1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Veers but not Piett? Dengar but not Bossk? A 2nd Lando? Are we playing wish-list again?

OT prints money? No, not any more. Mando prints money. So much so, HT finally made a genuine unmasked, non-furry alien for the first time.

The only one on your list that I think HT will definitely make is 3PO.

TIE, IG-88 and Hoth Luke are possible.
I'm not playing wishlist, they're my genuine guesses.

Veers but not Piett - yes. Veers is immensely more popular than Piett, and many people have the Battle of Hoth among their favorite scenes in all of Star Wars. Julian Glover is a popular actor in some of the most popular franchises ever. I think eventually Veers happens. Eventually.

Dengar but not Bossk - yes. Bossk may be more popular than Dengar, but Hot Toys almost never does non-human/oid faces. It's just not their thing. They're notorious for not finishing lines. Dengar has a human face, IG-88 probably wouldn't be a challenge for them after IG-11. I can totally see them doing those two and none of the others.

Second Lando - yes. They'll use that same head sculpt, probably without any tweaks, and just give him a new outfit. Seems like a no brainer for them to do.

I think they'll do Hoth Luke because Luke will always sell, and TIE pilot because Howard loves his generic Imps.

It's not a wish list. My OT wish list is Veers, Piett, Jerjerrod, Wedge, Biggs, Ackbar, TIE pilot, Death Star Trooper, and Hoth Rebel Solider. Vastly different from my guesses.

Well, we'll see. At this point, with no 3PO but most other major OT characters taken care of, its anyone's guess what HT will choose to do.

Scout Trooper on bike and 3PO is all I'm waiting for on OT (Jabba too but likely not happening).

Grievous for PT.

I'd love to see some Hoth Rebels and that Death Star Trooper, so I have to hope they appear in Mando or Kenobi at this point.

I'd love to see some Hoth Rebels and that Death Star Trooper, so I have to hope they appear in Mando or Kenobi at this point.
I don't think Mando or Kenobi, but maybe the Andor show. There were some rumors out yesterday that Ben Mendelsohn was returning for the show as Krennic. Depending on how far before Rogue One the show is set, we could very well see Death Star Troopers around. Especially knowing we will be seeing the Empire and their Death Star developers again.

Hoth Rebel Soldiers might be tough at this point unless Lucasfilm puts out some new media exploring that time period more.

We debate and hope for OT stuff, but we are lucky to get 2 every years. I even set myself up for disappointment. More realistic to probably think that R2 won't get made again for a good while and it is just too much to ask for a Luke with a black cloak.

Death Star Troopers would be the best thing that could possibly come out of that Andor show. Maybe Rebel Fleet Troopers too.

I'm genuinely curious what kind of constraints or even mandates that Disney/Lucasfilm saddle the toymakers with. We already know from Cara Dune that they made Hasbro cancel figures but oddly now there is a new Lego set coming that includes her. I also wonder if there are certain characters that the toy companies are strong armed into producing.
I think this is interesting because yes, we got Battlefront figures and a Bad Batch figure, yet we didn't get anything from Fallen Order. Lego might not have been able to pull the plug on Cara in time unlike HT.

You haven't heard? HT will be stretching out OT releases from now until the end of time; Bespin Han at the very bottom of the list of course.

Honestly though there can't be much more OT looks left to cover without jumping into 2.0/3.0's.
Is Han even on said list?

Time for HT to start producing and releasing some of these figures. Some like Snowspeeder Luke should be moved up, that figure has already been on preorder for about six years.

Hopefully he looks the same as he did in Empire. No way HT will make 2 different versions.

Yeah, this will be a constant problem with these TV show versions of OT characters/vehicles/props etc - HT makes "a" version, not "the" version like with Biker Scout, IG-88 and Speeder Bike. Even "crispy/burnt" Mando stormie falls into this category.

So you get "a" Hutt or Bossk (ie the slightly different looking version from Disney TV show,) not "the" Hutt or Bossk you want (ie the one most people want from the OT.) Not saying a lot of people don't want IG-11 from the show, but I'd assume more want a HT IG-88.

Maybe a few of these TV show iterations will be very close to a match to their OT versions but I think for the filmmakers it's fun to do variant designs like IG-11 or the white speeder bike (which has dozens of differences vs the ROTJ version.)

So if we get Bossk in a new red spacesuit and face looking slightly different (but everything else identical,) or a female Hutt that looks 90% like Jabba, do you want a HT fig of it as "your" Bossk or Hutt?

As these Disney shows start to land, this is going to be an increasing problem, because these versions will crowd out the OT versions from HT. They will never do the OT version because the TV show variant is "hot."

Why would you want IG-88 over IG-11 when all he does is stand there, bolted to the floor, for 5 seconds of screen time? IG-11 looks better to me and is actually a cool character, instead of a giant robot paperweight.

I love the OT but I don’t think everything is automatically superior just because it came from those movies. I actually like the dirty worn Scouts more too.
The Trandoshans looked weird though.

Boba’s outfit also looks way better in Mando with the black robes imo.

I wonder how many of these HT will eventually release...
ANH

- C-3PO
- Rebel Fleet Trooper
- Tusken Raider
- Celebration Luke, but released as a Marvel Comics figure.

Hot Toys won’t do the Aliens.

ESB

I think mostly everything from ESB will get made at some point.

- Hoth Luke
- Hoth Han
- Hoth Trooper
- Bespin Luke 2.0
- Bespin Han
- Bespin Escape Leia
- Bespin Chewbacca w/ C-3PO
- Dagobah Luke and Yoda
- All Bounty Hunters
- Ugnaught

ROTJ

Might as well be considered a complete line. I see little figure being made. No to all Aliens. Disney won’t allow Slave Leia merch.

- Endor Han
- Maybe General Lando
- Scout w/ Speeder
- Maybe another Ewok

Why would you want IG-88 over IG-11 when all he does is stand there, bolted to the floor, for 5 seconds of screen time? IG-11 looks better to me and is actually a cool character, instead of a giant robot paperweight.

I love the OT but I don’t think everything is automatically superior just because it came from those movies. I actually like the dirty worn Scouts more too.

Because IG-88 fits in with one of the most iconic images of the OT - the line-up of bounty hunters. Which is a line-up that I'd think most SW fans interested in 1/6 would want, and possibly more than Mando and IG-11 in the longer run.

Also, I guess somewhat younger fans don't seem to get the idea that the appeal of MANY SW characters was generated far more by Kenner's (and others, such as Topps) efforts than anything they did onscreen. Fett himself is a great example of that.

Kenner did both 12" and 4" IG-88 figs at time when 12" SW figs were very low in number, so he was VERY popular back in the day, despite that "bolted to the floor for 5 seconds of screentime." The imagination/play aspect was really set in motion by Kenner.

I'm not saying IG-11 doesn't have strong appeal based on what he does onscreen but I do think that "he does more onscreen" also doesn't stack up in some cases - it's like people who think the PT saber battles are better than the OT saber battles because there's 100 people swinging sabers or sabers in each hand, exotic sabers or lots of twirling. In many cases, less is more.

And yeah, I love the black jumpsuit too (though not a fan of Mando Fett's chunkiness) but I still think the ESB combo of light blue jumpsuit and off-white vest looks the coolest.

Last edited:

Well he did quite a bit in the expanded universe. If you just look at the movie, then why recreate any of the background characters if they did nothing? He was in Shadows of the Empire and interacted a lot with Fett. I think the background is that they killed their creator and scattered across the galaxy. There was so much talent and thought to the media of SW beyond the shows and movies. To barely acknowledge those folks to keep building on those storylines or characters really is a tragedy, cause they certainly put a lot more thought, creativity and logic in than Lucas did on his movies/shows.

I think this is interesting because yes, we got Battlefront figures and a Bad Batch figure, yet we didn't get anything from Fallen Order. Lego might not have been able to pull the plug on Cara in time unlike HT.

I think HT just didn't want to get the license for Fallen Order. Their Battlefront figures didn't sell that well I think. The shock trooper stuck around for a while and was fairly cheap. Too bad, I want the Purge Trooper and the Imperial Flame Trooper.

Back