New version: Mr. Toys Slave Leia

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's what I do. He is probably referring to pastels in chalk form. It comes in sticks. Usually I shave it with a razor blade to get it in powder form. You can blend colors until you find the correct mix. Then just rub it into the body. If the color doesn't look correct, you can usually just wash it off and try again. Once done, it is fairly permanent. You won't have to worry too much about rub off in this instance because there aren't a lot of clothes. You don't want to constantly be handling it though. I posted this back on page 3. This is the body I used and the color match. Color isn't perfect but it looks even better in hand.
View attachment 513955
View attachment 513956

Yes mate, thats how I did it, but the chalk was just kids play chalks as thats all I had around at the time ..... I also used a large brush ... went on more evenly
04c1a9aeaf1311a64d73c1701834b4dc.jpg

Anyone know anything about the company making it? Do they have other figures besides the first release that shows their work? Any best guesses as to whether it will have a large enough allocation to be able to still get once it starts shipping?

Mr.Toys just makes kit bash of characters. So far only two I have seen are He-man and Conan. I own the Conan kit because I refuse to pay the ridiculous amount of money people were asking for the kaustic plastic Conan.

Here is my Conan with commissioned pants.

9daaa19427fdc6f7b3af32f89d30140f.jpg

14151e255a82f572528953c271b8f230.jpg

a87b26550a5bb4400cf0655aff6a8a3d.jpg

1d0b27ce3b6aadc8041a24d9382b63be.jpg

Thanks for sharing, Bob and rjszar. I?m hoping that the skin tones match, since Mr. Toys made it specifically for the Phicen suntan body. But if not, I?ll definitely try the chalk/pastel method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got in the AC Play version (I am pretty happy with the HS) and will use a mid-bust Phicen seamless body and use the chalk method for matching the skin tone.

I will post photos when done with this project.

I just ordered a second set. Hopefully more knockoff companies will start making Star Wars stuff that HT will never do.

I relented and ordered the set from Kit.

$72 delivered, well a bit less after reward points, isn't bad for the sculpt, outfit and force pike.

I'll wait for some guinea pigs to try out bodies before I opt for one. :monkey3

However, Bob-1962's use of the S17B looks really good.

I also have that old Hasbro Leia, but it isn't much good without an updated sculpt, so the $72 Mr. Toys set seemed the best option.

Interestingly, back then Hasbro called that figure, 'Princess Leia with Chain'.

I relented and ordered the set from Kit.

$72 delivered, well a bit less after reward points, isn't bad for the sculpt, outfit and force pike.

I'll wait for some guinea pigs to try out bodies before I opt for one. :monkey3

However, Bob-1962's use of the S17B looks really good.

I also have that old Hasbro Leia, but it isn't much good without an updated sculpt, so the $72 Mr. Toys set seemed the best option.

Interestingly, back then Hasbro called that figure, 'Princess Leia with Chain'.
If it turns out looking as good as the pictures the price is a steal. The best looking customs out there like Bob's had to go to the trouble of surgery on two different head sculpts and it looks like this kit will make that unnecessary. I decided to go with two so that I can pose one next to Jabba(that will probably eventually tear at the joints) and the other in a safer Sail Barge type pose.

If it turns out looking as good as the pictures the price is a steal. The best looking customs out there like Bob's had to go to the trouble of surgery on two different head sculpts and it looks like this kit will make that unnecessary. I decided to go with two so that I can pose one next to Jabba(that will probably eventually tear at the joints) and the other in a safer Sail Barge type pose.

Reading back, I saw that Bob had to shorten the body.

A much cheaper option is semi-seamless, and the PopToys Xings are pretty short to start with.

20190807_154709_057__25144.1588139648.jpg

Pulling the ankle pegs out would lose more height, which would work since she's wearing boots.

I don't even mind the equivalent bodies with visible elbow and knee joints. I have a similar spare suntanned body, possibly from VeryCool, and I really like the safe posability of the double jointed elbows. You can work the pose to minimise the arm joints, but the legs really need to be straight so that the knee caps don't stand out.

20190807_154709_045__24703.1583426126.jpg

Fully or semi-seamless bodies are always a double edged sword to my mind.

EDIT:

I just did a test on the body I have, putting a head on it and pulling the ankle pegs out.

She measured 10 1/4", which is the equivalent of 5' 1 1/2". That's pretty close to Carrie's estimated 5' 1".

Last edited:
Reading back, I saw that Bob had to shorten the body.

A much cheaper option is semi-seamless, and the PopToys Xings are pretty short to start with.

20190807_154709_057__25144.1588139648.jpg

Pulling the ankle pegs out would lose more height, which would work since she's wearing boots.

I don't even mind the equivalent bodies with visible elbow and knee joints. I have a similar spare suntanned body, possibly from VeryCool, and I really like the safe posability of the double jointed elbows. You can work the pose to minimise the arm joints, but the legs really need to be straight so that the knee caps don't stand out.

20190807_154709_045__24703.1583426126.jpg

Fully or semi-seamless bodies are always a double edged sword to my mind.

Thanks for posting these, I might just go with one seamless and one with the visible joints you pictured. Or probably what I'll do is get two seamless bodies and one of the visible joint bodies as a backup. I'm not in any hurry to buy at the moment as onesixthkit doesn't seem to be expecting this to ship soon. I am thrilled to finally be able get this, Slave Leia is a glaring omission from my Jabba display.

Thanks for posting these, I might just go with one seamless and one with the visible joints you pictured. Or probably what I'll do is get two seamless bodies and one of the visible joint bodies as a backup. I'm not in any hurry to buy at the moment as onesixthkit doesn't seem to be expecting this to ship soon. I am thrilled to finally be able get this, Slave Leia is a glaring omission from my Jabba display.

TNS had the cheapest prices when I looked this morning.

$25.99 for the visible joints:

https://www.tnsfigures.com/poptoys-1-6-xing-series-modified-ver-super-flexible-female-body-in-stock/
$27.99 for the semi-seamless:

https://www.tnsfigures.com/poptoys-...flexible-female-body-w-seamless-arm-in-stock/

I was going to skip this figure, but something made me look at it again today, and I thought I might as well considering the price.

TNS had the cheapest prices when I looked this morning.

$25.99 for the visible joints:

https://www.tnsfigures.com/poptoys-1-6-xing-series-modified-ver-super-flexible-female-body-in-stock/
$27.99 for the semi-seamless:

https://www.tnsfigures.com/poptoys-...flexible-female-body-w-seamless-arm-in-stock/

I was going to skip this figure, but something made me look at it again today, and I thought I might as well considering the price.
Small bust/suntanned seems the way to go right? Might grab a couple now as the price is quite reasonable.

Small bust/suntanned seems the way to go right? Might grab a couple now as the price is quite reasonable.

Possibly medium/suntan?

The spare body I already have is a medium and looks about right.

rexfeatures_5886269ab_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkEXAsM7usQk-F0MGFS8omVMkBj1PteR-EVVPD9C0NMI.jpg

It works well with the Hasbro bikini.

Last edited:
Looks like a decent set, but I don’t have Jabba. Plus to be honest this isn’t one of my preferred looks for Leia even though it is iconic. I would much rather get her in the Boussh disguise.

Possibly medium/suntan?

The spare body I already have is a medium and looks about right.

rexfeatures_5886269ab_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqkEXAsM7usQk-F0MGFS8omVMkBj1PteR-EVVPD9C0NMI.jpg

It works well with the Hasbro bikini.
Hmmmm, the medium bust body is only available in the pale skin variety...

I'm thinking pale will not match the sculpt skin tone at all.

Edit: did some looking on eBay and it seems you can buy the mid bust/suntanned version from the usual Chinese sellers for a similar price on the visible jointed body but the mid bust/suntanned semi seamless version seems to run higher than all the others, about $45. It must be the most in demand.

Last edited:
Hmmmm, the medium bust body is only available in the pale skin variety...

I'm thinking pale will not match the sculpt skin tone at all.

No, I don't think pale will work at all.

I didn't realise they were out of stock of the medium suntan. They don't even have it with the visible joints.

Initially I would've thought small would be the right one, until I tried the Hasbro bikini.

100_0712.JPG

Last edited:
No, I don't think pale will work at all.

I didn't realise they were out of stock of the medium suntan. They don't even have it with the visible joints.

Initially I would've thought small would be the right one, until I tried the Hasbro bikini.

View attachment 528198

Looking at your pics and the Poptoys product photo comparisons I'm thinking the large bust is probably a better choice than the small for this set, especially considering the seamless body that Mr. Toys recommends is rather large chested. I think you are correct that the medium is probably the best choice of the three.

Looking at your pics and the Poptoys product photo comparisons I'm thinking the large bust is probably a better choice than the small for this set, especially considering the seamless body that Mr. Toys recommends is rather large chested. I think you are correct that the medium is probably the best choice of the three.

It's really hard to judge, not knowing whether the scale of Mr. Toys' bikini matches the Hasbro. I also can't remember where the body I have came from, but I think it's a VeryCool. The Xing medium looks like the closest match to it.

Mr. Toys really did go overboard with their choice. When Leia gets to the Sail Barge battle Oola's not going to be the only one having had a costume malfunction!

Mr Toys Leia 1.jpg

They recommend the S07C body. That’s the one used in the photos.

OSK, KGH and GianToy all recommend S12D, which is the suntan version.

A quick Google came up with other sites saying the same. One Sixth Outfitters have the option to include the S12D.

Looking at photos S07C appears to be the pale version of it.

Yep. You are right. I had to go back and double check my own answer. The 12D must be the most commonly used body by pretty much every manufacturer as it's the one that gets used 90% of the time. Strange they'd pick one with one of the largest busts on any of these figures.

Back