NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oops are these 2ups? real netting isn't impossible to do on 1/12th, i think it's easier than painting sculpted netting.

I hope these new AVP Preds no matter how great they are starting to show have tighter leg and hip joints. Nothing worse than having a figure that slowly begins to fall over because the legs are flopping all over the place. Be nice if the new ones have ratchet joints!

Hi

Does anyone in the UK know how / where to get AHAB predator, without paying something ridiculous on eBay (£50). Neca seems to of only supplied a couple of forbidden planet stores with this figure, very annoying when they said that they was going to get it into the UK for everyone!

Not everyone in the US got one, or got one for a reasonable price. Never remember Neca promising Ahab figures for everyone.

Hmm maybe you're right, it might be a forbidden planet exclusive now since it was just an SDCC exclusive. However to start off with they were saying that it was going to come through our distributor, but anyway this was the last tweet I got from them about a month ago:

Me: Any News On Ahab Predator UK Release?

NECA: Coming Soon, Not Through Distributor But Other Means. Will Post Info ASAP

Neca never posted any information is all i'm saying, instead someone else from the UK asked the same question and Randy just said that some people there have obtained him. Where? When? How?.

This isn't Neca's fault really, it the distributors because they didn't take it in the end. I'm just confused on how forbidden planet got supplied some and that NECA never posted any info to help.

More NECA WIP:

avpneca7.jpg

While the 18" figures would not be first to arrive I feel pretty confident that if they take the time to make them at a smaller scale they will give us the 18" figures as well. Fans have been begging for them and they have been embracing that size lately. Scar would be amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool. Chopper! Pic is a bit blurry and at first it looked like they had Scar's bio mask on him, but when I look closer I think it is actually the right bio mask.

I'm glad the proportions are in line with the original preds and the armor/body doesn't look like an over sized space suit.

A daring choice for them. Not sure I like it, it's a McFarlane/HT kinda thing to do, **** with the original design because ''this would look better''. I think more people who are interested in these would rather they just straight up copied the proportions of the movie designs even if they were in fact not as good as Stan Winston's original creatures.

However, I won't be buying the AvPs anyway so, doesn't affect me.

From what we have seen it does look like they’ve trimmed a little too much fat. The heavily armed AvP design on a slim body looks a bit odd.

Hopefully better photos from Toy Fair will win me over because that Celtic mask looks awesome and I don’t have Chopper in my collection.

Back