1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot toys going the way of SSC with their Clones...and they helped SSC on their clone releases...
I went that path last time,but never again.
Looks like 3PO and Vader are my only NEW POs...my wallet thanks you HT.
No, they aren’t, Sideshow actually made clones people wanted, Hot Toys just make the most random ones they can think of.

So Sideshow has a "sneak peek" HT Star Wars video posted on their Social Network, but it's all figures from Obi-Wan. The only thing worth noting is that the two Inquisitors that have yet to go up for order are included. Well, that and what appears to be a new host (Vihan Chelliah) who may be a Paul replacement.

Closeups of the refined Obi-Wan.
Screenshot_20230504_170946_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230504_170923_YouTube.jpg
Screenshot_20230504_170915_YouTube.jpg

No, they aren’t, Sideshow actually made clones people wanted, Hot Toys just make the most random ones they can think of.

I understand that’s probably hyperbole for humor but Hot Toys and Sideshow are pretty even on their Clone choices.

Hot Toys has so far done mostly the same Clones as Sideshow. And given the same amount of time, I believe they’ll do more of the Clones people want to see.

The only really random ones so far are Appo, BF2 501st Heavy, and Chrome Clone. Phase 1 Fox arguably, but Sideshow made one too. Many people wanted an ARF and vehicles like the BARC and AT-RT so points to Hot Toys for those.

Chrome is a Hot Toys gimmick so no surprise they made one. But Appo and the BF2 Heavy are less out there than Sideshow’s 442nd and Bomb Squad Clones. The latter was the final nail in the coffin for their Clone line.

952228E1-13FA-4ABE-A009-F42801DD40AC.jpeg
06333B4E-8622-4881-A10C-EA4D6244FE88.jpeg

Last edited:
Thought we might see the final Fennec Shand since she's scheduled to be out now but they didn't have any Mandalorian figures at all; are they doing a separate video just for them?
I have no idea but I sincerely doubt it. This was on their "livestreaming schedule" and it ended up being a prerecorded video, so I'm guessing that this event is a complete bust...

445278-IMG-2460.jpeg

This would be the perfect time for sideshow to come out of their bunker and start making figures Hot Toys wants to ignore

Yes and no.

There is definitely room for another company to do background characters and aliens like the ones Sideshow used to do.

But Sideshow is also not going to put enough effort into them in their current state and charge a premium price for cheaply made figures that fall apart if you look at them for too long.

There’s no trust anymore. Any line they could potentially start would unfortunately be dead on arrival.

Back