New line idea? ... Ghostbusters...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed...A Ghostbusters license and a Back To The Future license (as well as Indiana Jones...but I have a sneaky feeling that line is coming here at SS...) are the 80's lines I've been DYING for all my life...A full set of the 4 Ghostbusters in their Bustin' suits...with Proton packs and accessories...would look AMAZING if given the super-detailed SS treatment! And all those incarnations of Marty and Doc from BTTF...c'mon...1955 attire, 2015 attire, 1885 attire...AWESOME!

...One snag though, I've read that both Michael J. Fox AND Bill Murray are unwilling to license their image for head-sculpts...We can dream though...and who knows, maybe SS can convince them!

:rolleyes:

Maybe SS can sculpt a likeness of Venkman that's close enough to the character but not a Bill Murray likeness. I guess what I'm saying is a generic head sculpt that shares similar features. C'mon...there's FOUR Ghostbusters!! Just because Bill Murray won't authorize his likeness doesn't mean SSC and us collectors should miss out on this line!!!

Indiana Fett said:
...One snag though, I've read that both Michael J. Fox AND Bill Murray are unwilling to license their image for head-sculpts...

I never understood that. They know the fans would love pieces of the films they were in, or sport they played, etc.

What's the big deal? :rolleyes:

Sith Lord 0498 said:
Maybe SS can sculpt a likeness of Venkman that's close enough to the character but not a Bill Murray likeness. I guess what I'm saying is a generic head sculpt that shares similar features. C'mon...there's FOUR Ghostbusters!! Just because Bill Murray won't authorize his likeness doesn't mean SSC and us collectors should miss out on this line!!!

AMEN!!! i just cant figure out why actors wont allow their likeness to be used for these kind of products?? if a company wanted to make a cool action figure, or statue out of me i'd be like HELLS yeah!!! where do i sign up??

This could be a great line since a NEW Ghostbuster movie is in the rise.

although the ghostbusters would be a kick a** line,
i would like to see the incarnations of doctor who .
:winkpumpk

Agent23 said:
I never understood that. They know the fans would love pieces of the films they were in, or sport they played, etc.

What's the big deal? :rolleyes:

Could be their religious beliefs about images and such.

EVILFACE said:
Could be their religious beliefs about images and such.

As noble and justified as that may be, this is Hollywood we're talking about. I'm reasonably sure it comes down to someone else making money off of their images. If SSC waved enough money in front of them, I think they'd sign off on it.

Not to bash Fox or Murray (although I hear he is kind of a d**k), but that's probably what it is.

Yeah, I can understand and all.... if they wouldn't want it done. But they should take it as a form of flattery. You have fans who want to have a figure of YOU that was from a movie they loved... How can this be bad?

Oh well.... Time will tell if this ever happens.. But if it did, I'd be all over it. Even if I had to refine my sculpting skills and make a Murray just out of spite!! :lol

carbo-fation said:
Where did you hear that from? :confused:
Stiller toying with Ghostbusters 3?
Murray says no, so Ramis raids the Frat Pack for a new ‘buster
17 May 2006 6:19pm

With Rocky 6 and Rambo 17 just around the corner, we just knew it wouldn’t be long before a plethora of ‘80s flick sequels were getting shown the green light by Tinseltown.

It seems the next out of the traps may be Ghostbusters 3: Hellbent, if writer/star Harold Ramis has anything to do with it.

Ramis, along with fellow ‘buster Dan Aykroyd, has had a third adventure for their hapless New York spook-chasers stuck in development hell for yonks. The main stumbling block? Leading man Bill Murray refuses to strap on the proton-pack for another movie.

Rumours are now surfacing about an approach to Ben Stiller to suit-up as a new Ghostbuster and in a recent interview with InFocus Magazine, Ramis gave a brief outline of the concept.

“What Dan Aykroyd had originally conceived was sending the Ghostbusters to hell, a netherworld full of phenomenal visual environments and boiling pits,” Ramis stated. “But what works so well about the first two movies is the mundane-ness of it all.”

So Ramis tinkered with the idea slightly, having our boiler-suited heroes transport to hell via a portal in a New York warehouse, only to find it ain’t all that different from what they already know.
“My notion was that hell exists in the same place as our consensus reality - it looks just like New York, but it's hell. It's all the worst things about modern urban life, just magnified.”

Okay, sounds promising enough but please - if you’re going to headhunt a Frat Packer to replace Bill Murray, surely Vince Vaughn is your man?

student_toe5 said:
Okay, sounds promising enough but please - if you’re going to headhunt a Frat Packer to replace Bill Murray, surely Vince Vaughn is your man?

I'd be down for that!!! He'd be the perfect replacement! He even looks like he could be Bill's cousin or something....:D

And he has the same level of comic timing and hilarity needed to even out Ramis and Akroyd's characters...

The second one sucked bad and the new one prolly wouldn't be the same without the whole cast.

As for figures, as I've said, they woud be easy to make and would not cost much. They all have the same uniform and accessories. They would just need 4 headsculpts.

"Ghostbustuhs. Whaddya want?"

:monkey3

Almost everyday I think about how AWECORE 1/4 PFFs of at least the three of them would RULE. Venkman, Egon and Stanz as they use their "unlicensed nuclear accelorators" for the first time at the hotel. :drool

I've said this before and I'll say it again... Can you imagine the sculpted proton-pack with lights blinking and everything, just like the "real" things. the poses! Good-lordy-days....

:emperor

I'm glad I'm not the only one who "is ready to believe you, Sideshow!"

No problem NSFolsom.

I gotta agree that Vince would be better suited as a Ghostbuster. If not, my second choise would be Will Ferell :lol Seriously, how interesting is it to see Hank the tank as a Ghostbuster? :lol

Back