NECA - The Last of Us 7" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good paint isn't gonna redeem that happy Ellie sculpt though. Not sure why it wasn't angry considering she's pissed the majority of the game. Or at least neutral.

I don't think Neca really cares about this license, and are just doing it to appease the people that have been asking for TLOU figures on their twitter feed for years. There is a big difference in quality between these figures and the recent TMNT figures of Casey Jones and April O'Niel.

They care about TMNT because they found their Iron Man.

Last of Us was randomly dropped on a Friday.

I would love to see Threezero make figures from both games though.

The game has its fanbase, but, outside of that fanbase, who would care!? They have to go with what will have the most appeal.

Not necessarily, TLOU is just a game. Other franchises have much broader appeal and have movies, comics, kits, figures and much more merchandise besides. Something that is purely one form can't really compete.

Not necessarily, TLOU is just a game. Other franchises have much broader appeal and have movies, comics, kits, figures and much more merchandise besides. Something that is purely one form can't really compete.

The appeal is going to broaden when the HBO series drops.

Though the two entities might feel like two different things, and not that homogenous, since the original game was practically a series with quality acting, with characters whose faces and identities are already etched in the memory.

The series will live or die by the casting. If Joel or Ellie don't measure up to their game counterparts then it won't be well received. I wasn't keen on The Witcher as Henry Cavill looked nothing like the character in the game. Gerard Butler would work as both Joel and Geralt.

The series will live or die by the casting. If Joel or Ellie don't measure up to their game counterparts then it won't be well received. I wasn't keen on The Witcher as Henry Cavill looked nothing like the character in the game. Gerard Butler would work as both Joel and Geralt.
I think it will do well, mainstream audiences will watch it and the casting of Pedro Pascal will bring in more people who aren't familiar with the games, I personally don't have any investment in the show, just curious to see the practical and special effects.

I guess that will depend on the streaming audience. I don't subscribe so unless it comes to DVD it will pass me by. There's still talk of the games coming to PC, so I guess that might help. Thing is with most previous PS exclusives is that, by the time they hit PC, most other gamers are over it and have moved on.

We'll see....

Hoping on the chance that Neca might turn around and do something cool with this license, but not expecting it. To be honest, I'd much rather Ellie/Dina and Abby/Lev if we're covering the sequel. Do a museum flashback Joel/Ellie if you're not doing the first game. More iconic looks for that pair. It'd be a waste not to do any infected. I don't see this going deep though.

I hope we’ll see Part 1 Ellie and Joel and some infected but I think the 2 pack is gonna be it unfortunately.

Yeah, if the quality here doesn't improve that'll seal the deal for this line. Most people aren't gonna pay $75 for 2 mediocre figures from a beloved gaming franchise. They'd rather buy a game for that money instead.

I don't think these two were high on their priority list and may have been done just to shut people up. Outside of the fanbase, is it really that big? It's only a PlayStation game at the end of the day. Had it been cross platform it may have had a broader appeal.

I don't think these two were high on their priority list and may have been done just to shut people up. Outside of the fanbase, is it really that big? It's only a PlayStation game at the end of the day. Had it been cross platform it may have had a broader appeal.

I don't have a Playstation, and I don't play games any more even if they were released for PC.

A number of players made their play throughs into 'no commentary' movies, with gameplay along with all the cut scenes. I saved three versions of them, running between six and eleven-and-a-half hours long. Also got a cinematic playthrough of Left Behind DLC and a couple for TLOU2.

That's how I consumed The Last of Us, and that's how it grabbed hold of me. To me it's a long movie, or a series, rather than a video game. I tried the same with RDR and RDR2 but it didn't work at all. I just didn't find it compelling.

The HBO series is going to be odd, as to me it won't be a TV series based on a game, but a TV series based on what I already think of as a movie or a series. :unsure:

The video game industry is bigger than the film industry. Playstation is one of its largest platforms. The Last of Us one of their biggest titles. We're talking millions of copies sold and a prestige HBO adaptation in the works. Why keep asking if it has appeal? It obviously does.

We'll see if there is an action figure market for it, but far more obscure licenses have had a shot. Sadly the quality and price of these Neca figs have not given them the best start.

All it takes is the right company to produce a quality collectible.

We've all seen a license treated poorly.

Look at The Boys. The wrong company got the license. The Last of Us has Prime 1 making statues but a lot of fans will be priced out of that.

My biggest problem with the hobby is when the right license doesn't get the respect it deserves. Indiana Jones hasn't had his due officially yet after 40 years, it's up to customs to get it done.

The Matrix had two figure lines back in the day, one figure from Hot Toys (a short sighted moronic decision) but only now with a new film coming do we see companies slowly announcing products, none of which are sixth scale figures yet.

I hope someone does have the Last of Us sixth scale license because what NECA has shown so far is ok, could be better.

I'm starting to dread when Hot Toys announces something, because it will literally be years before we get it in hand and no character is a guarantee of making it to preorder and production.

Last edited:
I really hope it’s threezero or mondo. And according to Mondo, it’s a possibility so fingers crossed

It would be depressing if it was Mondo. Just as depressing as if was Star Ace or Big Chief.

Threezero would be a good choice, as they seem to have standards.

At least we'll still have had CC and MT, and LiM on the horizon who will no doubt blow everyone else clear out of the water!

Seriously, Lim did such an amazing job on Arthur I can not wait to see how their Joel turns out. And yeah it seems right up threezero’s alley

Back