HOT TOYS : MMS DX 12 - The Dark Knight Rises - BATMAN / BRUCE WAYNE Full Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had the same problem. One of the eyes was crossed-eyed while the other one looked straight ahead. At first I was super pissed off, and felt fuc%ed! I went on the web and did some research. Some people suggested what was mentioned earlier, i.e. taking the pers apart and moving the eyes individually. I felt very uncomfortable about doing that so I just left it for about a week. When I revisited the problem, I took the pers tool that comes with the figure, and just started to move the eyes very, very carefully and slowly...up and down and side to side...and eventually they evened out. Maybe give it a try. Hope it works for you. These toys are super cool, but they cost a lot of money, so when they fuc^ up, you can't help but get pissed. The quality control should be perfect. The purchaser shouldn't have to be dealing with taking the head sculpt apart. Best of luck.

Thanks for your help.
I guess what you suggest means breaking the mechanism, wich can not be
undone?
If you’re careful it can be. The mechanism is held together by two needle sized metal rods at each hinge. The eyes themselves are pretty durable. I would take some tweazers and gently pop the eyes out by pulling them straight back using the post that comes out of the eyeball. Gently do this one at a time and then you can rest the assembly on your desk and use a needle to poke the pins out of the hinges. If it seems they won’t move try from the opposite direction.

You run very little risk of damaging anything visible this way and I’ve popped the eyes out multiple times working on customs and the eyes and eye lids have all been fine.

I had the same problem. One of the eyes was crossed-eyed while the other one looked straight ahead. At first I was super pissed off, and felt fuc%ed! I went on the web and did some research. Some people suggested what was mentioned earlier, i.e. taking the pers apart and moving the eyes individually. I felt very uncomfortable about doing that so I just left it for about a week. When I revisited the problem, I took the pers tool that comes with the figure, and just started to move the eyes very, very carefully and slowly...up and down and side to side...and eventually they evened out. Maybe give it a try. Hope it works for you. These toys are super cool, but they cost a lot of money, so when they fuc^ up, you can't help but get pissed. The quality control should be perfect. The purchaser shouldn't have to be dealing with taking the head sculpt apart. Best of luck.
Ok, noted. Thanks a lot for the tip. I'll try that and let you know.

If you’re careful it can be. The mechanism is held together by two needle sized metal rods at each hinge. The eyes themselves are pretty durable. I would take some tweazers and gently pop the eyes out by pulling them straight back using the post that comes out of the eyeball. Gently do this one at a time and then you can rest the assembly on your desk and use a needle to poke the pins out of the hinges. If it seems they won’t move try from the opposite direction.

You run very little risk of damaging anything visible this way and I’ve popped the eyes out multiple times working on customs and the eyes and eye lids have all been fine.
That also sounds good. I'll have to turn to this solution, should Fins' trick not fix the issue.
Thanks again, guys. I'll let you know!

The new film has rekindled my admiration for this figure.

73F5C00D-A1AF-4ED3-BE37-C48386A81618.jpeg

No doubt the new DX19 is a more accurate and finely tuned figure. And i wouldn't mind picking up the cowl from it, if it becomes available for a reasonable price.
Still though i'm happy enough with this version as well. I did upgrade it with the armory cowl and a custom cape.

View attachment 575094View attachment 575095
I think the DX12/armory is actually more accurate other than cowl.

Cool^ but this is the DX12/Armory thread and as of right now the DX12/Armory figures scale better with all of the other Nolan figures many of us already own and the DX19 isn't a drastic difference like say the first MMS (forget #) was to the DX02 and then the DX02 to the DX12 all within a couple of years.. After TEN years you would expect it to be no contest but HT is lazy (no backpack/no empty cowl?) more than I would like them to be these days and therefore the 12/Armory holds up just fine.

Last edited:
Yeah, the continual omission of empty cowls with Batman figures which include unmasked heads is a joke. It should be a no-brainer.

Yeah an empty cowl is a needed accessory for Batman figures with an unmasked head sculpt in my opinion. If I'm not mistaken, the only Batman figures to come with empty cowls were the Armory sets and the QS001 Exclusive, and the empty cowl was the exclusive accessory!

Cool^ but this is the DX12/Armory thread and as of right now the DX12/Armory figures scale better with all of the other Nolan figures many of us already own and the DX19 isn't a drastic difference like say the first MMS (forget #) was to the DX02 and then the DX02 to the DX12 all within a couple of years.. After TEN years you would expect it to be no contest but HT is lazy (no backpack/no empty cowl?) more than I would like them to be these days and therefore the 12/Armory holds up just fine.

Yeah. I like the DX19 fine, and I see some improvements, but it ain't anything I'm rushing to sell off my DX12 and replace.

Yeah, the continual omission of empty cowls with Batman figures which include unmasked heads is a joke. It should be a no-brainer.

Right? And then when they do release one it's with Catwoman.....but only as a bonus special edition. :lol

Back