New Ghostbusters Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyways the 6 inch winston review is up

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/HSlAhdVzPXQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/HSlAhdVzPXQ&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>
What exactly is the criteria you have to meet for the privilege of having figures sent early to you for review? I'd make a YouTube video describing what everything looks like with a MIDI playing in the background if I could get things sent to me early.

I guess it must be high website traffic, though I'd be kinda surprised because I'd never heard of this site until the early Ray reviews in October.

It's not sour grapes or anything, it's just a few days early and I don't want to insult That New Toy Smell...I'm honestly curious, it just seems entirely arbitrary as to who they've chosen to get them early.

Winston looks really good though...man, I didn't really mind Ray's tiny head before, but it's starting to be really noticeable as the team is built up. Hopefully if they do a round 2 on the team, they'll give us new head sculpts and Ray mark 2 will turn out a bit better.

Well,
the guys doing the reviews is very well known on the MOTU community, so he's been reviewing the MOTU figures for the past year. I assume that due to that, he's able to score the GB figs now...

BTW, they also have the 12" Egon review

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/caBS3Ei3Lhc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/caBS3Ei3Lhc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

now WHY would they show the clean version of the figure but insteeead we're getting the goofy looking slimed version instead?

There's actually a reason for it. I could tell you but I want you to figure it out for yourself.

It doesn't take any inside knowledge or anything. Just common sense. I know it's a rarity online but still, give it a shot before you get all upset.

There's actually a reason for it. I could tell you but I want you to figure it out for yourself.

It doesn't take any inside knowledge or anything. Just common sense. I know it's a rarity online but still, give it a shot before you get all upset.

:confused:

no, as a matter of fact i dont know. could you please enlighten me?

:confused:

no, as a matter of fact i dont know. could you please enlighten me?

Seriously?

"It just wasn't ready for the con" should suffice but beyond that the unslimed Venkman figure is a head and a nametag away from all the other figures (and inaccurate to boot, they're resculpting the lower legs) whereas the slimed version seems to have that weird shiny paint app covering most of his body.

For all we know the photo of the slimed prototype (still a mockup with the inaccurate legs) was emailed to Mattel from China an hour before Mattel had it in their Powerpoint presentation.

But hey, what do logic and reason mean? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE CON... GRR... THEY COULD HAVE HAD IT THERE AND THEY JUST CHOSE NOT TO TO MESS WITH OUR MINDS!

Really? No one see's Harold Ramis in there? I guess I'm in the minority.

No i can see harold in there all right, i think its just the paintapp is really bad as the guy points out in the video. It looks way too cartoonish as do all the headsculpts bar probably winstons from what i've seen. Its such a letdown really because i think the rest of the figure and the equipment is pretty well done for a first jab at this from mattel.

No i can see harold in there all right, i think its just the paintapp is really bad as the guy points out in the video. It looks way too cartoonish as do all the headsculpts bar probably winstons from what i've seen. Its such a letdown really because i think the rest of the figure and the equipment is pretty well done for a first jab at this from mattel.

yeah i can see ramis in their but again, faintly so. i mean the sculpt isnt great but i think a better paint app wud be slightly better as the guy in the video said.

after seeing Egons HS, all I can say is thank god for people like Vartal and Spencer.

but i agree totaly with jon/astro. if we didnt have spensers or vartals heads already we would be very sad right now with average looking gb figures.

the equipment is great tho, jst abit of weathering in my opinion.

You will see that afther he gets out on sale, people here will start customizing it and repainting it, and you will be amazed to see how cool he will look without changing the head. Ofcourse if u want perfection and have the money for estra set of body and head, then u can go that rout.

SAl

yeah i heard that mattel was going to be resculpting the bottom of his pants so they are movie accurate, is that true?

Seriously?

"It just wasn't ready for the con" should suffice but beyond that the unslimed Venkman figure is a head and a nametag away from all the other figures (and inaccurate to boot, they're resculpting the lower legs) whereas the slimed version seems to have that weird shiny paint app covering most of his body.

For all we know the photo of the slimed prototype (still a mockup with the inaccurate legs) was emailed to Mattel from China an hour before Mattel had it in their Powerpoint presentation.

But hey, what do logic and reason mean? IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE CON... GRR... THEY COULD HAVE HAD IT THERE AND THEY JUST CHOSE NOT TO TO MESS WITH OUR MINDS!

everything is as id expect with egon 12". not fussed about the headsculpt tho. my vartel head is all painted up ready for a transplant when mine arrives.
out of curiousity, if egon has his pke meter and venkman comes with the slimed head what is winstons exclusive item? (12" version)

everything is as id expect with egon 12". not fussed about the headsculpt tho. my vartel head is all painted up ready for a transplant when mine arrives.
out of curiousity, if egon has his pke meter and venkman comes with the slimed head what is winstons exclusive item? (12" version)

HI man, could u post ur Vartal's Egon head if it's not too much trouble? I'm considering ordering it from him but don't know...

Thankks

Sal

yeah all in all im not to fussed because i will be changing the heads anyway to have them displayed. im guna try get 2 of each anyway so ican keep 1 displayed in the box and use the other for the parts. so the custom displayed sets will be as accurate as possible for me.

and winstons exclusive accessorie may be a big twinkie :D:rolleyes:

lol

yeah i heard that mattel was going to be resculpting the bottom of his pants so they are movie accurate, is that true?

and yeah the 12" and 6" venkmans will come with untucked pants, mattel stated so. the pics of the tucked in versions where just prototypes for sdcc i believe.

I finally transplanted Ray into a regular TT, with Fat Suit,
I originally was using the Asian TT until I got the regular TT, and I'm working on the Spenser head right now, hopefully I'll have pics tomorrow...
Looks amazing so far! :rock!

Back