NEW HT PREDATOR, 'Dutch' full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My attitude is that T2 is being done to death. Not so much complaining about that because I love T2 and will buy any good 7" or 1/6th figures from it but what company hasn't had a go at T2 by now? Wheres the love for the film that started it all? Return to T1 while NECA is putting out some pretty damn good figures and then move on to T2 after they've wrapped up their line.

It's not so much love as ease of production.

HT got away with the fullness of their ALIENS line because even their licensed portraits weren't much better than the goofy ones they used, so it was more accepted, but now, with Yulli and Kojun and others working there, the licenses stuff looks so good that the unlicensed like Kane and Billy don't get as strong a support as the really accurrate stuff.

I'm sure HT loves The Terminator as much as the rest of the T films, but that property doesn't include likeness rights so anyone, NECA, HT, Sideshow, would have to separately secure rights to the likenesses of Arnold and Biehn and Hamilton to produce accurrate pieces from that, and if you're not going to go accurrate, in the collectible realm it's almost not even worth it. Playmates may do T1 because it'll be kid stuff that doesn't have that accurrate a likeness, but for the guys most people here follow, it's not an easy property.

T2 was at the start of the big merchandising storm that swept over Hollywood and likenesses are all covered by the film license, same for T3 and T:S.

Do we know what the extent of playmate's license is yet? I'm not interested in playmates but if they actually went to the trouble of getting permission from each individual actor whose character they intend to make then whats stopping the likes of Hot Toys and NECA doing it - T1 is such a no brainer IMO that I find it hard to conceive that it could be anything other than ''lack of love'' that there aren't any fully licensed figures from it. Hopefully, if Playmates have gone and done what so few (any?) companies have done before then we'll see more companies jumping on the bandwagon because they know they'll do a superior job.

well the exclusive arrived today so just waiting for the big man to arrive now.....great figures :chew

predgang.jpg

cheers for the comments guys...........

The Blaine I picked up from Les sometime ago, all I have done to the figure is change the mini gun and add a custom hat thing.......:eek:

For dillion I used the apollo head and then kit bashed the rest, alas he is not using a muscle body so just a standard black true type.

Billy sculpt has been repainted by the great josh of small studios :chew and looks spot on when set up with the gang....

Had to get two dutches as wanted one fully clothed and another stripped down in that stance. :banana:banana

One day I might do a mac..........

Hey, can someone tell me what the tape included with the figure is for? Just got mine. I seem to remember someone posting that it's for holding Dutch's grenades in place. I tried using the search function for "Dutch", "tape" and "two-sided tape" but nothing came up.

Hey, can someone tell me what the tape included with the figure is for? Just got mine. I seem to remember someone posting that it's for holding Dutch's grenades in place. I tried using the search function for "Dutch", "tape" and "two-sided tape" but nothing came up.

I did not get any tape with mine. :confused: Only the sticky tape with Billy for his chest knife sheath.

Funny story...

Dutch arrive last Friday and I was gettign him out and deciding how to pose him and what with and my 7 year old daughter was helping me.

Here's how the conversation went...

"Daddy, who's that?"

"It's Arnie, Darling..."

"You like him don't you"

"Yes, chicken..."

"Is he Turbo Man?"

"Yes, that's him"

"Is he the one that goes...DO EEEEET! DO EEETT NOW!!!!?"

She cracked off a perfect impression of Arnie and I literally fell off my chair laughing. Now I've never let her watch any of Arnie's action movies so I can only assume she's heard me waffle on about him but man, it made me laugh.

The next day we were out shopping and I asked her if she wanted a drink. You know what she said?

That's right

"Do EEEEET, DO EEET NOW!!!"

The lady on the register gave us a VERY funny look.

Back