release him. However, I can't pretend I wouldn't be a bit bitter seeing another R2 without 3PO. I mean couldn't Favreau just have had 3PO come mincing down the hallway after R2 in that final scene, kicking a Dark Trooper out of the way complaining about the mess Master Luke had caused this time.

He can't fit in Luke's X-Wing and he is usually with Leia.

Yeah, not going to deny that 3PO is long overdue at this point.

The magic of this thread continues. So many figure choices called right here became reality. Still to come, Luke Mando...

...will it be tonight? Many say May 4th. Does this night belong to the MCU instead? Or maybe the DCEU?

Yeah, not going to deny that 3PO is long overdue at this point.

The frustrating thing is the guy who did the engineering and design on the Sideshow 3PO is the same guy who designed the recent HT Comic Iron Man. HT just need to get him to do his artsy thing in his own time and do an updated 3PO.

Can somebody please explain the holdup on Bespin Han? My Hoth Leia has been taking care of herself for years now!

I bet we get the MicroCon revealed Spiderman Miles figure tonight. Blah. Falcon next week then hopefully Mando Luke and R2 the week after. Makes sense as both are inflated on the aftermarket. Deluxe R2 over $500? Crazy.

Can somebody please explain the holdup on Bespin Han? My Hoth Leia has been taking care of herself for years now!

It's almost assuredly Harrison Ford not approving stuff at this point. Everyone wants the figure, Hot Toys knows that. There's been recent Hasbro Black Series figures, but anything else larger, statues etc? It's been years at this point since The Force Awakens came out, that was the last 1/6 Ford figure right? I can't remember if the Stormtrooper version came out first or not.

It's almost assuredly Harrison Ford not approving stuff at this point.

People keep saying it's that Ford isn't approving stuff, but I don't understand how that makes sense. There's been talk about how all of the actors involved in Star Wars signed all of their likeness rights over for marketing and toys and such. Wouldn't Ford be included in that? It doesn't make sense that he has a separate clause than Mark Hamill.

Plus, I think there's a Hoth Han Black Series figure coming out. Why would that be ok but Hot Toys isn't? Something about the Ford not signing off on things theory just doesn't add up for me.

Also I think Stormtrooper Han came out the year after the TFA figure.

People keep saying it's that Ford isn't approving stuff, but I don't understand how that makes sense. There's been talk about how all of the actors involved in Star Wars signed all of their likeness rights over for marketing and toys and such. Wouldn't Ford be included in that? It doesn't make sense that he has a separate clause than Mark Hamill.

Plus, I think there's a Hoth Han Black Series figure coming out. Why would that be ok but Hot Toys isn't? Something about the Ford not signing off on things theory just doesn't add up for me.

Also I think Stormtrooper Han came out the year after the TFA figure.

It's been parroted forever that they gave away their likeness rights 40+ years ago but there's literally no other explanation at this point as to why they haven't done a Ford. It's not the sculpt, they've done poor sculpts or placeholder sculpts as we've seen lately. There's no other reason. One thing I speculated was that Ford had them by the balls for the Sequel Trilogy, he could've asked for anything and they would have to give in to him. What would they do, kill him off screen? Maybe he wanted his likeness rights back.

One thing a guy in licensing has said is that small retail figures are handled different as far as likeness rights and stuff go. As he put it, "wouldn't you want to get paid a lot more for your likeness for something that costs a lot more and has more detail?" Basically high quality, high priced items means either high likeness costs or he just doesn't want them done. $20 action figures sold everywhere, who cares. I do agree there's a definite difference between Hasbro figures and Hot Toys. Expensive crap I guess is the line for some of these people.

There's also the unlikely theory that Howard was hugely upset when Harrison Ford literally torn up his Hot Toys figure on air on a late night talk show and refuses to make anything Harrison Ford now. I know, its highly unlikely, but no one really knows...

I have a feeling when George sold the rights to Disney the whole licensing thing was revisited with the new owners and many lawyers and in order to get them (Luke, Leia, Han) all to come back Disney probably gave them a piece of licensing through likeness rights. That would explain perhaps that Ford doesn't want dolls or is asking such a high price that no one wants to make them.

Somehow I think HT cares more about making money on the inevitable Bespin Han figure than being insulted by Ford years ago. But who knows considering we had Endor and Hoth figures and Han has been absent.

Something must have gone down. Bespin han was all over the bespin leia promo pics. It seemed like a slam dunk and here we are 2 years later and nothing. The figure looked set, unless hot toys just wanted to sell bespin leia figures knowing they could never do a han. If we get through 2021 and nothing Harrison Ford related comes out, then it must be Ford.
With all the nostalgia and insane prices for hot toys on the secondary market, they could even cash in with an Indiana Jones line. Hot toys likes money and a Harrison Ford sculpt could be reused a ton.

There's also the unlikely theory that Howard was hugely upset when Harrison Ford literally torn up his Hot Toys figure on air on a late night talk show and refuses to make anything Harrison Ford now. I know, its highly unlikely, but no one really knows...

I have a feeling when George sold the rights to Disney the whole licensing thing was revisited with the new owners and many lawyers and in order to get them (Luke, Leia, Han) all to come back Disney probably gave them a piece of licensing through likeness rights. That would explain perhaps that Ford doesn't want dolls or is asking such a high price that no one wants to make them.

Did he destroy his figure before or after the Han Solo disguised was announced? Honest question.

Back