NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Personally I would have rather seen a retro cloth style figure for this line as it fits in more with what I collect. I know there are both camps for these retro and ultimate figures but I wonder if they'll end up offering both at some point.

It is a bit of a redundant name. It implies it will cover everything for a given character when it normally can't and won't.

Also Ultimate used to mean they were gathering together accessories and parts from multiple prior figures to put in a single release, usually with new articulation whereas in this case there were no prior MacReady figures. They're just calling it Ultimate right out the gate which would seem to imply it'll be the only one - but will it?

Pretty much with the recent examples I've given of Back to the Future and It; there's probably no way it'll be one release. I think no less than 2 MacReady figures if not three. If they figured to do an Audition version of Marty as a regular release and not even an exclusive, I have to think they'll do several of these. I'm assuming they'll do some monsters too with the license.

A 1/6 figure of MacReady has always been a grail for me but I may just have to settle for these.
Yeah. The Thing is a top tier movie for me. I generally don't care for "What's your favorite ________?" type question but when asked about a movie I might pull out The Thing as an easy go-to. I'll probably buy any and all things from this line.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Thing/AWIL/Halloween1/F13th1/Exorcist1/PoliceAcademy1

I’ll take it all!

I want a Scanners head explosion but how would they pull that off in toy form lol

I want a Revok with white eyes and bulging veins.

Release in summer 2021 and no preorders yet? I dont think it will be released for that date

Enviado desde mi M2007J17G mediante Tapatalk

We'll see. That does seem a little optimistic. I bet it'll be out in time for the 40th anniversary next year instead.

Looks like these will be hitting Target first as a Father’s Day item but will be available later at all retailers. I have to say I like this approach to typical store exclusives. Just a quick early window. If you need them first, you hit your Walmart’s and targets. If you can wait a bit you just sit back and order them online a few weeks later. I wish Hasbro would give this a shot. Their recent exclusives have been handled so poorly.

Looks like these will be hitting Target first as a Father’s Day item but will be available later at all retailers. I have to say I like this approach to typical store exclusives. Just a quick early window. If you need them first, you hit your Walmart’s and targets. If you can wait a bit you just sit back and order them online a few weeks later. I wish Hasbro would give this a shot. Their recent exclusives have been handled so poorly.

:exactly: :lecture :exactly:

The final likeness isn't amazing but it's still bought. Eager to see them make the actual creatures.
20210516_200005.jpg

I feel like Neca’s “ultimate” title for the line doesn’t mean what it used to. It meant this was the ultimate package and everything you could possibly want for the character was included. Now it’s like ultimate for this one segment of the movie. The lack of a flamethrower is very evident with this release, meaning at least one more is coming.

I feel like Neca?s ?ultimate? title for the line doesn?t mean what it used to. It meant this was the ultimate package and everything you could possibly want for the character was included. Now it?s like ultimate for this one segment of the movie. The lack of a flamethrower is very evident with this release, meaning at least one more is coming.

Correct assessment in my opinion. As there are 4 releases for King Kong now.
1. First release
2. Basil Gogos Inspired repaint (Walmart Ex)
3. Release with hinged jaw, pit creature, tree, pterodactyl, second new head and new box (Target Ex) New Box
4. Kong with plane and shackles New Box

b5Y0UNH.jpg
sdAtDqY.jpg

I feel like Neca’s “ultimate” title for the line doesn’t mean what it used to. It meant this was the ultimate package and everything you could possibly want for the character was included. Now it’s like ultimate for this one segment of the movie. The lack of a flamethrower is very evident with this release, meaning at least one more is coming.

The more the merrier especially if it means no compromises but yeah the ''ultimate'' title has become a bit redundant.

Back