1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Phase 2 should be sometime in August, 2nd or 3rd week I think?

If you're asking about the AoTC Anniversary Phase 2, they never gave us an official date, just saying that a second wave apart of the AoTC anniversary was going to happen.

Think most assumed it would be relatively close to Phase 1. At this point I feel like it will drop on some random day later this year, or not at all.
Thank you so much! I just recently started collecting SW HT, or even HT in general, and I’m already exhausted with their releases and schedules lol

Phase 2 should be sometime in August, 2nd or 3rd week I think?

If you're asking about the AoTC Anniversary Phase 2, they never gave us an official date, just saying that a second wave apart of the AoTC anniversary was going to happen.

Think most assumed it would be relatively close to Phase 1. At this point I feel like it will drop on some random day later this year, or not at all.

I agree, the announcement was intentionally very vague with no indication of when. They technically have until the end of the year. Not worth really focusing on it unless they fail to announce anything this year.

Whether they get announced tomorrow or December 31, 2022, we’re still looking at a likely 2024 release date anyway. Collecting is a hobby that requires a ridiculous amount of patience at times. :lol

We’re all passionate fans here and tempers can run hot, but I don’t think it’s worth getting worked up over things. I’ve taken the approach for a while now that things will happen if/when they do. We can’t control that.

Sure I get frustrated the same as many sometimes when they make weird decisions, but at the end of the day I have a collection I’m happy with and just look forward to future announcements relevant to my focuses whenever that might be.

We should be collecting because it makes us happy, right? If something doesn’t then don’t give a company your precious time or hard earned money. I’ve seen people walk away and I respect the conviction it takes to do that.

Last edited:
I agree, the announcement was intentionally very vague with no indication of when. They technically have until the end of the year. Not worth really focusing on it unless they fail to announce anything this year.

Whether they get announced tomorrow or December 31, 2022, we’re still looking at a likely 2024 release date anyway. Collecting is a hobby that requires a ridiculous amount of patience at times. :lol

We’re all passionate fans here and tempers can run hot, but I don’t think it’s worth getting worked up over things. I’ve taken the approach for a while now that things will happen if/when they do. We can’t control that.

Sure I get frustrated the same as many sometimes when they make weird decisions, but at the end of the day I have a collection I’m happy with and just look forward to future announcements relevant to my focuses whenever that might be.

We should be collecting because it makes us happy, right? If something doesn’t then don’t give a company your precious time or hard earned money. I’ve seen people walk away and I respect the conviction it takes to do that.

I have a similar mindset, I know collectors were thinking that next AoTC phase was going to happen so soon, but don't think it was realistic to believe that, especially after they dropped 5 figures on May 4th.

I get being frustrated a bit, especially over the last year, as their figure selection at times has been questionable (Its Morbin Time), but it isn't anything I'd quit collecting over or lose sleep. Teasing Windu on May the 4th and him not showing up at Celebration or SDCC is irritating, but he'll pop up when he pops up, we can't really control that. My collection (both HT and other companies) is at a good place and when something I like pops up, I'll get it. This company has proven to be super unpredictable, just look at what they announced last night.

I'm telling you that AoTC wave is going to drop on some random October Tuesday lol.

Showcase ends August 7th so phase 2 in the next two weeks I would say. Also, Anicom starts on the 29th so reveals will start Thursday.
Screenshot_20220722-110351_Facebook.jpg

If HT wanted to put out something lazy they could have at least offered ARC Fives and Echo. My expectations were not high but HT effort at this SDCC is more pathetic than even my lowest possible projection.

I'll also add that it's unbelievable that the only existing preorder for a Star Wars OT figure is Bespin Luke, for the second time. Horrible mismanagement.

Bespin escape leia
General kenobi
Darth sidious
Baze
Any Han (I know, Ford)
Mace
Even aotc anakin and kenobi would really only need new sculpts for the most part

All easy to produce figures that we’ve seen prototypes for or are easy reuse parts.
Maybe this is what Disney wants. Only promote the new shows?
This sdcc was terrible and hot toys has zero buzz. Big deal, a fancy Star fighter that will never get made.

HT does not care about SDCC. They also are not attending Hong Kong's own big event ACGHK.

Here's a kicker: Announcing Morbius right before SDCC. A figure that hardly anyone wants and they put that out.
That must have been a contractual thing with marvel that they had to put something out. No other explanation. But, I’m sure some will buy it.

I would say this is probably accurate. If you want Boba Fett's "Firespray Gunship" Hasbro is now selling that on the heels of the laughable failure that was Reva's Lightsaber. These insufferable idiots will never learn.

The problem is that they wanna shift the focus on all these crappy new shows which I guess slows their interest in making characters from the OT and PT. Disney has already announced yet ANOTHER Star Wars show today for Disney+, ”The acolytes”. It’s complete oversaturation and the merch is suffering from that

I enjoy the Disney+ shows. Just like everything, they have their ups and downs but no doubt they generated more interests in SW and figures. If you look at the releases since Marvel shows/movies came back, those are the ones crowding out SW announcements.

The lack of sculptors is really slowing down their face sculpts releases. The PT and OT collections are missing mostly characters with face sculpts. I think Ford is the reason whey there are no more OT Han figures.

I will say a part that is weird about the SDCC showing is the lack of the C3P0 and R2 prototypes. No Bespin Luke. They didn't even bring the new Thor prototype. Other than the Batman and Spider-Man displays, I feel like they truly held back even in showing the stuff already up for preorder.

This is it alas. They are not really interested in the Lucas characters from OT and PT, even when they are introduced are too many times becoming just a ramp for other Disney characters to have their own shows. Look at the Disney Star wars park, no OT or PT there, just the Sequels, sad.

I enjoy the Disney+ shows. Just like everything, they have their ups and downs but no doubt they generated more interests in SW and figures. If you look at the releases since Marvel shows/movies came back, those are the ones crowding out SW announcements.

The lack of sculptors is really slowing down their face sculpts releases. The PT and OT collections are missing mostly characters with face sculpts. I think Ford is the reason whey there are no more OT Han figures.

Agreed. Star Wars is so huge now that everyone can pick and choose what they like from the menu. Doesn’t mean everything is good of course, but there’s still a lot of good to choose from.

Some people like it all regardless, some people only like original recipe, some people like very select parts but a variety, some people only like the newest additions, etc.

Everyone loves and collects Star Wars differently. And that’s long been the case. There’s just a lot more variety now. I am happy if everyone can have something they like. It’s a big universe.

They will circle back to more OT eventually as scheduling allows. And that’s not just on Star Wars. Like you said, sheer amount of Marvel content has a lot to do with it. As well as their renewed push for DC with InArt breathing down their neck.

Look at the Disney Star wars park, no OT or PT there, just the Sequels, sad.

The theming was originally supposed to be OT era but it was shifted to ST. This was before the ST fully imploded so it seemed to make sense at the time for them.

As they move further away from the ST, the theming may change though it’ll be a long time from now and coincide with a massive refurb. But they’re already incorporating non ST elements despite the theming.

And one of the biggest draws - the merchandise - has always heavily incorporated OT and PT.

Last edited:
Back