1/6 NEXT Hot Toys STAR WARS Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One would assume they would buy more product lines. Not that they can't afford it with higher prices every half a year.

Q2 2022 is going to be a mess.
theres too many of them.jpg

Q2 2022 is going to be a mess.

It really is.

I do believe we should get most of the releases due this year close to on time...they don't seem to be too difficult besides Ahsoka. Clones, Stormtrooper Commander, Death Watch Mando and Maul should be easy enough to get out on time.

Emphasis on should.

What are the chances of Fennec Shand and Koska Reeves ? :monkey3
Fennec is possible depending on how prominent she is in The Book of Boba Fett, but she might be overshadowed by other characters.

Koska Reeves seems doable as she would be mostly a repaint of Bo-Katan with a bit of rework. Without headsculpt to make things easier, maybe. I would be okay either way.

Would be nice to get her and Axe Woves, all with stands that match Bo-Katan.

It really is.

I do believe we should get most of the releases due this year close to on time...they don't seem to be too difficult besides Ahsoka. Clones, Stormtrooper Commander, Death Watch Mando and Maul should be easy enough to get out on time.

Emphasis on should.

I think it's a question of the entirety of what's due this year and early next year, not just Star Wars. I'm still waiting on five (six if you count the just released Rescue) figures from Endgame. Those have already pushed out and are likely in front of some of those you list above. I really think the new norm is they show a roughly 12 month window between pre-order and target release and then delay another six to 12 months after that.

I think it's a question of the entirety of what's due this year and early next year, not just Star Wars. I'm still waiting on five (six if you count the just released Rescue) figures from Endgame. Those have already pushed out and are likely in front of some of those you list above. I really think the new norm is they show a roughly 12 month window between pre-order and target release and then delay another six to 12 months after that.

Good point. Crazy how so many Endgame pieces are just now releasing, over 2 years since the film was in theaters.

The preorder traffic jam may never end. We might have 2 year windows for a release from now on. Hot toys cannot stop putting up preorders and if the supply chain is backed, everything will keep getting pushed back.

TIE Pilot is long overdue.

Really surprising that Hot Toys hasn’t done it yet.

Kinda shocking when you think about it.

But we just got a Lando pre-order last year, so maybe not as shocking as we would think lol.

I'm really hoping we get shocked (in a good way) over the next few months. We probably won't get them in-hand until 2023 but whatever.

Kinda shocking when you think about it.

But we just got a Lando pre-order last year, so maybe not as shocking as we would think lol.

I'm really hoping we get shocked (in a good way) over the next few months. We probably won't get them in-hand until 2023 but whatever.
I blame the First Order TIE Pilot. Despite being different eras, different factions, and different designs, they weren’t going to make an OT version while that was on the market.

And it was on the market for a very long time.

I don't know. HT made OT Snowtroopers when their ST Snowtroopers sat around even longer.
That is true, but maybe the Snowtrooper felt distinct and important enough that it wasn’t an issue. Just like with making more OT/RO style Stormtroopers.

TIE Pilots are my personal favorite, but they might be relegated to secondary importance, especially with all the movies and shows and characters they have to do.

Really no good reason for them to not have done it by now, considering they even made the Death Star Gunner. TIE Pilots even appeared in The Mandalorian.

I’m surprised Howard would want 1:6 TIEs made (for himself) but not TIE Pilots, even for display with them.

Last edited:
Back