New Partnership With Estudio Proteus

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great new! Now I can pick up some of the older sculpts and the new ones on the horizon.

Awesome news!!! Also show some pics of that Indy on horse in the background.

This is good news but I was hoping for unpainted sculpts as I'm learning how to paint and want good quality sculpts to practice on.

hmm, not so happy that they are only going to be selling painted heads.

I can't afford to spend a load of money on painted sculpts plus i want to be able to paint them myself.

Yeah, I guess this is the way he's trying to minimize recasting, by only allowing those guys or other "selected painters" to paint them, but as someone who is trying to paint more stuff myself to save on costs I would prefer to have the unpainted sculpts made available.

This is good news but I was hoping for unpainted sculpts as I'm learning how to paint and want good quality sculpts to practice on.

I'm in the same camp. For some of us painting is a large part of this hobby.

Selling quality painted sculpt is more cost effective for most of us in the long run.

I mean getting a blank cast means most of us still need to find someone to paint it and that is additional cost. Price of blank cast have gone crazy lately (80usd!!) and painting prices is not any better.

I am all for it if i can get a painted sculpt for lesser than when i buy a blank and then go through the hassle of commissioning others to paint it.

I'm in the same camp. For some of us painting is a large part of this hobby.

I completely agree, the fact of painting is part of this hobby.
The Trevor's sculpts are a real pleasure to paint because of their quality.

Also I'm glad to see Trevor come back here.

Yeah, as much as I love his work, I'm not sure I'm willing to shell out $200 or so for a painted sculpt. We'll see how this plays out, but I do really hope they reconsider the unpainted head option. If nothing else, maybe they can look at individual reputations on the board and sell unpainted sculpts to guys who appear very unlikely to do shady things with these sculpts.

My unstanding from this is that you can buy the heads unpainted and send them to a painter of you choice.

We do not sell unpainted heads,and if you want that another more talented than me studio paint these heads,we can send the cast to the selected painter,but not to individuals,Tevor had issues of recast even with selected clients...

Great news, Trevor's work will be available again! But if they offered the unpainted sculpts at competitive prices they could actually combat recasting and successfully make a large dent in bootleggers profits!

My unstanding from this is that you can buy the heads unpainted and send them to a painter of you choice.

You still have to pay to get them painted.
They don't send you the head they send it directly to who you want to paint it.

And they wonder why people buy cheaper recasts :slap

Great news, Trevor's work will be available again! But if they offered the unpainted sculpts at competitive prices they could actually combat recasting and successfully make a large dent in bootleggers profits!

Unpainted head sculpts are $100 each plus shipping to your painter , just got confirmation from PROTEUS360

Pure greed.

Sadly they won't be getting my business, i can't afford to spend that kind of money on a head.

Looks like i won't be able to finish my crew afterall.

Last edited:
Back