New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I initially was just going to get the TRU versions without the diorama pieces, but I was able to snag Series 1 for a great price on ThinkGeek so I caved. The diorama is going to be pretty good and I hope it fits where I am hoping to put it. I'll try to remember to post pics of what I have so far.

The Ray I got is pretty poor in the painting department as far as the head is concerned. Other than that, they look good.

There are definitely problems, but overall I'm pretty happy with mine so far. I thought it was interesting that the guy in the video above said the wands can't fit on the Proton pack. Mine can. They are badly designed and tricky to get in there, but they will stay.

IMG_9223.jpg
IMG_9222.jpg
IMG_9225.jpg
IMG_9227.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9228.JPG
    IMG_9228.JPG
    556.7 KB · Views: 241
Do you think are they nicer looking figures than the Mattel versions Jon Wes?

I was looking any mine the other day underside from the accessories, I generally think the Mattel ones looks and feel better despite have less details than these ones. I say that not having one in hand.

I didn't go for the Mattel ones, so it's hard for me to judge. I guess I like the more realistic feel to these. The sculpts on the Mattel ones just seemed SO soft and almost cartoony at times. But I'm only going off pictures. I'd love to see some good quality comparison photos. A YouTuber included some comparisons in his videos. But it's kind of dark. But you can see there is a definite difference in the style of the Mattel VS DST.

Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 2.51.34 PM.jpg
Screen Shot 2016-03-09 at 2.53.16 PM.jpg

Personally I like the Mattel ones better, the torso articulation on the DST is useless and ugly and the likenesses are terrible, considering they are bigger than Mattel's they should be a lot better... I like the diorama piece though... But I'm gonna pass on these...
Wish NECA had the license back... [emoji53]

The Matty Ray sculpt is worse IMO. Some of the smaller details on the Matty ones are better, for example Louis's clothing or Winstons sculpt. And agreed about the ab articulation. Worthless.

Surprised that DST missed the mark on Winston... Looks horrible and I have seen in person. I might pick up Ray who I think is bang on. Great job on him!

Back