Present Toys - 1/6 PT-57-PT-58 Ghost Hunting Squad (Ghostbusters)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way these look anywhere near as good as the BW ones.....

So if you didn't get the BW ones due to the way they looked , your gonna be disappointed here.
I'm hoping for the "two heads are better than one" aspect to save the day. Well, to at least deliver something serviceable when viewed at normal display shelf distance...

venk.png

Gonna have to strongly disagree on the BW figures. You're not wrong about some of skin tones being slightly off, but I'd hardly say that makes is a weak set. Stunning figures.
The BW Venkman sculpt was truly awful to me, both likeness and expression, and he's the central "star" figure of the GB team. To me if you don't come close with Venkman, then there's no point. I quite liked the BW Ray, the others were middling at best - weird expressions, paint apps off.

So it's the same with PT - if one of the PT Venkman heads looks decent/passable I'm in, the price being a major bonus, but if both are at the level of the current PT proto pics, forget it. Would rather have no GBs on display than a bloated, bored kinda-venkman from BW or PT centering the group.

Sad that Bill Murray seems to have one of those faces that's really hard to nail. I'd pay $$$$ for an amazing 1/6 Venkman that nails his likeness but just as importantly, his attitude. He's an actor/character that just screams the need for a great expression, even if its subtle/deadpan. Hoping Inart gets there eventually.
No way these look anywhere near as good as the BW ones.....

So if you didn't get the BW ones due to the way they looked , your gonna be disappointed here.
I dunno, I liked the PT Indy a bit more in-hand than I did in the protos. It's like PT run their proto pics through an AI filter that makes the heads look a bit weird.

Of the 350+ figures I have in my collection the BW Ghostbusters would be the last to go if I ever had to sell. I will agree Venkman is the weakest of the bunch but he is far from awful. Just about everyone agrees Winstons paint apps let the sculpt down. Ray and Egon are pretty fantastic. I'd actually give Egon the edge.
I have my fingers crossed for the Present Toys. I've got them all on order with the plan to make marshmellowed versions.......

Too bad we never got the Soldier Story figures with the alternate civilian clothes look.

I remember debating whether to PO the Blitzway or Soldier Story.

I went with Blitzway and the Soldier Story were eventually cancelled anyway.

1709144548959.png

1709144667482.jpeg

It's a shame Mars didn't tackle this before Present Toys.

Four must-have characters in basically the same outfits would have allowed Mars to make them affordable and yet still give us 3 heads and tons of extras. And Mars' sculpts are light years ahead of Present Toys.

I do not have a Ghostbusters display yet. I passed on Blitzway for the wait-n-see and then they were gone. I managed only to get Venkman. One of the few times patience didn't pay off. Now these -- a lackluster place-holder. Waiting again to see these in hand. If they are decent I may grab them. But I'm inclined to keep waiting... perhaps Mars will tackle them one day years from now.

Four must-have characters in basically the same outfits would have allowed Mars to make them affordable and yet still give us 3 heads and tons of extras. And Mars' sculpts are light years ahead of Present Toys.

I do not have a Ghostbusters display yet. I passed on Blitzway for the wait-n-see and then they were gone. I managed only to get Venkman. One of the few times patience didn't pay off. Now these -- a lackluster place-holder. Waiting again to see these in hand. If they are decent I may grab them. But I'm inclined to keep waiting... perhaps Mars will tackle them one day years from now.
Same thing here.
Only got Egon, but I managed to get Slimer and the exc accessories.

Same thing here.
Only got Egon, but I managed to get Slimer and the exc accessories.
What’s the average price for the Blitzway 4 Pack these days on the secondary market?

$850 to PO back in 2016.

The figures were more expensive than I remember, thought it was much cheaper - was looking at my email confirmation from Timewalker the other day.

Last edited:

Exactly this.
It would be a huge eye-roll moment after having bought all these only for Mars to then announce their own set.

What’s the average price for the Blitzway 4 Pack these days on the secondary market?

$850 to PO back in 2016.

The figures were more expensive than I remember, thought it was much cheaper - was looking at my email confirmation from Timewalker the other day.
The 4 pack now is around $3000++.
That is even more expensive than that bigass Ecto-1!

If I could sell my BW 4-pack for $3K I’d probably let them go and just pick up the PTs. I have the Mattel suits and proton packs plus some custom head sculpts, so could probably work out a decent enough compromise.

I sold Venkman and Ray together for 900€ a few months ago.

I am getting PTs Venkman and if I am not satisfied I will let him go............

Back