Next Cinemaquette is Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can just picture a Blondie with his poncho and a dirt base with a tumbleweed,that squinting eye.Man,what I would do for a figure like that.and If Clint wants Dirty Harry made,make it!You'd definitely earn back what you spent making it,and more.

Lee Van Cleef squinting back at him....

The textures those characters possessed were spectacular.

The cigar in Blondies mouth....:lol

Last edited:
I don't know about Van Cleef.I mean,yeah,it'd be cool,but I think there's about as much chance for Angel Eyes as there is for Scorpio(Both would be great).I mean we also have to remember that these things cost alot to produce,and I think they'd rather do another iconic character from a totally different franchise,than do a line of supporting characters from one licence.That being said,I wouldn't mind Hackman Luthor or Nicholson Joker.

I don't know about Van Cleef.I mean,yeah,it'd be cool,but I think there's about as much chance for Angel Eyes as there is for Scorpio(Both would be great).I mean we also have to remember that these things cost alot to produce,and I think they'd rather do another iconic character from a totally different franchise,than do a line of supporting characters from one licence.That being said,I wouldn't mind Hackman Luthor or Nicholson Joker.

True true

I'm just making believe I can order anything I want....:lol

The more I look at this the more I want it, it truly is an awesome piece...can't wait to see what the price tag will be...

Interesting what George said about the emblem on the cape. DC has established with their own Reeve statue that the yellow "S" belongs on the cape. Although they did it wrong with a red outline rather than black as it was in the film. The costume color was wrong on the DCD statue as well.

Interesting what George said about the emblem on the cape. DC has established with their own Reeve statue that the yellow "S" belongs on the cape. Although they did it wrong with a red outline rather than black as it was in the film. The costume color was wrong on the DCD statue as well.

You know Dave, you really need to lower your expectations. Why would've you ever expected a company with a name of DC Direct to make an accurate Superman statue. :naughty

Now onto CM. What confused me the most about them is their marketing, or lack thereof. It's a headscratcher :dunno

They had no official "Podium Videos" like SS to announce this very important collectible, one that I would've beat many loud drums to show off if I was the proud holder of such license, their website still has the "S" being revealed at SDCC yet that
has come and gone..:lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having an awesome product speak for itself, and they're very fortunate that this piece did exactly that for them, but cell phone camera pictures and videos being the only way you allowed one of your signature pieces to be revealed to the world seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

CM should give the folks who did their marketing for them a discount :lol

Last edited:
The item isn't final. They'd rather not have "official" pics out there of a piece that will undergo major revisions.

You know Dave, you really need to lower your expectations. Why would've you ever expected a company with a name of DC Direct to make an accurate Superman statue. :naughty

Now onto CM. What confused me the most about them is their marketing, or lack thereof. It's a headscratcher :dunno

They had no official "Podium Videos" like SS to announce this very important collectible, one that I would've beat many loud drums to show off if I was the proud holder of such license, their website still has the "S" being revealed at SDCC yet that
has come and gone..:lol

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for having an awesome product speak for itself, and they're very fortunate that this piece did exactly that for them, but cell phone camera pictures and videos being the only way you allowed one of your signature pieces to be revealed to the world seems kind of odd, doesn't it?

CM should give the folks who did their marketing for them a discount :lol

Dose any one know if hot toys plans to make a 1/6 figure of the Reeve's Superman. I love this statue but $2,000+ is way to much I'll take a HT 1/6 $150 figure over that any day.

High end is the name of the game!

Ok....Well the name of the game for me is buying to enjoy, I buy my stuff to keep and enjoy not for numbers. price dose not dictate whats good to me, the item it self dose. This Item is Great, and I would love to have it. but if hot toys can make a good reeves figure why not save 1,850 and take a shorter one with sculpted hair. that looks great too. :huh

Last edited:
Ok....Well the name of the game for me is buying to enjoy, I buy my stuff to keep and enjoy not for numbers. price dose not dictate whats good to me, the item it self dose. This Item is Great, and I would love to have it. but if hot toys can make a good reeves figure why not save 1,850 and take a shorter one with sculpted hair. that looks great too. :huh

Human hair, life like sculpt, limited edition 27 inches tall, fully detailed base...
Potentially being signed by someone in the Reeves estate.... This IS the name of the game. If price does not dictate what's good and the item does, than throw down some cash, cause this statue looks to be worth every penny:naughty

Human hair, life like sculpt, limited edition 27 inches tall, fully detailed base...
Potentially being signed by someone in the Reeves estate.... This IS the name of the game. If price does not dictate what's good and the item does, than throw down some cash, cause this statue looks to be worth every penny:naughty

:lecture :rock :rock :lecture

:clap :clap

It's awesome, I could probably afford one, but I'll NEVER put that sort of money in ANY collectible whatsoever!
Value is a matter of personal opinion! For me, a statue, even the best one, at that price is nothing but consented theft!

High end is the name of the game!
So true. You get what you pay for. There is nothing even closely comparable to this piece in the wide range of Superman products out there, especially when it comes to Christopher Reeve. My motto is I might as well get one thing of great quality and well worth the price, than dozens of items of cheap quality for a bargain price.

The item isn't final. They'd rather not have "official" pics out there of a piece that will undergo major revisions.

I can't wait to see the "official" pics. As far as I'm concerned, Cinemaquette can take their time to make this as amazing a piece as they can.

Back