New version: Mr. Toys Slave Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Left in that pose, the legs will definitely tear over time. If you never want to change the pose, no one will notice, but you'll know it's there. If you are familiar with the Terminator arrival pose, nearly always a catastrophe.

Thanks mate, its the suntan version, but I had to use chalk to get the right colour on the body plus shortened it by about 10 millimetres
702c24ed23f3716697988f0cece5ddce.jpg

Amazing

Great job

Left in that pose, the legs will definitely tear over time. If you never want to change the pose, no one will notice, but you'll know it's there. If you are familiar with the Terminator arrival pose, nearly always a catastrophe.

Yup

Go figure the one collectible that needs visible jointed legs for functionality just so happens to be the one collectible that has to be wearing a bikini :slap

Good looking proto but hefty price tag. Passing on this one.

If the price was any cheaper I’d worry about quality. It’s certainly not cheap, but at the same time it’s still within that tempting “worth the risk” price range. Really interested to see the pricing for this from the Hong Kong stores.

Btw just watched a review of the Mr. Toys Conan on Youtube and it was better quality than I expected.

It's definitely worth a buy if you want the character. The sculpt looks drastically improved from the last version and those higher quality seamless bodies are never dirt cheap. Anything around $180 for the whole set seems ok to me. It just kinda sucks that you know going in that the body is going to tear if you pose her sitting next to Jabba. A bit of a shame we can't have the option of a static swappable bottom half as with the 3.75" Legacy version.

Thing is, I?d never take her out of that pose.

That being the case, my quandary was, do I need this, or should I just be content with my Gentle Giant statue?

30C3E7C8-5251-4D30-B284-014950454737.jpeg

People seem to forget that chubby cheeked teen of ANH and that attractive and charismatic early-twenties leading lady of ESB had - with the overabundant assistance of years of coke - somehow transformed into an often gaunt and at times even haggard or matronly-looking face that sometimes appears 40 by the time of ROTJ.

Not helped by the pancake make-up with a radical overuse of blush that would put some silent movie stars to shame.

Yeah I think that might be another reason I've never rushed to put together a custom Slave Leia-- even though it's a sexy and memorable outfit, Fisher just never looked all that healthy or attractive while wearing it. Except for a couple brief moments on the Sail Barge.

I always thought she looked far better in her Endor outfit.

Of course to be fair, Hamill and Ford didn't really look their best in that movie either. Lol

Yeah I think that might be another reason I've never rushed to put together a custom Slave Leia-- even though it's a sexy and memorable outfit, Fisher just never looked all that healthy or attractive while wearing it. Except for a couple brief moments on the Sail Barge.

I always thought she looked far better in her Endor outfit.

Of course to be fair, Hamill and Ford didn't really look their best in that movie either. Lol

The acting wasn’t the best either. :dunno:dunno

No, that is just a rumor that some people spread about.

There was a video of some dad making a big deal about the Black Series figure in front of his daughters to get some views but it was not much beyond that.

There is not as much controversy around this as people make it out to be.

In fact the outfit received a new official designation and is called the Huttslayer, making it more about empowerment than servitude.

It is not off limits, but probably needs at least some context for it to be marketable.

Yeah this was manufacturers outrage , like much of the propaganda floating around the internet.

No one really cared that much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She didn't look too bad in the Rolling Stone beach shots.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Airbrushing aside, without the outrageous expressions/poses you see more of 2010s CF than you'd expect. She aged a lot in that 1980-1983 period, presumably due to her struggles.

iCaYqvu.jpg

Back