New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really stoked and was quite shocked and surprised when I got the email from Matty saying this was going up for sale. I was so disappointed the line was stopping that we didn't get the second Scoleri brother and the other two courtroom battle figures. I am beyond pleased that we are able to get these and I very much hope that Matty will do it at least one more time and give us an Egon Courtroom figure. Maybe an exclusive or something?

PLEASE Matty, make Egon before you call it quits for good.

Make Courtroom Egon Mattel :goodpost:

$215 for the Ecto 1 and $25 a pop for the new Pete and Ray figures.... that they should've made in the first place. Usual Matty Pre-Order/Goal crap. I doubt it makes it.

I'm not incline to order the Ecto (because of price), but after the issues with the hoverboard I'd be afraid to plunk down $215 for something that doesn't even have a proto.

I'm not incline to order the Ecto (because of price), but after the issues with the hoverboard I'd be afraid to plunk down $215 for something that doesn't even have a proto.

that is exactly my reservation as well. This is what I've been waiting for since the line was introduced a few years ago, but that's alot of cash to give to a company.

The price ($215) is fine, IMO. Especially when the hot wheels Elite 1/18 Ecto 1 (which is smaller than this one) is almost $200 now. And like I said, it's smaller with no sounds or light features (engine and ambulance siren lights/sounds) , besides you can always PO the Ecto 1 and when Mattel shows the prototype, if you don't like it, you can always cancel your PO. And also, this car and the figures come out in the Fall of 2014...a year from now, no need for a prototype so fast :dunno

Last edited:
I'm both surprised and excited by this...but at the same time, it's like, why didn't they do this from the get-go when the line was still hot?

Moreover, fans have been pleading for them to have removable packs since day 1...now they want us to buy the same 2 figures over again (not to mention the variants through the years) and they couldn't even bother to attempt some new headsculpts?

Seeing these just makes me even more glad that I sold off all of mine. Would have bought them just to keep a complete set, but its a bit ridiculous

The price ($215) is fine, IMO. Especially when the hot wheels Elite 1/18 Ecto 1 (which is smaller than this one) is almost $200 now. And like I said, it's smaller with no sounds or light features (engine and ambulance siren lights/sounds) , besides you can always PO the Ecto 1 and when Mattel shows the prototype, if you don't like it, you can always cancel your PO. And also, this car and the figures come out in the Fall of 2014...a year from now, no need for a prototype so fast :dunno

I'm PO'ing, I think the price is worth it.

Why not have a proto? What's with these cardboard cutouts. This is an established toy company. And, what's with the disclaimer that it may have more or less than what is pictured. Do they not know how much this is going to cost as pictured? This is where a proto would come in handy. Have something before you have a pre-order.
I dislike this "we'll produce it if enough people pre-order." It really feels like a ploy to get sales. Not saying they aren't in the business to make money. I just don't like what seems to be BS. Make a fantastic product and I'll buy it. Don't show me pictures of something that could be what it looks like and ask me to believe you when you haven't done it in the past.

Why not have a proto? What's with these cardboard cutouts. This is an established toy company. And, what's with the disclaimer that it may have more or less than what is pictured. Do they not know how much this is going to cost as pictured? This is where a proto would come in handy. Have something before you have a pre-order.
I dislike this "we'll produce it if enough people pre-order." It really feels like a ploy to get sales. Not saying they aren't in the business to make money. I just don't like what seems to be BS. Make a fantastic product and I'll buy it. Don't show me pictures of something that could be what it looks like and ask me to believe you when you haven't done it in the past.

Its Matty's new MO.

Step 1: Throw up a PO for a high priced item with nothing but a cutout and a promise.

Step 2: Build up said PO by constantly saying how great its going to be.

Step 3: Show Prototype

Step 4: Hear customer complaints about prototype, promise to make changes

Step 5: Deliver a product where nothing was changed for the better, and is sub par even when compared to the prototype.

See Matty's Hoverboard and soon to be Castle Grayskull for examples.

Its Matty's new MO.

Step 1: Throw up a PO for a high priced item with nothing but a cutout and a promise.

Step 2: Build up said PO by constantly saying how great its going to be.

Step 3: Show Prototype

Step 4: Hear customer complaints about prototype, promise to make changes

Step 5: Deliver a product where nothing was changed for the better, and is sub par even when compared to the prototype.

See Matty's Hoverboard and soon to be Castle Grayskull for examples.

If the final product is not good, then I'll cancel the PO, no big deal. We lose nothing by PO this ecto 1 and figures. Funny, for YEARS people have been asking Mattel for the Ecto 1, and now that they have a chance to get one, they complain about it :cuckoo:

I bought the Hot Wheels version a few months ago... I love it. I can easily pass on this new one. I would like the figures however.

You can only get the figures if enough people PO the Ecto 1 :gah:

Back