1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always think the same thing. I just assume that carrying the license requires hot toys to make certain figures to promote the new shows. I wonder if marvel and Lucas film have any say in what comes out when?
I've always been curious about that. I also thought maybe Hot Toys would have to meet a certain quota of characters/figures per quarter or fiscal year.

Maybe they decided to go with the What If? releases rather than the Loki releases? They have quite a lot of Star Wars prototypes waiting to be released so I imagine they're not worried about what to release when.

Ahhh, the quandary of telling the wife how much the collection is worth without telling her how much I spent... Tricky :)
Easy, just say they appreciate in value once sold out. ;)

SHF triples in values on exclusives sometimes and Mythic Legions the same or more. HT as we know doubles or triples in price. Even if she sells at original MSRP you could pretend it’s tripled to MSRP.

These are just as boring if not more so than another Spider-Man, lmao

At least choose actual characters, instead of 3 helmeted troop builders, and 1 Mr. Generic Face Troop builder.

Gimme CW Kenobi, Bespin Luke, Padme, and a Bespin Han!
These troopers were all shown before, so are not new things. They will sell well if/when released, because OT collectors like those troopers.

You will get your figures in time for sure, but these troopers might not see the light of day that fast, because Mandalorian is stealing the show.

And your figures don't exclude mine. I don't say: make these troopers instead of Han or Luke. Not even Mando figures. Just make ALL of them!

I'd rather have the Death Star Trooper than a HT Bespin Han or Threepio, since I already have an acceptable version of the former and two of the latter.

When HT eventually show their Bespin Han and Threepio it will be a case of, 'I suppose I'd better buy them', rather than eagerly pre-ordering a Death Star Trooper.

Unfortunately in Kenobi we might see the new Sandtroopers, not OT ones, not even SE ones.
Yeah that would be annoying (but ultimately not very surprising), finally getting another sandtrooper but it being Rogue One/Mandalorian type armor. I don't care what helmet it is, I plan on replacing that with a SoloBones one anyway.

Yeah that would be annoying (but ultimately not very surprising), finally getting another sandtrooper but it being Rogue One/Mandalorian type armor. I don't care what helmet it is, I plan on replacing that with a SoloBones one anyway.
Based on the timeline it'll likely be the trooper version from the Bad Batch, which I liked but doubt I'd buy a figure of...

WHEN

FennecShand-AG.png

Probably around the release of BOBF. Or never who knows.”, wouldn’t be the first time a no brained never went up

Back