New Cop Joker Image + another added 03/27

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Cop Joker Image

what about that purple coat?
looks different too.
different fabric maybe?

what about that purple coat?
looks different too.
different fabric maybe?

I can't see a difference in fabric from this image, at least on my computer screen, just blurry shot, however, a better fabric and better tailored purple coat would be welcome, the v1's was a bit too on the silky side as far as texture, too almost black in most lighting, and the lapels ended up poorly located on his shoulders making him almost look like a lineback or something, if they do a new coat and fix all this it'll be great.

copjokert2w.jpg

Going by the look of the Joker in the background, I'm thinking this one will include his purple coat with the grenade rigging from the mob meeting. It very much looks like the one hand is up in the air like when he holds the string to set them off and his left side looks like a hand is holding the coat open just like that scene. That'd be a cool way to get a better purple coat with this figure.

BINGO!

newjoker.png

Things I noticed: the collar of the new coat looks better and more accurate than the v.1 version. The coat appears to have padded shoulders because if you look at the right arm that's up you can see a distinctive v shape there. So that's cool. I agree the material looks different, inbetween the original and Medicom's (which was OVERDONE imo). So not smooth but not like a Medicom bathrobe. :lol Also it definitely looks lighter in color.. because it's not directly in the Cop Joker light yet you can kinda make out the color. The v.1 would be BLACK.

So Cop Joker (Outfit/Hat/Rifle) + New Mob Meeting Joker head sculpt + New accurate Purple Trench Coat with Grenade rigging + 2 new purple gloved hands.

Sound about right?

And one from me:
copjoker.png

It's all in the lighting, the mouth looks weird in that image but perfect here.

pojteaser.jpg

If one image makes it look great and another bizarre, I'm really feeling angle and lighting are key and that it'll be fine overall in hand.

Well, I'd like to say I love it, unfortunately that cop sculpt doesn't look much like ledger to me. Hopefully the new painted sculpt will make this figure a purchase for me. Right now I'm passing.

It's all in the lighting, the mouth looks weird in that image but perfect here.

pojteaser.jpg

If one image makes it look great and another bizarre, I'm really feeling angle and lighting are key and that it'll be fine overall in hand.

Well considering most of us won't have our figure completely hidden in a shadow to cover it up I'd say this photo is the exception. Besides. It's not only the mouth the looks off.

BINGO!

newjoker.png

Things I noticed: the collar of the new coat looks better and more accurate than the v.1 version. The coat appears to have padded shoulders because if you look at the right arm that's up you can see a distinctive v shape there. So that's cool. I agree the material looks different, inbetween the original and Medicom's (which was OVERDONE imo). So not smooth but not like a Medicom bathrobe. :lol Also it definitely looks lighter in color.. because it's not directly in the Cop Joker light yet you can kinda make out the color. The v.1 would be BLACK.

So Cop Joker (Outfit/Hat/Rifle) + New Mob Meeting Joker head sculpt + New accurate Purple Trench Coat with Grenade rigging + 2 new purple gloved hands.

Sound about right?

I agree on the fabric now, the quality of the highlights is suggestive of a softer, almost velvety material, more accurrate, and some of the details do look promising to be more accurrate.

If the grenade rigging is there, I do hope it's not permanent or doesn't make the figure look goofy wearing the coat with them attached.

Well considering most of us won't have our figure completely hidden in a shadow to cover it up I'd say this photo is the exception. Besides. It's not only the mouth the looks off.

I'm not saying the figure has to be hidden, just that it looks better under different lighting so just because it looks bad in the new shot doesn't mean it is bad entirely, and to me the mouth is the only off looking part.

I think the scarring might be a little too pronounced, but it's slight and I'm very impressed on the whole...

I'm hoping for some new 'development', soft skin or something.

heath-ledger-joker-no-makeu.jpg

heath-ledger-joker-02.jpg

Great appreciations to our collectors who have made our MMS line a success, we think we can do it better, and that's why the MMS DX series is formed. So what is MMS DX? Our MMS DX series presents upgraded high-end collectibles by adding more life-like elements and brand new techniques invented by our in-house engineers. This is a good news for figure addicts everywhere, as you will see an exceptional 1/6 collectible you have never had!

This opens up a whole new arena... could a perfect Hicks be in the works?

Whoa! That actually kind of sucks. Maybe, just maybe we're all wrong about all this extra stuff with the Cop Joker. Maybe HT plans on re-releasing the v.1 Joker with the moniker of "Mob Meeting Version" which would just be the v.1 Joker replaced with this new head sculpt, the 2 new hands pictured, new purple coat and the grenade rigging. For me it would be cool since I don't have the original Joker.. but for people that do it would suck. Pure speculation on my part though. :D

They are a bit overpronounced but no more than BR, and I'm glad they look the same as that head. Sure they could be more muted and accurrate but at this point, I'd rather all HT Joker heads be consistent than to overdo scars on BR and fix them here, it'd make them being off on the BR stand out more to be fixed here, keeping the same look makes them all fit together and look right together.

Still don't like the DX idea. I would have gladly shelled out $200 for this DX Joker had he been released earlier. If the DX version does indeed have a great Joker sculpt + accurate clothing with better materials then what am I going to do with my two other Jokers? Of course nothing is confirmed yet but the proto image certainly leads me to believe that this is the case. What if they announce a DX Predator 1 after they release the MMS P1? Arghhh

Whoa! That actually kind of sucks. Maybe, just maybe we're all wrong about all this extra stuff with the Cop Joker. Maybe HT plans on re-releasing the v.1 Joker with the moniker of "Mob Meeting Version" which would just be the v.1 Joker replaced with this new head sculpt, the 2 new hands pictured, new purple coat and the grenade rigging. For me it would be cool since I don't have the original Joker.. but for people that do it would suck. Pure speculation on my part though. :D

:monkey2:monkey2 I am already the owner of 2 Jokers..... I couldn't agree more.

Still don't like the DX idea. I would have gladly shelled out $200 for this DX Joker had he been released earlier. If the DX version does indeed have a great Joker sculpt + accurate clothing with better materials then what am I going to do with my two other Jokers? Of course nothing is confirmed yet but the proto image certainly leads me to believe that this is the case. What if they announce a DX Predator 1 after they release the MMS P1? Arghhh

That's my point. What if they start re-releasing A LOT of older figures, upgraded and better. It's nice for new buyers but it makes the figures people already collected and paid for from them useless. I'd be pissed if they released a better P2. Because that'd be $190 bucks down the drain for me. :lol

I don't care what anyone says at this point, love it and praise it. Not me. HT's has amended almost every other piece they've announced in recent memory so I'm not going to sit around and quietly accept this option if I know they can do much better, and I'll proudly yell it in hopes we don't end up with a sculpt which in my opinon is more original joker misfire than BR joker revelation.

I really think with this figure we are getting new purple joker clothes that fit better and probally more screen accurate..and judging by the teaser pose of the Joker in the background, looks like maybe a sculpt from the scene with Joker and the mob..so, a cleaned up head with the paint and also grenades that you can apply to the coat...has to be this, notice the open hand on the far left of the joker in the background..we did not get that with any of the Jokers so far..pretty sure.

That's my point. What if they start re-releasing A LOT of older figures, upgraded and better. It's nice for new buyers but it makes the figures people already collected and paid for from them useless. I'd be pissed if they released a better P2. Because that'd be $190 bucks down the drain for me. :lol

Double-dipping to the extreme :monkey4

I can already picture it :lol
Regular P2---> Battle Damaged P2---> MMS DX P2

Back