1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm too lazy to look it up myself, but I wonder how many figures Hot Toys has in production that need to be released. As mentioned in this thread recently, it seems like they have a ton of figures going up for pre-order lately, but not a ton of releases. I'd love to know how many figures they're working on these days.

I'm not sure where they're at with Marvel/DC as I'm no longer collecting those lines anymore, but I'd have to imagine Rex will be the next Star Wars release. Just wonder what else could come out before him.

He said it a few times. However, I completely agree with you, it seems such a weird choice for an exclusive as she'd easily sell as a normal release. Maybe a case of crossed wires, and she'll be there, just not as an exclusive.
I could totally see her being there.
If anything i will still hold out hope.
Endor Leia took several years before she was finally put up for Order..so I could see the same for Padme...and Kit Fisto,R5D4..

I'm too lazy to look it up myself, but I wonder how many figures Hot Toys has in production that need to be released. As mentioned in this thread recently, it seems like they have a ton of figures going up for pre-order lately, but not a ton of releases. I'd love to know how many figures they're working on these days.

I'm not sure where they're at with Marvel/DC as I'm no longer collecting those lines anymore, but I'd have to imagine Rex will be the next Star Wars release. Just wonder what else could come out before him.
This is an approximation but on Sideshow, there's currently about 80 1:6 Hot Toys figures on pre-order, 41 in stock, and 18 in development purgatory (the latter of which includes figures that are definitely not happening).

That does not include 1:4, Cosbabies, and other items. The numbers have not been adjusted for figures that are currently just starting to ship, which is just a handful regardless.

Last edited:
Star Wars related, they (Hot Toys) have about 33 figures (1/6 scale) in development meant to be released by the end of 2022.

Last edited:
Jesus. Yeah they definitely need to start getting some figures released then. That's an insane backlog. That's what, 14 figures released per quarter to get all of those cleared out by the end of 2022? Which is 4-5 per month, which they definitely aren't hitting lately.

Yeah. And what is even more insane, at least about Star Wars figures, is that almost all (beside Rex and the recently POed Stormtrooper Commander from mando) have a late window release set at Q1 2022. Pretty sure we can expect helmeted figures to show up in stock before year's end though.

Wow, Lucasfilm started before Star Wars and American Graffiti? Must have started with THX1138.

Do any of you guys have your own company?

KhevFilm

JyeFilm

Taliban Pictures

Dark Chocobi International
Did. Just a loan-out but yup had "films" in name.:slap:lol

I would love to be CEO of Dark Chocobi International though. Just sounds like danger, drugs and all kinds of action. Not sure you'd survive 50 years though.

'Anything International' has that immediate raised-eyebrow suspicion attached to it.

:lol

The TaliBane Story Group
And Dark Chocobi sounds like regional name for hashish, or something you imbibe in your gums that turns your teeth a scary color.:lol

Jesus. Yeah they definitely need to start getting some figures released then. That's an insane backlog. That's what, 14 figures released per quarter to get all of those cleared out by the end of 2022? Which is 4-5 per month, which they definitely aren't hitting lately.

What is likely to happen is we're going to see Gamora-esque delays on a lot of these figures. The release dates mean next to nothing at this point. Unless there's some turbo-boost switch they can turn on to start cranking things out, these early 2022 figures are going to be scattered throughout 2022 and likely into early 2023. Feels like they've over-extended themselves from a pre-order perspective despite pandemic issues and it's going to take a long time (if ever to catch up). Two year waits might be the new normal. :(

Back