Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't posted anything about it on social but I will be doing aftermarket heads of all 4 busters for those interested... And from the looks of it I will make elbow pads that can be glued onto the grey armbands if they don't fix them before release.
Will the sculpts be painted or unpainted?

g1.jpg
g2.jpg
g3.jpg

g4.jpg

Product Specs:
Name: Ghost hunting squad ST
Product Number: PT-sp77
Scale: 1/6

Product List:
2 Head sculpture.
1Body.
6 Pair of Gloved Hands.
1 set of Proton Pack equipped with
The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light that light up operated by a switch. The Proton Wand which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
1 set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Wand.
1 Radio Set with HolsterShoulder holster.
1 yellow rubber connector.
1 lit cigarette.
1 Figure Stand.

Costume:
Flight suit Brown*1
Black T-shirt *1
Elbow pads *2
Light gray belt *1
Boots*2

Delivery date: 2Q 2024-3Q 2024
(subject to the actual delivery time of the manufacturer.)

g5.jpg
g6.jpg

g7.jpg
g8.jpg
g9.jpg
g10.jpg

Product Specs:
Name: Ghost hunting squad SP
Product Number: PT-sp78
Scale: 1/6

Product List:
2 Head sculpture.
1Body.
6 Pair of Gloved Hands.
1 set of Proton Pack equipped with
The Cyclotron and Power cell which have working light that light up operated by a switch. The Proton Wand which has working light that light up operated by a switch.
1 set of Proton Beam which can be assembled to the Proton Wand.
1 Radio Set with HolsterShoulder holster.
1 yellow rubber connector.
1 Gamma Rate Meter.
1 Figure Stand.

Costume:
Flight suit Brown*1
Black T-shirt *1
Elbow pads *2
Light gray belt *1
Boots*2

Delivery date: 2Q 2024-3Q 2024
(subject to the actual delivery time of the manufacturer.)

I hope I can order these after having seen what the final release heads look like via in-hand pics. Quite a few figs these days you really can't do that with.

I hated the BW heads (Ray was good overall, and Winston's sculpt but not paint, while the others looked bad to me) so much I passed on them. I'm hoping that one of the two heads on each of these will be just barely passable enough to pull the trigger.

Hoping the open mouth Ray and Peter might be just barely passable (not enough pics to tell for sure), along with the neutral Egon, and not sure on the Winston, but either may be okay enough. The current pics look a bit too photoshop-y to tell.

I hope I can order these after having seen what the final release heads look like via in-hand pics. Quite a few figs these days you really can't do that with.

I hated the BW heads (Ray was good overall, and Winston's sculpt but not paint, while the others looked bad to me) so much I passed on them. I'm hoping that one of the two heads on each of these will be just barely passable enough to pull the trigger.

Hoping the open mouth Ray and Peter might be just barely passable (not enough pics to tell for sure), along with the neutral Egon, and not sure on the Winston, but either may be okay enough. The current pics look a bit too photoshop-y to tell.
I think KA Kim sculpted the Blitzway head sculpts, she normally does great work - the Winston paint apps are so bad.

The PT sculpts look more like renders than a real sculpt, but my eyes might be playing tricks on me.

As an owner of the 4-pack Blitzway when those were originally released in 2017, I’m still buying all the PT figures to be posed differently and use more accessories.

If nothing else, the PT figures will make great backups in the event the Blitzway figures or accessories get damaged or go missing - the proton packs, traps, etc. are so delicate.

The GBs so deserve some "one and done" figures as such important pop-cultural touchstones, but they just can't seem to catch a break.

Mattel went cartoon, BW were kinda weak with odd skintones, and now PT looms as yet another outing of amazing outfits/accessories (even Mattel did pretty stand-out work in that area - Iove the Matty backpacks) but with huge question marks around the headsculpts.

Hoping for a miracle but aware of the past history. Thank goodness the GBs have such distinctive outfits and stand as a group of four (with each actor having a somewhat distinctive physical attribute) - that way it's clear who they are on the shelf.

The GBs so deserve some "one and done" figures as such important pop-cultural touchstones, but they just can't seem to catch a break.

Mattel went cartoon, BW were kinda weak with odd skintones, and now PT looms as yet another outing of amazing outfits/accessories (even Mattel did pretty stand-out work in that area - Iove the Matty backpacks) but with huge question marks around the headsculpts.

Hoping for a miracle but aware of the past history. Thank goodness the GBs have such distinctive outfits and stand as a group of four (with each actor having a somewhat distinctive physical attribute) - that way it's clear who they are on the shelf.
Gonna have to strongly disagree on the BW figures. You're not wrong about some of skin tones being slightly off, but I'd hardly say that makes is a weak set. Stunning figures.

No way these look anywhere near as good as the BW ones.....

So if you didn't get the BW ones due to the way they looked , your gonna be disappointed here.

The PT ones look fine to me. The extra heads are nice, while a little strange looking, still better than having nothing.

I will gladly buy them all, and have no shame about it.

Back