NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah what fun is having a handful of 1/4 Predators all in the same general pose.

That would be like SS releasing one statue after another in the same pose.

The 20" ones don't need to be mega-poseable for me - there's enough in all the ones released so far to keep me happy.

At this size, they look awesome just stood up straight let alone using the articulation they DO have.

This was a no-brainer for me and will look great next to the 7" Neca & the 36"x24" BOTTLENECK "Jungle Demon" poster/print.

You can't even get any of them in a pose close to this. 1/4 that is. The most simplest pose yet NECA won't do it cuz it would require some retooling. Yet their Alien Warrior 1/4 has double joints when the 7 inch doesn't have double elbows hmmmmm.....

aa680b0b011556d97f17b09fa4fdab99.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Transparent plastic usually turns yellow at some point, so at this scale I can only imagine how is gonna look after a while. Since I don't collect 1/4 figures, this will be a pass for me. Really love the glowing eyes gimmick though.

I don't regret the closed mouth 1/4 I have he looks great standing there but I do somewhat regret buying the masked 1/4 with the same limited articulation as i'm rewarding NECA for not innovating.

I almost got the recent 1/4 Jungle Hunter, then I learned of the crappy articulation.

The 1/4th City Hunter has better movements, right?

I almost got the recent 1/4 Jungle Hunter, then I learned of the crappy articulation.

The 1/4th City Hunter has better movements, right?

That is correct he has a ball jointed hip and even possibly a thigh cut which makes him better than the bow legged Jungle!

City on left and the silly JH on the right.

I mean will you just look at that nonsense.

IMG_9910.JPG

City also has nice butt cheeks:

IMG_9913.JPG

Last edited:
Oooooh, wow, another Predator, but this time only half painted! I simply must own one!

The P1 doesn't have the same articulation as the 1/4 P2? News to me, it's limited enough on the P2. I have the masked P2 and the guardian, both of which have the same articulation.

The P1 doesn't have the same articulation as the 1/4 P2? News to me, it's limited enough on the P2. I have the masked P2 and the guardian, both of which have the same articulation.
It's more limited on the JH no ball jointed legs/hips.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Guardian, Ram aka Warrior and all P2 1/4 releases ( masked, masked with LED & unmasked portrait ) have ball joints all other 1/4 Preds are lesser articulated versions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thought I'd have my Ult.Jungle Hunters by now. Swear to **** if those ended up in customs I'll be quite pissed off. 3 ****ing 1:10 scale NECA figures should not exceed the Irish customs value threshold. Got nailed on my last BBTS delivery, I suspect only because they declared a $200 value on the form - the order only cost $118 - including shipping :dunno My 3 jungle hunter predators were less than that again. There should not be any customs to be paid on these.

I'm pretty late but I finally got the Elder Predator, and it's a lot better than I was expecting minus the bright red cape. If anyone was on the fence about it IMO it's worth it.
IMG_3157.jpg
IMG_3161.jpg
IMG_3163.jpg

Nice man - NECA's AVP preds really are great figures, especially for the price - very well worth it!

Nice man - NECA's AVP preds really are great figures, especially for the price - very well worth it!

I really think the AvP Preds are the best Predator figures NECA has produced. The AvP designs are not even close to my favorite (Jungle Hunter all the way!), but the sculpt, articulation, accessory count, paintwork, quality control and their sheer size and heft really do make then stand out amongst the other figures. On a shelf compared to the rest they just look incredibly impressive.

Got the 1/4th City Hunter and Scarface today and man, the City Hunter's one imposing dude! Scarface is armed to the teeth!

At last, I have a Predator and an Alien sharing the same shelf. XD

I received my ultimate jungle hunters today. I've only opened one of them so far.

Pros : love the articulation, about time a P1 can move like this - the double elbows and upper bicep swivel really make a difference. Even the torso joint offers just enough.

cons: nevertheless the loincloth prevents him from being able to do that really deep stoop.
It's also true that some parts of him are painted plastic while others (including the loincloth it looks like) are translucent plastic. I can live with it but it's not ideal and I don't know why they'd do it this way.
The masked head isn't great with various flaws including sloppy paint and an ugly seam going across the forehead.
The unmasked head, facially, is probably painted better than some previous ones I've had but his mandibles are a bit askew, at least on this sample. Turn it around and look at the dreads and it's very badly painted with some of the gold paint of the beads completely missing the beads and ending up on the dreads themselves.

Overall, not a perfect figure despite its title. When Terminator figures get bad paintjobs I usually have spares to choose from without taking away from another figure but in this case I'd only be spoiling other Predator figures by taking their heads so I'm going to be stuck using these. Hopefully the other 2 are better.

There's also doubts carrying over from previous versions like - are his proportions right? His thighs are almost as big as his torso - is that correct? As FriendlyPiranha said his feet are huge - is that correct? And, myself, I've always felt his arms are a little short but I could be wrong.

I guess that sounds like a whole lot of negative and yet I'm actually not as upset as I sound. He still manages to look pretty damn cool with the new poses that are possible.

Back