New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool kuzeh, ill keep this in mind2 as id prefer them to have differences in height. will look better on display

Well, the PKE meter is amazing, and in reality, he doesn't need anything else IMO...
Maybe Tobin's Spirit guide?.. :lol

As for the bodies, Slim's are indeed too short...I'm using the following:
Ray- Regular TT with Fat Suit
Egon- Narrow Shoulders TT
Peter- Narrow Shoulders TT
Winston- Regular AA TT (from The Spirit TT)

As for the bodies, Slim's are indeed too short...I'm using the following:
Ray- Regular TT with Fat Suit
Egon- Narrow Shoulders TT
Peter- Narrow Shoulders TT
Winston- Regular AA TT (from The Spirit TT)

Just curious, why a reg TT for Ray? Are his shoulders any wider than Peter's?

Egon is clearly the lankiest, so maybe he needs the extra slimness of the Narrow TT, and maybe both Ray and Peter need the reg?

Just trying to sort this out for myself. Really none of them had broad shoulders, but I would like to create some variation in the body types if possible. Proper padding may be the simple answer.

Just curious, why a reg TT for Ray? Are his shoulders any wider than Peter's?

Egon is clearly the lankiest, so maybe he needs the extra slimness of the Narrow TT, and maybe both Ray and Peter need the reg?

Just trying to sort this out for myself. Really none of them had broad shoulders, but I would like to create some variation in the body types if possible. Proper padding may be the simple answer.

That's my plan. Proper padding, suit futzing, etc. I think that will help make for variety and differentiation. :D

I think you're (we're) going to have to experiment with the bodies. I have Ray on a Reg TT with padding and it doesn't look broad-shouldered. I think all would work on a reg TT with the choice of padding making the big difference.

IMO they all look about the same build in the first movie. Dan is a little more heavy set but it only shows when his pack straps are tight lol. I was messing around with different body sizes but I didn't like the over all look of some things being too big or too small. Id love to see pics when you get to it though.

It's odd how the cartoon has had such an effect on how people imagine the builds of the live-action actors.

In reality there's a 3-inch difference from shortest to tallest (Hudson was 6' even, Aykroyd and Murray are 6'2" and Ramis was 6'3") and "tubby" Aykroyd really wasn't noticeably heavier than the others. Of course, the cartoon is what people watched daily for like 6 years and you can't really expect that to not influence people.

But yeah, you'll be hard-pressed to find a screenshot that supports the use of a "fat suit" for Aykroyd/Stantz.

But yeah, you'll be hard-pressed to find a screenshot that supports the use of a "fat suit" for Aykroyd/Stantz.

Ghostbusters.jpeg

He's not fat, but compared to the wiry guy he was on SNL and as Elwood Blues he did seem heavy for sure by the time "Ghostbusters" came out.

Ghostbusters.jpeg

He's not fat, but compared to the wiry guy he was on SNL and as Elwood Blues he did seem heavy for sure by the time "Ghostbusters" came out.
So he gets a fat suit because he posed in front of the other actors in that one publicity shot?
There are tons of photos (some in this very thread) that show that "gut" on all four actors because its not a gut, its just the way the uniforms were tailored.

yeah i was thinking the same thing, when i look back at the movie stills and watch the movie itself, i dont think ray/dan was that fat. yes he may have been alittle bigger than the other guys, not much tho...but i do agree it was mostly the flight suit that made him look bigger because of the cut of it. its a flight suit so is meant to be slightly looser fitted hence the extra material hanging, making him look more padded than he actualy was, so maybe the customs dont need any padding?

i think personaly, they right choice of body for height is more important to me. i want egon to look alittle taller than the rest as he was.

So he gets a fat suit because he posed in front of the other actors in that one publicity shot?
There are tons of photos (some in this very thread) that show that "gut" on all four actors because its not a gut, its just the way the uniforms were tailored.

I got a Buck body for Egon (a little taller and lankier). The rest of my crew will be on HT TTs :D

i never used a buck body before. you have any pics of it or 1? and any links to where ican get one. id be interested if they are good bodys to use, esp if they are taller.

are they much taller than hot toys or jst slightly?

I got a Buck body for Egon (a little taller and lankier). The rest of my crew will be on HT TTs :D

...so maybe the customs dont need any padding?

I would say most if not all clothed figures need some padding. As great as some of the underlying bodies are they physically only represent about 1%, if that, of real people.

This is an old pic of Ray on a TT. I padded the mid-section and I think it gives the figure a more "real" appearance. The body that these figures come with with a little padding could be made to look better. I changed the body because it was an ackward body to work with. It didn't move the way I wanted it to.
2q83fjm.jpg

yes that body looks good. i still prefer the hots doys,sat toys and dragon flight suits myself, but body wise yes yours looks good with asmall amound of padding. not too much tho so he looks fat.

and any1 got any links or anything to buck bodys?? if they are taller then id go for 1 with egon.

I would say most if not all clothed figures need some padding. As great as some of the underlying bodies are they physically only represent about 1%, if that, of real people.

This is an old pic of Ray on a TT. I padded the mid-section and I think it gives the figure a more "real" appearance. The body that these figures come with with a little padding could be made to look better. I changed the body because it was an ackward body to work with. It didn't move the way I wanted it to.
2q83fjm.jpg

Back