1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly have no idea lol.

Were about to find out though I guess.
Only thing that makes it more believable is that no one is expecting Anakin and I feel like if they said someone like Ahsoka it would have more people talking. I guess we’ll find out Monday if there is a new release at Secret Base

Only thing that makes it more believable is that no one is expecting Anakin and I feel like if they said someone like Ahsoka it would have more people talking. I guess we’ll find out Monday if there is a new release at Secret Base

Yeah we'll see how the next few weeks/months go, these figures are easier to make or should already be close to done, the Coruscant Guard should be just a repaint of the 501st, Rex/Thor/BD Thanos are already late, and with Anakin, they already have a head sculpt for and they just need to make some modifications with the hair.

He must be somewhat confident in this information if he is providing his followers and whoever watches his videos with this stuff.

Yeah we'll see how the next few weeks/months go, these figures are easier to make or should already be close to done, the Coruscant Guard should be just a repaint of the 501st, Rex/Thor/BD Thanos are already late, and with Anakin, they already have a head sculpt for and they just need to make some modifications with the hair.

He must be somewhat confident in this information if he is providing his followers and whoever watches his videos with this stuff.
Thanos and Thor are late but Rex isn’t, he technically has until September 30th until he would be considered to be late

Today was the first time I have ever seen this SW figs section have no OT figures AT ALL in the entire first page (around 20 threads) - obviously mostly Mando, some PT and a few ST. But zero OT figures.

So hopefully OT figs can get a few more HT announcements before it is all buried (even Mando) in the coming Disney SW show tsunami beginning late this year.

Today was the first time I have ever seen this SW figs section have no OT figures AT ALL in the entire first page (around 20 threads) - obviously mostly Mando, some PT and a few ST. But zero OT figures.

So hopefully OT figs can get a few more HT announcements before it is all buried (even Mando) in the coming Disney SW show tsunami beginning late this year.
Expect plenty of ROTJ in 2023

Expect plenty of ROTJ in 2023
But the only new figure (ie new fig, not just new packaging) for ESB's 40th was the Luke Snowspeeder and the Kenner Fett wasn't it?

And the Fett was just a repaint/re-release of the existing Fett, so wasn't it just the one figure that was "new" (it re-used the ROTJ Luke sculpt) for the 40th?

Also, we are entering unprecedented territory with so much SW content coming. My guess is it will be so saturated by 2023 there won't be a lot of HT bandwidth for much 40th ROTJ attention.

But the only new figure (ie new fig, not just new packaging) for ESB's 40th was the Luke Snowspeeder and the Kenner Fett wasn't it?

And the Fett was just a repaint/re-release of the existing Fett, so wasn't it just the one figure that was "new" (it re-used the ROTJ Luke sculpt) for the 40th?

Also, we are entering unprecedented territory with so much SW content coming. My guess is it will be so saturated by 2023 there won't be a lot of HT bandwidth for much 40th ROTJ attention.
Don't forget Lando. Think ESB Fett and Vader both essentially reissued from Nov 2017 and Jan 2018. Yeah, OT release are a joke right now.

I’d expect a reissue or two for ROTJ plus Leia Boush disguise and hopefully a Han but Hot Toys doesn’t seem to want to make him. No idea why I said plenty, it feels like we got more esb last year then we actually did

For 2023 I expect to see something like the Scout and speeder and Vader with Shaw headsculpt. Then a Jedi Luke and Boba re-issue. Boussh is a possibility with a reused HS, I can't see them doing disguise Lando because of the SS version and HT won't go near any of the aliens. Look how long it took for them to cave in and do Kuiil...after they'd got through most of the season 2 characters.

I understand this is such a terrible character but at the same time very iconic or polarizing in Star Wars
I hate to say this, but I would love a Jar Jar Binks figure, either from Hot Toys or Sideshow
I think its time
I'd definitely be interested in a figure of Jar Jar. Like you said, definitely not the best character, but I think it could have great shelf presence.

I don’t think Biggs or Wedge would sell
I'd buy Wedge. Wedge is cool. Plus I loved the old Rogue Squadron 2 on the Gamecube where you play almost the entire game as Wedge. Denis Lawson did the voice acting for that one as well. Just a cool, kinda under the radar down to earth, pilot with a very important role in the Star Wars universe. He's the man.

Damnit, now I really want HT to make a Wedge.

I’d expect a reissue or two for ROTJ plus Leia Boush disguise and hopefully a Han but Hot Toys doesn’t seem to want to make him. No idea why I said plenty, it feels like we got more esb last year then we actually did
I was going to question your use of the term "plenty" considering Hot Toys relative disregard for anniversaries in general. :) I think the ESB 40th was pushed by Disney, including the commemorative packaging. Trouble is, I don't think Disney pushed a minimum amount and HT kind of mailed in a couple of re-paints/re-issues and Luke and Lando. Now, admittedly, I love the Kenner Fett and the ESB deluxe, but let's face it, those were getting made without the anniversary sooner than later.

I’d expect a reissue or two for ROTJ plus Leia Boush disguise and hopefully a Han but Hot Toys doesn’t seem to want to make him
Rex was originally April-June before being delayed a month or so ago.
Sideshow takes the earliest possible days, Hot Toys own website is more accurate

For 2023 I expect to see something like the Scout and speeder and Vader with Shaw headsculpt. Then a Jedi Luke and Boba re-issue.
That really feels like what HT would do. Easy, but popular reissues and essentially small R&D for a ROTJ speeder with Mando version out and just a head sculpt and removeable? helmet for another Vader. A General Lando could be another one with a sculpt done already. I guess they could reissue Endor Leia, but I doubt it. Frankly, I see nothing else being made seeing how ESB anniversary went and Han and Chewie M.I.A. 5 total and ESB got what, 4?

Don't forget Lando. Think ESB Fett and Vader both essentially reissued from Nov 2017 and Jan 2018. Yeah, OT release are a joke right now.
Ah, that's right - I did forget HT Lando.:hi5:

Maybe because the headsculpt appears to be a 20 year old Lando (or a '70s Puerto Rican youth in Lando's clothes), so that's technically pre-OT Lando by a couple of decades. :lol

Back