1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I haven't even seen the movie yet, I have just heard that Spider-Man fans mostly like it. Perhaps I'm wrong about this particular comparison. I hope to find the time to see the movie soon.
Definitely don’t want to spoil anything. For what it’s worth the topics I mentioned are done briefly and probably with way more tact than Eternals. I think Eternals had a lot going against it with a large cast no one has interest in and a complicated aloof plot. It has similarities to X-men Apocalypse dealing with ancient history and intrigue and well immortals.

Spider-Man No Way Home has very popular and well known characters/actors, was highly anticipated and has many smart fan service moments. It’s unique in many ways without going into specifics but it’s a treat for casuals and a Michelin star meal for longtime MCU fans.

Has there been any development\plans in reissuing the core ANH characters?
I wonder if HT will travel the Hasbro route and release updated portraits and tailoring?
There are many new HT\Starwars fans and current collectors this would appeal to. Would you buy again and replace the first offerings?
Also can you imagine the devastation on the secondary market when everyone started flipping there figures to cash in on a quick buck just to scalp the new ones.

Has there been any development\plans in reissuing the core ANH characters?
I wonder if HT will travel the Hasbro route and release updated portraits and tailoring?
There are many new HT\Starwars fans and current collectors this would appeal to. Would you buy again and replace the first offerings?
Also can you imagine the devastation on the secondary market when everyone started flipping there figures to cash in on a quick buck just to scalp the new ones.
Hmm… They’ve been doing it with Marvel for quite some time now. But most reissues have been just that, plain reissues with only minor updates. Would like to see major upgrades to some of them, but I reckon they would end up close to the originals.

I’d be in for another farmboy Luke and a Leia! Also a few ANH stormies.

But I would like to see them do other characters before revisiting the ANH lineup. Characters like DST, Boosk, Dengar, Veers, TIE pilot, Bespin Luke 2.0, ESB stormie, ESB Chewbacca with 3PO on the back and much other stuff from the prequels. The ANH lineup are still very good figures.

I can only assume we will get another preorder from the Fett show this week and hopefully the Sarlaac two pack releases too. I would prefer a new character instead of Fett wearing red boots.

BoBF looks good but nothing from the shoe grabs me. The market is oversaturated now with Mando related content and merch.

I am looking forward to seeing Kenobi and Andor stuff, something aside from bounty hunters for a change.

BoBF looks good but nothing from the shoe grabs me. The market is oversaturated now with Mando related content and merch.

I am looking forward to seeing Kenobi and Andor stuff, something aside from bounty hunters for a change.

Favreau isn't attached to those shows and that is a problem.

Tony Gilroy is on Andor and Deborah Chow is directing Obi-Wan.

I love Favs but the two above are very talented too. Gilroy especially got Rogue One to the version we have today.

When there wasn't so much Star Wars, what there was was more special.

The longer it thrives, the more distant it becomes from its source, and the harder it is to capture its essence.

The decline began in 1999.

Rogue One was a turning point, as was Solo, in recapturing what the ST couldn't.

The Mandalorian hit the right notes too. The franchise has invariably become over saturated though, which isn't surprising considering how much it cost Disney to acquire.

One constant with new material is that the universe appears to shrink rather than grow. Something Lucas began when Leia turned out to be Luke's sister, and Vader his father. What were the odds of that? Lucas only compounded it by making Vader the creator of Threepio, and Artoo being Obi-Wan's old droid.

Try to jump too many sharks and one's bound to take a chunk out of you.

There's probably less chance of seeing your friends and associates in the Australian outback than there is in the vastness of the Star Wars universe.

I'm always wary of new material, because it can so easily detract rather than add to the legacy.

I feel more committed than before to confine myself to the OT, and view the upcoming series more as a diversion. What they do offer is the chance for Hot Toys to make aliens, droids or characters of OT design who would otherwise be overlooked.

Favreau isn't attached to those shows and that is a problem.
Of the two, Andor seems more stand alone, it's own stakes, it's own genera, just a separate spy thriller, Bourne Identity style, seeing a Rebel losing his own identity and humanity.
He by design is a character meant to go unnoticed, un-celebrated, un-remembered, until his only redemption is a knowing suicide mission, to help those we know do mater, and we do care about.
That device is the whole point and fascination of the character and show for me, (what Gilroy brought to R1) pointing the camera in the SW U, at who and where, we are not supposed to be looking at, or care about.
Gives me any easy fascination with it.

On the other hand Kenobi, I'm more worried about, since I "know" and care about the characters. Containing a bunch of revisionists Disney crap about Ben and (even at a younger age) Luke, and especially bringing in Vader, and their compulsion to "develop" (and by that I mean completley regress and ruin the characters), so they can tell themselves look it's all "new and interesting", we changed them to the opposite of who they were, aren't we clever!" They just can't help themselves. :lol

Last edited:
Tony Gilroy is on Andor and Deborah Chow is directing Obi-Wan.

I love Favs but the two above are very talented too. Gilroy especially got Rogue One to the version we have today.

Chow is a decent director but if the writing and story is garbage it won't matter.

On the other hand Kenobi, I'm more worried about, since I "know" and care about the characters, containing a bunch of revisionists Disney crap about Ben and (even at a younger age) Luke, and especially bringing in Vader, and their compulsion to "develop" (and by that I mean completley regress and ruin the characters) , so they can tell themselves look it's all "new and interesting", we changed them to the opposite of who they were! They just can't help themselves. :lol

Agreed with this. I just don't trust Lucasfilm as they are now, without Jon and Dave on the project, to not screw this up. They're playing with very important characters here. As you say, they just can't help themselves.

For what it’s worth, I think Lucasfilm is aware of how important the Boba and Kenobi shows are right now. Despite what people like Kennedy say publicly, Disney cares about one thing and that’s money. They follow the dollars, bottom line. I think that has a lot to do with them letting Favreau and Filoni just do their thing with Mandalorian, including having George around to advise.

Between Mandalorian and The Clone Wars, and to a very lesser extent The Bad Batch, Lucasfilm has gained a lot of goodwill back from their fans after alienating so many of them (and their dollars) after the sequel movies. They have to be aware that this is a turning point, that these three shows are going to make or break what kind of attention they get moving forward.

Without Grogu around for Mandalorian season 3, they can’t push away profits from Boba, Cassian and Obi-Wan. They have to know this, which is why they’ll get their woke nonsense out of their system in The High Republic crap and hopefully leave the shows alone. They don’t need people cancelling D+ when it’s really their biggest business model now.

We’ll see. I hope I’m not wrong.

Chow is a decent director but if the writing and story is garbage it won't matter.

Agreed with this. I just don't trust Lucasfilm as they are now, without Jon and Dave on the project, to not screw this up. They're playing with very important characters here. As you say, they just can't help themselves.
They can’t be trusted with KK and her agenda. I wish they could leave all legacy characters alone. Create new characters people care about and let the ot characters Rest In Peace.
For what it’s worth, I think Lucasfilm is aware of how important the Boba and Kenobi shows are right now. Despite what people like Kennedy say publicly, Disney cares about one thing and that’s money. They follow the dollars, bottom line. I think that has a lot to do with them letting Favreau and Filoni just do their thing with Mandalorian, including having George around to advise.

Between Mandalorian and The Clone Wars, and to a very lesser extent The Bad Batch, Lucasfilm has gained a lot of goodwill back from their fans after alienating so many of them (and their dollars) after the sequel movies. They have to be aware that this is a turning point, that these three shows are going to make or break what kind of attention they get moving forward.

Without Grogu around for Mandalorian season 3, they can’t push away profits from Boba, Cassian and Obi-Wan. They have to know this, which is why they’ll get their woke nonsense out of their system in The High Republic crap and hopefully leave the shows alone. They don’t need people cancelling D+ when it’s really their biggest business model now.

We’ll see. I hope I’m not wrong.
you are giving them way too much credit. They half a$$ed brought back palpatine when the franchise was in the toilet after rian. They are dirty grifters who could care less about anything we think. I really really hope you’re right, but I’m preparing for the worst.

you are giving them way too much credit. They half a$$ed brought back palpatine when the franchise was in the toilet after rian. They are dirty grifters who could care less about anything we think. I really really hope you’re right, but I’m preparing for the worst.
Listen, I have literally turned casual fans who liked Rise of Skywalker against the movie with what at this point feels like a prepared speech about how Palpatine coming back ruined the entire point of the other six movies, which was Anakin’s redemption and Luke’s belief in good. You don’t need to sell me on needing to hate them for what they did with those sequel movies.

At the end of the day - Disney’s business model is very quickly becoming a primary focus on their streaming service. The movies and parks will always be there, but unlike the parks that require a ton of maintenance and upkeep, and films where they’re depending on theater turnout, the streaming service is direct profit for them.

Between Paramount Plus, Peacock, Netflix, whoever…there’s competition. Yellowstone is a massive TV hit and Paramount Plus has something special with 1883. Disney needs to keep the adult viewer engaged and the woke nonsense pushes dollars away.

How much do you think they lost on merchandise sales from the ST? How much do you think they made from Mando and Clone Wars? They know where the money comes from.

They pushed a lot of people away over what they did to Luke and Han. They got them back because of Mando. They have to know that messing up Kenobi is going to be even worse than messing up Luke, because it’ll be the adults who grew up with the PT that’ll be angry now too.

I’m going to be hopeful. I’ll acknowledge that not all of Star Wars needs to be for everyone. Let the woke crowd have The High Republic, let the kids have dumb stuff like Resistance, let the hardcore fans have their streaming shows. There’s a way that everyone wins. Disney are fools if they don’t see this themselves.

Back