1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking like Wonder Woman from WW1984 is the last figure of 2021, no Maul, Ahsoka or Boba :(

Maybe he means if they're in the show they'll release 1 every week, and then do repaints every other week to ride the hype train and if they aren't, we'll get 1 every 4 years and not even the whole line up. I f****** hate what D+ has done for 1/6 SW movie collectors.
So it seems like we cannot get figures from episodes 1-6 unless they show up in a show? What happened to Star Wars movies? It was an event when a Star Wars film was released, that is until the mouse got involved. Ot collectors like myself will eventually get bored and move on to something else. This year of all marvel and mandalorian has really helped me cut back. I was going hard on plastic crack for a while, multiples of the same figure, figures I didn’t need, just buying because I was afraid they will sell out. I’m also running out of space. Hot toys put up for preorder exactly one figure from my want list this year. The rotj scout. Don’t get me wrong, a bunch of nice figures went up, but the days of tarkin, krennic, and ahsoka surprises didn’t happen for me this year. Thanks for han, C3po, and general kenobi hot toys.

What happened to simultaneous Sideshow releases? That must have just been a temporary thing Sideshow convinced HT to do to stick it to the HK resellers?

Who cares, 2022 is the year of Star Wars, let Marvel have New Year’s Day, by March/April we’ll be inundated with Book of Boba figures.

Who cares, 2022 is the year of Star Wars, let Marvel have New Year’s Day, by March/April we’ll be inundated with Book of Boba figures.
Is it, though? In 2022, SW has
  • BoBF
  • Kenobi
  • Andor
  • Mandalorian S3
Meanwhile from Marvel you've got
  • Morbius, if you're counting it
  • DS2: MoM
  • Thor 4
  • BP2
  • Moon Knight
  • She-Hulk
  • Ms. Marvel
  • GotG Holiday Special
And they still haven't put out figures from Hawkeye or finished NWH. I'm not trying to downplay SW, God knows I want more PT figures, or anything based on the videogames, than Ms. Marvel or any Hulk. But even if they made just the MCs from all of those things, there'd still be much more Marvel for HT to draw from than SW based on this year's new releases. Kenobi & Mandalorian will most probably bring a barrage of new figures, but I don't know about Andor and Fett. I've read some leaks for the latter, and they sound solid enough to be true, so apart from one or two mid-tier surprises, it's not a very character-studded show. Andor, I don't know anything about that.

I'm sitting here waiting for a cool DX RotS Palpatine, but I think we're more likely to get Courtroom She-Hulk first...

abYjZgX_460s.jpg

5NTx.gif

One day...

I think Marvel dominates 2022 as well. Unless there are some huge characters showing up in Star Wars, I don’t think we get even a quarter of what Marvel will get this year.

BoBF: Maybe we get the updated Boba Fett armor, perhaps a Gammorean Guard, maybe another Bounty Hunter
Kenobi: Kenobi, Vader, Perhaps even a Flashback Kenobi or Anakin
Andor: Andor, probably a trooper or two
Mando S3: I think it premieres in Dec. So most figure reveals won’t be until 2023 imo.

SM: NWH: Still guaranteed to get 5 figures imo.
Hawkeye: Possibly Kate, Clint, Kingpin
DS2: I could see 5-10 figures from this movie based on all the rumors.
Thor 4: I think we get at least 3-5
BP2: 3-5
Moon Knight/She-Hulk/Ms Marvel: Each gets their title charchter
GOTG Holiday: Groot and Rocket are probably guarantees.

2023 doesn’t look any better for Star Wars. Marvel could have GOTG3, Blade, CM2, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man 3, Armor Wars, Ironheart, Groot, Secret Invasion.

Meanwhile Star Wars has Mando S3 figures, The Acolyte, ROTJ 40th Anniversay, Ahsoka…

I seriously don't get HT. People are all hyped for figures from NWH and here they are with the (I think) third itteration of the same figure only in a different scale now... I hope all the money they make from this goes into R&D for new figures and the aquiring of new licenses. (insert J.J. Jameson laughing GIF). That way at least some good comes of it.

So, bit of a lame start of the HT year. Hopefully (like Book of Boba) it'll only pick up from here...

Is it, though? In 2022, SW has
  • BoBF
  • Kenobi
  • Andor
  • Mandalorian S3
Meanwhile from Marvel you've got
  • Morbius, if you're counting it
  • DS2: MoM
  • Thor 4
  • BP2
  • Moon Knight
  • She-Hulk
  • Ms. Marvel
  • GotG Holiday Special
And they still haven't put out figures from Hawkeye or finished NWH. I'm not trying to downplay SW, God knows I want more PT figures, or anything based on the videogames, than Ms. Marvel or any Hulk. But even if they made just the MCs from all of those things, there'd still be much more Marvel for HT to draw from than SW based on this year's new releases. Kenobi & Mandalorian will most probably bring a barrage of new figures, but I don't know about Andor and Fett. I've read some leaks for the latter, and they sound solid enough to be true, so apart from one or two mid-tier surprises, it's not a very character-studded show. Andor, I don't know anything about that.

I'm sitting here waiting for a cool DX RotS Palpatine, but I think we're more likely to get Courtroom She-Hulk first...

abYjZgX_460s.jpg

5NTx.gif

One day...
Most of those Marvel movies/shows will get 1 or 2 figures max each. Let’s face Marvel doesn’t sell that well beyond the main characters, Star Wars does. We’ll get our fair share of figures next year.

Most of those Marvel movies/shows will get 1 or 2 figures max each. Let’s face Marvel doesn’t sell that well beyond the main characters, Star Wars does. We’ll get our fair share of figures next year.
No Way Home, Doctor Strange 2, Thor 4 will be getting more figures than all of Star Wars will in 2022.

I think Marvel dominates 2022 as well. Unless there are some huge characters showing up in Star Wars, I don’t think we get even a quarter of what Marvel will get this year.

BoBF: Maybe we get the updated Boba Fett armor, perhaps a Gammorean Guard, maybe another Bounty Hunter
Kenobi: Kenobi, Vader, Perhaps even a Flashback Kenobi or Anakin
Andor: Andor, probably a trooper or two
Mando S3: I think it premieres in Dec. So most figure reveals won’t be until 2023 imo.

SM: NWH: Still guaranteed to get 5 figures imo.
Hawkeye: Possibly Kate, Clint, Kingpin
DS2: I could see 5-10 figures from this movie based on all the rumors.
Thor 4: I think we get at least 3-5
BP2: 3-5
Moon Knight/She-Hulk/Ms Marvel: Each gets their title charchter
GOTG Holiday: Groot and Rocket are probably guarantees.

2023 doesn’t look any better for Star Wars. Marvel could have GOTG3, Blade, CM2, Fantastic Four, Ant-Man 3, Armor Wars, Ironheart, Groot, Secret Invasion.

Meanwhile Star Wars has Mando S3 figures, The Acolyte, ROTJ 40th Anniversay, Ahsoka…
According to the leaks I've read, BoBF could give us one or two CW era characters. Kenobi depends on how deep they go with the flashbacks. I can see HT reusing RotS Anakin & Obi-Wan, plus maybe General Kenobi & General Skywalker. A Vader's a given, but who knows, maybe they'll do variants there too. Maybe a battle damaged version of something. Then you have the main getup Kenobi would wear throughout the series. Maybe some Inquisitors. And then whatever other surprise they have in store. There's stuff to make.

But yeah, the point is that they all pale before the sheer barrage of the MCU. There's just more content. Personally I'm not that peeved, because at least MCU wise I have a shot getting the characters I like from the comics. Regardless of the movie's quality, if Ghost Rider looks like the GR from the comics, I'm happy. My SW, the EU, got kicked to the curb, so now I get the scraps. Ahsoka will give us a Thrawn, but beyond that most OCs are inferior copies of the old EU stuff. I don't even know how the Acolyte is supposed to be about a Sith Apprentice, but set 40 years before TPM, and starring some girl. Even ignoring the EU the canon is that the Sith of the time were Palgueis and Palpatine. From what I gather they'll be copying the Plagueis novel, but instead of Palpatine being the MCU, it'll be one of those other scattershot apprentices Plagueis had and Sheev killed. So, like I said, more inferior copies... I'd have killed for a Young Palpatine movie with someone like McAvoy, but it seems the current headers of Star Wars are even more allergic to good stories than the people at the helm of the current MCU...

I seriously don't get HT. People are all hyped for figures from NWH and here they are with the (I think) third itteration of the same figure only in a different scale now... I hope all the money they make from this goes into R&D for new figures and the aquiring of new licenses. (insert J.J. Jameson laughing GIF). That way at least some good comes of it.

So, bit of a lame start of the HT year. Hopefully (like Book of Boba) it'll only pick up from here...
Well, that's one way to look at it, certainly.

I'm really not sure that's true. Loki ended up getting 2 figures of a guy in office clothes and they've teased an old man with his underwear out. Mandarin pegwarmed because the movie ruined him. Meanwhile Hela costs ~1K on the aftermarket now. HT has shown that they're willing to use any excuse to rerelease any kind of MCU figure at that. Hell, they've made the exact same Strange figure 3 times now. If he didn't sell, they wouldn't keep doing it. Do you honestly think bloody Andor will sell better than Thor?

Even if they made just the MCs from each of these, it'd still be a massive list. We're not talking about quality, preference or even sales here; just sheer quantity. To say that "2022 is the year of Star Wars" is just wrong, as Marvel has a much bigger output of new media. This is not a statement on what I prefer, this is merely objective fact. Even if we're being conservative with the numbers, based on things we've seen from set photos/have been announced, we're looking at a minum of:
  • MoM: Strange, Wanda, Defender Strange. Rumoured Cameos include: Cruise Stark, Stewart Xavier, McKellen Magneto, Jackman Wolverine, Gruffudd Reed, Cage Ghost Rider, Loki & Sylvie
  • Thor 4: Rocker Thor, Main Thor, Jane Thor, Gorr, Star-Lord. Crowe is Zeus, dunno if he'd get a figure, but that sets up a Hercules appearance.
  • BP2: At the very least a Black Panther from whoever ends up suiting up at the end, and whoever is the actual MC. Namor if he's the main villain. Ironheart's supposed to appear, so it depends on if she gets a suit.
  • Moon Knight: The main costume is a given, but MK has several in his comics, so you maybe be looking at one or two more. Mr Knight is highly likely.
  • She-Hulk: Let's just say Jen in her superhero costume and Hulk.
  • Ms. Marvel: Just the main Khamala.
  • GotG Holiday Special: I don't know who'll be in it, but Warlock I expect will debut there, so there's that.
That's a lot man. They still haven't done finished NWH or announced the Hawkeye stuff, neither have they put up Old Loki up for PO. There's room for about 50 figures per year, give or take. I'm counting 20 here Marvel ones just based on the MCs. I'm not counting any surprise characters we don't know about and the such. Ragnarok got 6 figures, remember.

From Star Wars, based on new media only, following the same conservative way of thinking, we're looking at:
  • BoBF: Boba with brown boots, or some kind of finale outfit if he gets one. Two CW characters and another one from the wider universe, based on the leaks I've read. I suppose some army fodder with a Gamorrean or whatever.
  • Andor: I don't even know who's going to watch this show or why it exists. Andor, another K-2SO, maybe some Imperials and the main bad guy?
  • Kenobi: Main Kenobi, and depending on the flashbacks we could get rereleases of III Anakin & Kenobi, plus TCW General Kenobi & General Skywalker. An Inquisitor or two. A Vader is a given, but maybe they could make a battle damaged version or something too. Some army fodder too.
  • Mandalorian S3: Those figures will start rolling in 2023, so the point is rather moot. I expect a lot from this one, but if we're counting BoBF as a 2022 property, then that should be in 2023.
So, we're looking at mostly flashbacks, rereleases and army fodder. Personally I don't count army builders as "real" figures, so I'm seeing this as a more limited variety. Me, I'm rooting for some releases based on the PT and whatever else, but as far as specifically new things go, there's less stuff.

And hey, they still have some Batmen and a couple of random figures to fit in the year. If it comes down to making a Gamorrean Guard or a Flash and a Black Adam, I reckon they'll go with the latter two.

Kenobi show Inquisitors and maybe some inquisition troopers like the purge troopers from Fallen Order would be cool. If they make the Purge troopers, there's a good chance for the Airborne Clone Troopers to be made as well.
Inquisitors will definitely be coming in some way or another. I wish I had the funds to buy multiples, but I doubt I'll be able to. Maybe the main one from the show. I want to go back after I've bought all the main figures and army build some Imperial Guards, Praetorians and the such.

purge-troopers-main_f8ade5ca.jpeg

It may be me, but villains are always so much cooler than the heroes.

I wish we could get cool things like the Crimson Empire, but alas...

il_570xN.813442138_r3of.jpg

Back