1/6 NEXT Hot Toys MCU Figure...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whatever happened to their supposed classic Loki? Did they back out of that? I've read here that HT has used the tactic of teasing a product but never releasing said product to deter the competition.
Their teases are very odd. Sometimes you never hear anything again, or months later the figure will pop up for preorder. They would deter competition if they announced the product right then and there like when the Loki show ended or shortly thereafter. Except it was months later.

One thing you have to keep in mind that their Summer Conventions were about to happen and they actually own the license, unlike the 3rd parties who are actually doing it illegally.

Really thought Ock would be the first villain out the gate since his inclusion in the film and his look have been public knowledge the longest, but that teaser sure suggests Goblin comes first.

No other toy companies have shown villain merch yet so I'm skeptical Hot Toys will reveal theirs tonight. But they've been dropping teases all week so it'd be pretty disappointing if they didn't.
Yeah Doc was featured in those early trailers, so I figured he would be first. With all of those obvious teasers, it would be very disappointing if we got nothing this week. Two Spider events and nothing but cosbabies.

Whatever happened to their supposed classic Loki? Did they back out of that? I've read here that HT has used the tactic of teasing a product but never releasing said product to deter the competition.
They throw together teasers sometimes when companies like SooSoo Toys put a good figure out. I doubt Classic Loki gets made and expect HT to tease Bloodsport and others soon, then never release them.

They throw together teasers sometimes when companies like SooSoo Toys put a good figure out. I doubt Classic Loki gets made and expect HT to tease Bloodsport and others soon, then never release them.
When was the last time though that Hot Toys posted one of those from-the-neck-down prototype promotional images as a teaser and didn't follow up with an actual pre-order?

While I am fine with getting what is expected...
Goblin and Doc Ock (Don't see any chance of the other three baddies besides maybe prototypes that will go un-released), I really hope that Tobey 2.0 and Andrew 2.0 are on the agenda.

Too many issues with both original releases
Not to give them both a proper re-do now.

While I am fine with getting what is expected...
Goblin and Doc Ock (Don't see any chance of the other three baddies besides maybe prototypes that will go un-released), I really hope that Tobey 2.0 and Andrew 2.0 are on the agenda.

Too many issues with both original releases
Not to give them both a proper re-do now.
There's no way they don't make Toby and Andrew right? I mean, gotta be a huge money grab. I would also say the longer they wait to show them and put them up for PO the more folks will move on to something else. Missed opportunity if there's not still some sort of embargo on showing them...

When was the last time though that Hot Toys posted one of those from-the-neck-down prototype promotional images as a teaser and didn't follow up with an actual pre-order?
That comic War Machine with the clear plastic. That line ended with a one and done comic Iron Man with the yellowing plastic around the torso.

I think Koska Reeves was the last teased figure in another figure's picture (Bo-Katan).

Even if they do make Tobey and Andrew, I can see them taking a while to announce them due to having to get approval for their likeness on the sculpts.
I imagine that's the biggest hurdle Hot Toys has to deal with when it comes to getting figures out. The constant back and forth with getting approvals probably delays a lot of figures as Howard has mentioned in the past.

Lets say they even go as far to make Goblin, Doc Ock, Tobey and Garfield. That's FOUR likeness sculpts that they need to get approval for before they can announce anything.

It's why I wouldn't be surprised if they pumped out a Raimi Goblin costume first since that version requires zero likeness due to the helmet.

spider-man-no-way-home-green-goblin-1637228334.jpg

That comic War Machine with the clear plastic. That line ended with a one and done comic Iron Man with the yellowing plastic around the torso.

I think Koska Reeves was the last teased figure in another figure's picture (Bo-Katan).
Ah yes, that War Machine thank you. I'm intentionally excluding figures here that were shown as prototypes at events or appeared as supporting figures in someone else's promo photos, or "coming soon" teasers like the Matrix that are just the movie logo or poster and not actual product. But that comic war machine fits the bill.

Even if they do make Tobey and Andrew, I can see them taking a while to announce them due to having to get approval for their likeness on the sculpts.
I imagine that's the biggest hurdle Hot Toys has to deal with when it comes to getting figures out. The constant back and forth with getting approvals probably delays a lot of figures as Howard has mentioned in the past.

Lets say they even go as far to make Goblin, Doc Ock, Tobey and Garfield. That's FOUR likeness sculpts that they need to get approval for before they can announce anything.

It's why I wouldn't be surprised if they pumped out a Raimi Goblin costume first since that version requires zero likeness due to the helmet.

spider-man-no-way-home-green-goblin-1637228334.jpg
If they do a figure of that (whose only appearance in the film was this still frame), then it's going to be a long-ass wait for a figure of Goblin as he actually appeared in the film. So I'm hoping they just skip this one.

If they do a figure of that (whose only appearance in the film was this still frame), then it's going to be a long-ass wait for a figure of Goblin as he actually appeared in the film. So I'm hoping they just skip this one.
I hope they skip it as well since I actually like his final main look but just looking at Hot Toys track record, they do like to avoid doing likeness sculpts when possible so that they don't need to put the time and resource into it.

I find it hard to believe they're going to do 4 sculpts ranging from Goblin, Doc Ock, Tobey and Garfield. You can't avoid doing a sculpt for Doc Ock (again, might be why it hasn't been shown it off yet) but Goblin, Tobey and Garfield you can avoid doing sculpts since all 3 of them wear masks.

Maybe they pump out the Raimi Goblin first and then down the road announce his main final look once his sculpt is finished. Who knows with Hot Toys.

eai92s0.png
bQsTrmC.png

IvCFVzh.png

The Raimi Goblin was on screen for like 10 seconds total. I see the BD Goblin that HT goes for. I could see swap out mouth plates that cuts off at the goggles. A straight face then a grin/smile one. I bet they include the Raimi helmet as part of a deluxe with a glider and a regular just with the figure/face plates. It would be awesome if the pumpkin bombs are light up.

Doc Ock obviously a sculpt.
Tobey Spiderman with sculpt.
Garfield Spiderman with sculpt.

I bet we don't get an Electro, Sandman or Lizard if I had to put money on it. I don't get that logic as this will be a 2 bil movie and HT should Endgame this film.

Sony/Disney really keeping a hold on the merch as it will almost be a month since release.

The Raimi Goblin was on screen for like 10 seconds total. I see the BD Goblin that HT goes for. I could see swap out mouth plates that cuts off at the goggles. A straight face then a grin/smile one. I bet they include the Raimi helmet as part of a deluxe with a glider and a regular just with the figure/face plates. It would be awesome if the pumpkin bombs are light up.

I bet we don't get an Electro, Sandman or Lizard if I had to put money on it. I don't get that logic as this will be a 2 bil movie and HT should Endgame this film.

Sony/Disney really keeping a hold on the merch as it will almost be a month since release.
Unfortunately, they didn't even Endgame the villains from Endgame... Would've loved a full HT Black Order set.

This is true . They revealed many things that never came out

I can see them making Electro since he was featured more on promotional materials. He even got his own poster.

There is a way to do Sandman and Lizard without committing to full figures if they are scared. They could have deluxe versions of Tobey and Andrew Spider-Man with interconnecting bases that have features of Sandman and Lizard. And then they connect back to the Integrated Suit Deluxe Version base.

I can see them making Electro since he was featured more on promotional materials. He even got his own poster.

There is a way to do Sandman and Lizard without committing to full figures if they are scared. They could have deluxe versions of Tobey and Andrew Spider-Man with interconnecting bases that have features of Sandman and Lizard. And then they connect back to the Integrated Suit Deluxe Version base.
I mean knowing Hot Toys and their love for being lazy and reusing stuff, they will probably just reuse the super old Spider-Man 3 base.

lyjp3mqx08081.jpg

Back