New Star Wars Trilogy...?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People have a right to expect it because whether or not it's in a book, cartoon, comic, etc, it's approved by LucasFilm for continuity. The WTF factor occurs when LucasFilm basically contradicts themselves. If they actually kept a database of everything, they could type in a name, see what's been established, and go from there. Last I heard, they were relying on a 3rd party for the continuity database and after years, that still has yet to be realized.

But even with that Lucas has always reserved the right to overrule anything in the EU if he so chooses. I just don't see the Clone Wars as being all that much more canon than any other EU stuff. If I recall correctly Lucas did say at one point that he considers the Clone Wars canon, but its not like he has much of a hand in it so to me its still EU.

But even with that Lucas has always reserved the right to overrule anything in the EU if he so chooses. I just don't see the Clone Wars as being all that much more canon than any other EU stuff. If I recall correctly Lucas did say at one point that he considers the Clone Wars canon, but its not like he has much of a hand in it so to me its still EU.

That is so true. GL didn't do diddly squat toward the CW, except the old "approval stamp" routine and probably a few suggestions (ie, "Hey, make the mandos peaceful ok? Just make sure it sends a good message to the 7 year olds.") It's not fair CW has higher preference over all the other EU stuff just because it showed up on the big-screen once...

Lucas should hire me to be in charge of continuity, I spot a lot of stuff based on info I remember off the top of my head... Then I wouldn't let stuff like this happen... the KT books should have been continued, because theoretically they do not contradict the CW at all!

BTW Hasn't he ever heard of wookieepedia???

Didn't imply he didn't. All I'm explaining is why some of the EU fans may be disappointed by changes to "approved" continuity. I'm not the type of person who gripes about Stormtrooper teeth or "if it ain't on celluloid it ain't cannon," etc. I enjoy each and every aspect about the Star Wars universe. I'm just disappointed Traviss won't be finishing her series (whoever's to blame). Her books were more enjoyable to me than Zahn, who's first 1/3 are always a yawnfest.

Yeah, I see what you mean. I misunderstood at first. I agree that when it comes to EU one source shouldn't trump another. I actually posted that in the other thread before coming to this one. :lol

Back