NECA: The Thing

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im super excited about this one. I?m definitely going with two for different looks.

Is there still hope we could see someone do this line in 1/6 scale?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

100% in. Here's hoping they do more with this license (and maybe, just maybe Escape From New York ;))

Im super excited about this one. I?m definitely going with two for different looks.

Is there still hope we could see someone do this line in 1/6 scale?!

The fact that this is happening at all shows some hope, but regardless I'm not waiting for anything else haha. Getting whatever NECA can make for this license.

This I didn’t expect.

I look at all the ideas NECA is tackling recently and can’t help but think..why haven’t the JAWS figures released yet..what happened :dunno

They say they will release in summer this year and there are no preorders yet? Strange....

Enviado desde mi M2007J17G mediante Tapatalk

This is great news! Really hope it doesn't end up like the JAWS line and we see some thing creature figures as well.

Id be down for Blair. Childs for sure. Spider head thing for darn sure.

Blair with revolver accessory...

“I’ll keeeel Uuuu”

As far as humans go I'd be happy with just MacReady, Childs and a Blair, they already have the likeness rights of Keith David too, when it comes to the thing(s) I would want pretty much all of them haha, a double pack of a Palmer-thing and Windows would be awesome, as well as a big Blair-thing piece or the dog and kennel, so many cool possibilities.

I wonder if they'll include the flame thrower with Mac though. Now that I think about it, they'll probably do a version with the dynamite strapped on, snow-covered variant, etc.

Dont really care much for Neca when it comes to human figures. Their human figures usually turn out pretty bad, with bad likenesses and poor paint app. Still disappointed that PCS didn't make their Thing figs a few years ago.

I wonder if they'll include the flame thrower with Mac though. Now that I think about it, they'll probably do a version with the dynamite strapped on, snow-covered variant, etc.
I don't see how an "ultimate" MacReady could be released without a flamethrower, I do think we might get some variations of the figure but nothing substantial, probably just some repaints
Dont really care much for Neca when it comes to human figures. Their human figures usually turn out pretty bad, with bad likenesses and poor paint app. Still disappointed that PCS didn't make their Thing figs a few years ago.
Their human figures have been getting better over the years, as far as the paint apps they could be better but these are cheap for a reason and in my opinion they're preferable than the majority of figures in the same price range from other brands, Mcfarlane comes to mind, their figures are terrible when it comes to paint.
My biggest worry with NECA has always been their shoddy QC though, every figure I've gotten from them has either come with something missing, broken parts or both in the case of the last thing I purchased from them which was the Kratos and Atreus double pack, missing pouches on the figures and Atreus's arm came popping out and his leg seemed like it broke and someone glued it back on, this was brand new and sealed in the package.

At the end of the day I'm just glad we're finally getting Thing figures, I really hope they do most of the Thing-creatures because that is their strong suit, but mostly hope this doesn't end up cancelled like the PCS and other offerings.

I've wanted stuff from The Thing for years but I rewatched the film yesterday and had forgotten that ridiculous scene where they discover Blair was building a spaceship with helicopter parts in the time he was locked in the shed. If there's ever a need for a Special Edition to edit some stuff, man I'm all for it. It killed my spirit for this figure.

I've wanted stuff from The Thing for years but I rewatched the film yesterday and had forgotten that ridiculous scene where they discover Blair was building a spaceship with helicopter parts in the time he was locked in the shed. If there's ever a need for a Special Edition to edit some stuff, man I'm all for it. It killed my spirit for this figure.

LOL what

I don't see how an "ultimate" MacReady could be released without a flamethrower, I do think we might get some variations of the figure but nothing substantial, probably just some repaints

Their human figures have been getting better over the years, as far as the paint apps they could be better but these are cheap for a reason and in my opinion they're preferable than the majority of figures in the same price range from other brands, Mcfarlane comes to mind, their figures are terrible when it comes to paint.
My biggest worry with NECA has always been their shoddy QC though, every figure I've gotten from them has either come with something missing, broken parts or both in the case of the last thing I purchased from them which was the Kratos and Atreus double pack, missing pouches on the figures and Atreus's arm came popping out and his leg seemed like it broke and someone glued it back on, this was brand new and sealed in the package.

At the end of the day I'm just glad we're finally getting Thing figures, I really hope they do most of the Thing-creatures because that is their strong suit, but mostly hope this doesn't end up cancelled like the PCS and other offerings.

I really dislike the "Ultimate" name for their line, but that's what they're sticking with. Like I mean there's an Ultimate Marty McFly Audtion version. Everything is an Ultimate. They released like 4 different 'ultimate' Pennywises from the first movie. With all the trouble this took to get, I'm sure they're going to release no less than two versions. He's got dynamite strapped to him later on, so they'll do that look for sure at least, and probably any other outfit he had.

It is a bit of a redundant name. It implies it will cover everything for a given character when it normally can't and won't.

Also Ultimate used to mean they were gathering together accessories and parts from multiple prior figures to put in a single release, usually with new articulation whereas in this case there were no prior MacReady figures. They're just calling it Ultimate right out the gate which would seem to imply it'll be the only one - but will it?

Last edited:
Back