New Partnership With Estudio Proteus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Times they are a changing!!!! Welcome to the new world of custom 1/6 th business....gotta have deeeeeep pockets to play..

All they are doing is enabling recasters, the very thing they're trying to stamp out..

Why are they charging so much when joeycallahanart on ebay is selling painted casts of his own work for $20?

Last edited:
I'm inclined to think there has been some sort of confusion about the pricing, but I've let Trevor know what Salvador quoted so he can straighten things out if need be.

Look at the quality of the paint work. You get what you pay for. In this instance, you're getting gold.

Damn, that Indy on horseback is phenomenal.

Imo who are seeking one original sculpt with a great painting job included, this project will have field, but who only is seeking one unpainted sculpt, this project wont stop recasters at all

I think there is just some confusion. We will work out pricing details.

I'm in no way looking to make a great profit off of this past work. My only intention is to make available the heads that I would otherwise no longer produce to the many folks who inquire about them and missed out in the past. The perk is that you can get them painted now, or hire your painter of choice.

Requiring that unpainted heads be sent to the buyer's painter of choice is just a security precaution to lessen the likelyhood of future heads falling into the wrong hands.

We'll work out the confusion and I hope this will be an enjoyable thing for folks, ultimately.

Any idea when Proteus will be releasing your Heisenberg sculpt Trev?

I think there is just some confusion. We will work out pricing details.

I'm in no way looking to make a great profit off of this past work. My only intention is to make available the heads that I would otherwise no longer produce to the many folks who inquire about them and missed out in the past. The perk is that you can get them painted now, or hire your painter of choice.

Requiring that unpainted heads be sent to the buyer's painter of choice is just a security precaution to lessen the likelyhood of future heads falling into the wrong hands.

We'll work out the confusion and I hope this will be an enjoyable thing for folks, ultimately.

Thankyou Trevor, Thats Great News, i was abit confussed when recieving the email with that price giving for an unpainted sculpt...

Forwarded you the pm also...

But i'm my painter of choice.

I don't have the money to throw away on paying someone else to paint a head when i can do it myself, or the inclination to wait weeks or months for it to be done like some i've seen.

Look at the quality of the paint work. You get what you pay for. In this instance, you're getting gold.

Damn, that Indy on horseback is phenomenal.
And what happens when you have to pay $100+ for it to be painted then the finish gets damaged in transit or when you attach the head to whatever body you're using?

At least if i mess it up myself i can match the original finish and fix it.

I really hope you reconsider and provide unpainted casts.

Last edited:
Well it's his business to run as he chooses, and I respect that, but like you guys, being my own painter, I hope this becomes an option. Many of us are fairly established here, and no more likely to do something inappropriate with the cast than would any given painter they might be considering. Seems like there could be a process where individuals were vetted based on forum reputation and this would increase sales while not really creating any additional problems. Otherwise, what I see happening is some painters essentially playing the role of middle-man for a fee.

Pretty much the same as the guys above, I'm my own painter, so I hope there will be a chance to buy unpainted heads.

Back