1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we get a Kang remotely as good as the Marvel Legends, we’ll be good.
new-marvel-legends-ant-man-and-the-wasp-quantumania-kang-v0-8q7mf0g68sga1.png
pretty-cool-awesome.gif

MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-KANG-THE-CONQUEROR-5.jpg

Hopefully HT will erase the eyebrows and make the metallic sheen more obvious. Maybe I'll consider not swapping the heads. But HT has to appease me with their best work. I shall accept nothing less.

pretty-cool-awesome.gif

MARVEL-LEGENDS-SERIES-KANG-THE-CONQUEROR-5.jpg

Hopefully HT will erase the eyebrows and make the metallic sheen more obvious. Maybe I'll consider not swapping the heads. But HT has to appease me with their best work. I shall accept nothing less.

Word has it that an HT designer who frequents this forum thought so highly of your ideas that he read some of them to Howard. Alas he started with one of your longer posts and it didn't go well....

jQH8e0.gif

But hey, I'm still hoping for the best! :lol

Word has it that an HT designer who frequents this forum thought so highly of your ideas that he read some of them to Howard. Alas he started with one of your longer posts and it didn't go well....

jQH8e0.gif

But hey, I'm still hoping for the best! :lol
Damn, one more reason to add that treacherous Howard to my List™!

Bah, it doesn't matter. When I'm God Emperor and put in motion my Make Pop Culture Great Again program, then I'll produce great dollies done the right way, and everyone will be happy with them (but primarily me because, you know, my tastes are simply superior).

This maybe the first year since 2017 that I don’t really have any interest in ordering any HT figures from MCU. And I might not order any DC figures from HT this year either. I have been ordering HT figures since 2010 and this maybe the very first dry year for me. Still very early in the year, I have to admit, but nothing in their current and foreseeable slate really interests me.

Just came back from Quantumania and as with all my first thought reviews there won’t be any spoilers.

The film doesn’t muck around… we are in the quantum realm for 95% of this movie and it moves at a very brisk pace. The visuals are solid if a little bit disarmingly overwhelming… I had to readjust myself a few times to remember I was watching an MCU film and not a Lucasfilm sci-fi such is it’s outlandish design… there are a couple of characters that raise an interest briefly… but ultimately prove inconsequential because this is definitely an Ant family movie with little screen time for anyone else. Seriously, it’s actually staggering how little time there are for any other characters in the film… apart from Kang (more on him later). Oh and the soundtrack was excellent too.

I think the trailers made it feel more dark in tone than it ended up being which was a little disappointing. I thought they were going to take the Ant Man movies seriously with this one… but it feels a little hollow… I do like how they chose this film and why they chose these character’s film-verse to introduce Kang… I thought the story made sense and I didn’t mind it. It all comes together story wise nicely I thought.
The two after credits scenes didn’t really have much of an impact on me either because I didn’t really understand what was going on having no idea of the source material we are mining from…

I’m very disappointed by the presence or lack thereof for Hope, which is strange since she’s actually in the title of the film… ditto Hank’s involvement. Also to a lesser extent Cassie who gets a bit more screen time, however she’s awfully boring and quite unmemorable outside of being Scott’s daughter. Which brings me to Rudd… he’s perfected the Scott Lang persona and we get more of the same from him here. However he’s unfortunately playing third fiddle in his own film as Michelle Pfeiffer absolutely kills her role. Janet’s role is pumped up to the max and is THE central figure of this film… and she is well and truly up to the task. She’s fantastic. Which brings me to the big boy… Majors is phenomenal. In the space of a single movie he has created a villain unlike any we’ve seen in the MCU. What a casting. I’m not giving anything away beyond that… but just know he’s as menacing, dangerous and unhinged as you were hoping. His suit is awesome too! I will be curious to see Kang lovers and how they react to his arc especially in the last third of the film… because by all reports he’s meant to be all powerful… hmmmm
I also think what they do with MODOK will annoy comic purists… I thought his arc was a little silly tbh. Not to mention a few rumoured characters and actors feel wasted in their roles.

Overall I enjoyed it. Definitely worth another watch imo. Still not hitting those heights of the first Saga though… so the wait remains for a film in this saga (outside of Spidey) to really hit a home run.

In terms of figures… Cassie will happen, though if I hadn’t seen her figure when Scott and Hope were announced I probably wouldn’t have thought she’d get a figure this time round... Kang will absolutely get a figure and so he should. But outside of those I will be very surprised if anyone else gets a look in. I’d love a Pfeiffer figure after this film… I wasn’t interested in her before but she really is the MVP from the Ant family in this film… but we won’t get one of her… I also think think MODOK looked cool but there’s next to 0% chance of that happening.

Mantis' head is definietly the same as the Holiday version, Star-Lord's looks like the te IW version as well, maybe just "updated paint".

Damn, I really hope Gamora gets her own teaser soon, she deserves it :pray:

Back