NECA - The Last of Us 7" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm, NECA deleted their post about these figures from all their social media. Hope these aren’t getting cancelled...
I asked Trevor Grove on Facebook and he said he also had no idea the pictures were pulled down.

Yeah, that'd be ideal. Hopefully that's the case, but it's likely something stupid.
Read my reply above, seems like Trevor isn't aware of this so probably something stupid indeed lol, I could see it being something like Playstation wanting their brand on the pictures.

Yeah, I saw it immediately after I hit post reply.

It's probably unrealistic to hope for better sculpts anyway. These are probably being worked on as we speak.

If they fixed Joel’s hairy neck I’d be content lol, his sculpt is actually pretty nice

I'd wager the tweet being taken down is much ado about nothing, maybe there was a problem with the wording of the twee. If there was a problem, the figures would be removed from retailers, which hasn't happened.

What's bizarre to me is that NECA has actual been doing a pretty solid job with face printing, translucent plastics, and that sort of thing. These look downright amateur, like early McFarlane "messy wash is realistic" type work. The sculpts are there as we can see with Trevor's work.

What's bizarre to me is that NECA has actual been doing a pretty solid job with face printing, translucent plastics, and that sort of thing. These look downright amateur, like early McFarlane "messy wash is realistic" type work. The sculpts are there as we can see with Trevor's work.

Yeah these look oddly dated compared to some other recent figures. Joel was rocking some serious eyeliner. Maybe protos were rushed for the reveal and now they're being updated some more. Neca are weird though. Some things look perfect, some look half-arsed.

From Trevor Grove.
View attachment 543336

I'm surprised it took Neca this long to make TLOU figures since it seemed to be right up their alley, weird choice to start off with Part 2 figures but nice to finally see some official figures, no guitar tho!

The sculpts are great but Ellie's expression is a bit odd, once again the cheap paint covers up the solid work from Trevor but after all these are $20 figures, it's great fans can have these cheap and licensed alternatives now, Trevor also teased a clicker figure which should look awesome and hopes these sell well so Neca can consider making Part 1 figures, which tells me they don't have any plans to make other characters.

In the meantime, @Asta we will have some great stuff from the franchise coming next year in both 1/12 and 1/6, what I've seen recently when it comes to accessories is unlike anything I've ever seen, makes me excited!
Will you guys being doing 1/6 Part 2 figures next year?

So according to Asmus Toys, someone has the license for 1/6 TLOU figures. Very curious who it is
Edit: Never mind, I do believe they were mistaken.

Last edited:
So according to Asmus Toys, someone has the license for 1/6 TLOU figures. Very curious who it is
Edit: Never mind, I do believe they were mistaken.
Surprised people dismissed this, I bet Asmus knows and is just playing dumb, if someone is making game figures my guess would be Mondo, could also be TV show figures.

Surprised people dismissed this, I bet Asmus knows and is just playing dumb, if someone is making game figures my guess would be Mondo, could also be TV show figures.
What was weird is they told me to google it like it was common knowledge, so I think they just mistook the CC toys Ellie figure but we’ll see
Edit: For context I asked them in a dm if they had plans for TLOU figures and they said someone else had the license and that I should google it lol

Last edited:

I'd rather it wasn't Mondo after that awful Half-Life figure. Threezero would be a likely candidate.

Couldn't find anything by searching. The closest I could find was this from last month:

https://www.licenseglobal.com/video...laystation-north-american-licensing-portfolio
Sony Pictures Consumer Products (SPCP) announced that the company will work with Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) to represent merchandise licensing in North America for the PlayStation brand and its PlayStation Studios games including “God of War,” “Horizon Zero Dawn” and “The Last of Us.”

I'd hope they're revising things. NECA has started to use 3D printing on their heads, that doesn't mean that the heads are 3D printed, it actually means the facial details are digitally printed onto the sculpts. SHF have been doing this for years now with very good results. So far, I have 2 NECA figures where they have used this technique, the Frankenstein Monster and the Nightmare Demon. I have 2 demons and the paint apps are identical. Every last detail of the sculpts is there.

If they use the same technique on the Joel and Ellie, they will be winners.

Back