New Cop Joker Image + another added 03/27

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Cop Joker Image

I agree although it should have been perfect the first time around rather than releasing it a few months later, I think it looks great and am going to have no trouble at all pulling the trigger on this one...........DAMN YOU HOT TOYS!!!

I agree with this concept, but at the same time, I will throw out, I'd like to see them slow down too.

I think the flaws in the v1 Joker were because of the rush to have it ready for the movie's release, and given time, all Joker's would have been at BR Joker level. People think they just screwed up the v1 with the head and all, I think it's flawed because it was based on early test photos, not sure what happened with the clothes though, the proto suit by Harue looked great.

I applaud HT making improvements, like Begins Batman 2005 vs 2008, but months later developing something better makes me feel like they should just slow down, do it right the first time.

I'm glad if there are improved clothes in this cop set because I want the best, but I am miffed that they didn't just ensure the best to begin with. I was excited when the v1 came out because I felt like it was the best they could do, maybe not the head but the clothes certainly, and to now know better, I look back and would gladly have waited until like winter to get a Ledger Joker figure that was all done right from day 1 than to get one with the movie and see them correct it within a year.

You took the words right out of my mouth (and shaped them into something that makes sense!). Agree 100%

I agree although it should have been perfect the first time around rather than releasing it a few months later

v1? few months? end of August it was out. Almost 8 months now.

Yeah I know, it costs more monies. So another month or two before more pics... :(

This hobby seems to sound worse than alcoholics etc

Does anyone have a screenshot of when he actually fires the shot, and right after, I think the sculpt is based on his expression at the shooting point or right after it (can't remember exactly when he makes that face).

https://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/tdk_1333.htm
https://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/tdk_1334.htm
https://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/tdk_1335.htm
https://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/tdk_1339.htm
https://screenmusings.org/TheDarkKnight/pages/tdk_1341.htm

The MMS DX thing sounds like the old DVD double dip trick doesn't it. release a movie, then a special edition, then an extended cut etc..
I think i'd have preferred the Cop Joker to have been a regular MMS release instead.

Yeah I know, it costs more monies. So another month or two before more pics... :(

This hobby seems to sound worse than alcoholics etc

"You can expect to hear our BIG announcement about our first MMS DX collectible within this month, and our Creative Team plans to have a lot of fun with future releases! Keep your eyes glued on our weekly newsletters for more information."

Based on that I would expect the full reveal within a week!!

What does this mean? Redoing older figures,or new licences or what? I want me a redone Hicks!

"You can expect to hear our BIG announcement about our first MMS DX collectible within this month, and our Creative Team plans to have a lot of fun with future releases! Keep your eyes glued on our weekly newsletters for more information."

Based on that I would expect the full reveal within a week!!

Hope so, it feels like this has been going on for ages now.

ehhh...i dont think this looks that good...i need to see some in hand pictures

Looks good,but no ledger...but we all know HT will improve it,no doubt in my mind!

I agree with this concept, but at the same time, I will throw out, I'd like to see them slow down too.

I think the flaws in the v1 Joker were because of the rush to have it ready for the movie's release, and given time, all Joker's would have been at BR Joker level. People think they just screwed up the v1 with the head and all, I think it's flawed because it was based on early test photos, not sure what happened with the clothes though, the proto suit by Harue looked great.

I applaud HT making improvements, like Begins Batman 2005 vs 2008, but months later developing something better makes me feel like they should just slow down, do it right the first time.

I'm glad if there are improved clothes in this cop set because I want the best, but I am miffed that they didn't just ensure the best to begin with. I was excited when the v1 came out because I felt like it was the best they could do, maybe not the head but the clothes certainly, and to now know better, I look back and would gladly have waited until like winter to get a Ledger Joker figure that was all done right from day 1 than to get one with the movie and see them correct it within a year.

Valid points well put, but at the end of the day this is a company that needs to turn profit, just like any other company. In striking when the iron was hot I'll guarantee they sold a shed load of the first Jokers to movie fans who just wouldn't be as interested today!

R+D costs a lot of money and the best way to fund that is by constantly revising and improving your product (the quality and success of your last commercially available product finances the better one you will follow up with).
I can see how for someone who’s a big fan of Batman and got the first release (myself included) might feel peeved there is gonna be a better one and also feel compelled to get the new and improved one, but part of the joy of collecting for me is seeing the progression in quality from when I started collecting to today, and the fact HT are constantly pushing the envelope just makes me excited to see what kinds of improvements they have in store.

Yeah, I think your right to a certain extent MaulFan. Products like Dutch, Vito, BR Joker and the like are good examples of what HT can do when they take the time.

It seems they're going thru some growing pains lately, new licenses, more figures in the license, more complicated figures, new hires, so maybe when they get settled they'll have a 99% perfection track record instead of 95%.:D

Yeah, I think your right to a certain extent MaulFan. Products like Dutch, Vito, BR Joker and the like are good examples of what HT can do when they take the time.

It seems they're going thru some growing pains lately, new licenses, more figures in the license, more complicated figures, new hires, so maybe when they get settled they'll have a 99% perfection track record instead of 95%.:D

Yes 100% agreed and I immediately thought this when I saw this sculpt, it will be improved vastly once released imo. If this version comes with an updated jacket and 2nd sculpt i'm most definetely in.

I too would like to see more images of that sculpt, right now, i'm seeing Dicaprio. Still, I can never have enough Jokers!

Of all things with this figure, I just really hope that A) it is a new painted head, B) the makeup is in line with the mob meeting look, and C) the eyes are painted straight on.

Back