New Cop Joker Image + another added 03/27

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: New Cop Joker Image

I don't care what anyone says at this point, love it and praise it. Not me. HT's has amended almost every other piece they've announced in recent memory so I'm not going to sit around and quietly accept this option if I know they can do much better, and I'll proudly yell it in hopes we don't end up with a sculpt which in my opinon is more original joker misfire than BR joker revelation.

Well i'm all for further improvements, but as is I think it is amazing anyway. But sure, make a big hoo ha and they'll probably tweak it further!:naughty

hey HT, if you're going to make another purple coat please make it accurate this time okay.

I wish the headsculpt was grinning (showing his teeth) like he was in the movie right before he takes a shot at the mayor. After all, unless you were looking closely, that is the moment that Cop Joker's presence is first clearly revealed.

Meh. im not really liking this figure.

If it includes a new coat, and hands ill have to buy them on ebay.

BUT if it includes a new headsculpt I will have to buy the Cop Joker Itself, because y'know how its a pain in the ass to buy the head seperate like the BRJ head.

Can't be asked to scan the thread, but it looks definited for the 'grenade coat'.

Yay, cannot WAIT for this one. Love it.

Hmmm, very interesting. Well this fig is a must have for myself. But I wonder if there is going to be more gooodies? I thought it was the full blown pics of what this fig was going to be, but they said it's a second teaser.... makes me wonder if they are going to pack more accessories. Wonder if they are going to use the slim body for this one and that the new"update" purple coat and maybe old outfit will be tailored to the new body?? Anyways, think I'm gonna put a second order with Joe right now

While the Leagerness of the sculpt might not be perfect, the detail of the sculpt IS Perfect.. those ears! :rock

It is definately the grenade coat.....and maybe a pencil to go with it??

Im seeing more 'Gangs of New York' than TDK in this sculpt

copjoker.png

"TA-DAAAA Its....its gone."

Hmmmm...what else?Iron Man with shoulder guns maybe?

Hopefully this new MMS DX Series is the start or continuation of making more Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Characters!!..
Someone Gives us the release date !!!!!!!

The coat definitely looks to be a more suede texture and that head is not the BR head.

Bring on the full specs!!

Last edited:

A bit annoyed at the triple-dipping on this character, to be honest. If it was just 3 "perfect" representations that they had released I'd have no problem, but since you had to buy the first and second to get an accurate looking "iconic" Joker, and now they're releasing a third, better version, well, it leaves a bad taste.

Hot Toys are doing this because they know that they can get away with it. I think they need to be careful they don't alienate their collectors in the long run though.

As for me, I've already spent almost $400 on this figure. As good as updated clothes might look, I'm not going to spend any more.

Hopefully this new MMS DX Series is the start or continuation of making more Batman Begins, The Dark Knight Characters!!..
Someone Gives us the release date !!!!!!!

The MMS DX series is more about providing collectors with the highest quality 1/6 collectible. Probably still a chance for MMS Batman Begins figures. I just don't expect to see it from the DX series. I'm guessing we could see characters like Jack Sparrow revisited.

I like the Cop Joker but I'm more interested in seeing what exactly HT is going to do with their purple coat Joker. I think they'll be including a mob meeting coat and hands and maybe a new sculpt with Cop Joker.

If they decide to completely upgrade the purple coat Joker and sell him as a mob meeting version I just don't have a problem with that. I'd rather HT continually get better rather than not even trying.

A bit annoyed at the triple-dipping on this character, to be honest. If it was just 3 "perfect" representations that they had released I'd have no problem, but since you had to buy the first and second to get an accurate looking "iconic" Joker, and now they're releasing a third, better version, well, it leaves a bad taste.

Hot Toys are doing this because they know that they can get away with it. I think they need to be careful they don't alienate their collectors in the long run though.

As for me, I've already spent almost $400 on this figure. As good as updated clothes might look, I'm not going to spend any more.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Already purchased two Jokers to combine into a great Joker. Now it looks as if they are releasing the "Ultimate" Joker. :banghead

I wish I wasn't such a big TDK fan cause I'm don't have the ability to resist this ultimate cop Joker.

If they decide to completely upgrade the purple coat Joker and sell him as a mob meeting version I just don't have a problem with that. I'd rather HT continually get better rather than not even trying.

I agree with this concept, but at the same time, I will throw out, I'd like to see them slow down too.

I think the flaws in the v1 Joker were because of the rush to have it ready for the movie's release, and given time, all Joker's would have been at BR Joker level. People think they just screwed up the v1 with the head and all, I think it's flawed because it was based on early test photos, not sure what happened with the clothes though, the proto suit by Harue looked great.

I applaud HT making improvements, like Begins Batman 2005 vs 2008, but months later developing something better makes me feel like they should just slow down, do it right the first time.

I'm glad if there are improved clothes in this cop set because I want the best, but I am miffed that they didn't just ensure the best to begin with. I was excited when the v1 came out because I felt like it was the best they could do, maybe not the head but the clothes certainly, and to now know better, I look back and would gladly have waited until like winter to get a Ledger Joker figure that was all done right from day 1 than to get one with the movie and see them correct it within a year.

I agree with this concept, but at the same time, I will throw out, I'd like to see them slow down too.

I think the flaws in the v1 Joker were because of the rush to have it ready for the movie's release, and given time, all Joker's would have been at BR Joker level. People think they just screwed up the v1 with the head and all, I think it's flawed because it was based on early test photos, not sure what happened with the clothes though, the proto suit by Harue looked great.

I applaud HT making improvements, like Begins Batman 2005 vs 2008, but months later developing something better makes me feel like they should just slow down, do it right the first time.

I'm glad if there are improved clothes in this cop set because I want the best, but I am miffed that they didn't just ensure the best to begin with. I was excited when the v1 came out because I felt like it was the best they could do, maybe not the head but the clothes certainly, and to now know better, I look back and would gladly have waited until like winter to get a Ledger Joker figure that was all done right from day 1 than to get one with the movie and see them correct it within a year.

Think you summed it up pretty well Maulfan! It is always good to see companies improving their products but that doesn't mean they should rush out products only to improve them a few months later. If they go overboard with this concept it may end up biting them in the ass when collectors skip the first release to wait for the DX version.

Back