NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no point in arguing with him, he has absolutely NO idea what he's talking about and no concept of how things work.

And just so he knows...YES, pvc plastic IS made with petroleum. :slap

I already know what I mean.

Only I'm not just your opinion.

If it were up to major, we would still not have 19 "Predator.
Because so little is ever possible.

PVC is however not 100% from petroleum.

And the oil price is of course to blame that we have almost no accessories and no more sets. ^ ^

I already know what I mean.

Only I'm not just your opinion.

If it were up to major, we would still not have 19 "Predator.
Because so little is ever possible.

PVC is however not 100% from petroleum.

And the oil price is of course to blame that we have almost no accessories and no more sets. ^ ^

suicide.gif

Look...you haven't been right about ANYTHING you've ever posted in relation to action figures.

Why you're still trying to convince people you know what you're talking about...when you clearly don't...is beyond me.

You fight at all for any figure ?

If it were not such a strong desire of the fans, there would be no 19 "Predator.

But we need more 19 "figures, more accessories and more sets.

My problem with the Neca us some figures withheld because they think they know is what we want.
They do not.

E.g. the Alien Queen or Dutch.

And my problem is that one makes no sets and no more accessories.
What used to be different.
E.g. the Cult Classics series.

Furthermore, the quality control is not good.

Well, I think they know we want figures like the Queen or Dutch, but unfortunately for NECA it's not as simple as making what will sell well.

Take the Queen for instance, sure it would sell, but the amount of tooling, production costs, and other things those in the not in the toy industry do not know about, make it a very leery investment for NECA to make.

Or take Dutch. Aside from the fact that yes, a good number of collectors will buy it, a figure of Dutch does not have the same selling power, parts re-use and mass appeal as the actual Predators do. And that's not even taking into account likeness rights, and liscense limitations.

As far as accessories and playsets go, it is just the state the toy industry is in right now. Aside from a dedicated community of collectors and other buyers, toys have been replaced by videogames and electronic media as what interests kids. Look how many companies have gone out of business or are almost gone. NECA adapted to what the market can support.

Even other lines, DC, Marvel, etc. from massive companies like Mattel and Hasbro come with a bare minimum of accessories. And when was the last time you have seen a Batmobile or playset from any of them?

As far as QC goes, sure NECA has it's issues, but compared to examples I've seen of Mattel's QC, NECA is doing pretty darn good. And when a freaking DCUC figure is $15 a piece at Toys R Us, NECA sells their figures for a huge value without price gouging us.

In the end, each accessory, part, paint app, etc. costs money. If these costs to make the figure exceed what profit can be made from actually selling a figure, then either something needs to be cut, or the figure not made.

When they want to take a risk with something like the 1/4 Pred, it's great. But it's a big investment for NECA and not something they can do all the time. Hopefully one day we can see a Queen or Dutch. But until then, I want NECA to keep on making smart business choices, so they can be around in the future to make them.

My problem with the Neca us some figures withheld because they think they know is what we want.
They do not.

E.g. the Alien Queen or Dutch.

And my problem is that one makes no sets and no more accessories.
What used to be different.
E.g. the Cult Classics series.

Furthermore, the quality control is not good.
ummm

ok

so, NECA doesn't cater to your whims because they don't know their market as well as you do. or they're just being mean and there are no economic/logistical reasons behind their choice in products.

that's, uh... yeah, i give up. think i'm better off putting you on the ignore list.

Is that P2 a future 7'' release just currently made at a bigger scale, or is that a 12'' figure?? I'm confused. Sorry I'm really unfamiliar with NECA predators. First Neca Pred will be the 1/4 Predator 1...but wow I'm on board with that Predator 2....hopefully it ends up as 1/4 scale...my dream would be 1/4 scale P1, P2, Scar, Wolf to go with my HT set of 4...
that's a 12" two-up resin prototype of the future 7" P2 figure coming out this fall. many figure manufacturers use two-up prototypes during development.

the 1/4 scale P1 figures are selling pretty well, so there's a decent chance there could be a 1/4 scale P2 next year some time. we'll just have to wait and see.

Well, I think they know we want figures like the Queen or Dutch, but unfortunately for NECA it's not as simple as making what will sell well.

Take the Queen for instance, sure it would sell, but the amount of tooling, production costs, and other things those in the not in the toy industry do not know about, make it a very leery investment for NECA to make.

I think these figures would sell very good.
Since they have a large fan base.
Kenner and McFarlane made even a Queen.
McFarlane even made 2.

And Tankman is a briliant Sculpter-neca have to use this.

It is certainly not easy, but doable.

Or take Dutch. Aside from the fact that yes, a good number of collectors will buy it, a figure of Dutch does not have the same selling power, parts re-use and mass appeal as the actual Predators do. And that's not even taking into account likeness rights, and liscense limitations.

Sure, the Predator is far more popular.
But there are so many, the Dutch do.

One could also make several versions.
Dutch normal, Dutch cameo and Dutch Final Battle.

It has also been some before many sculpts by Schwarzenegger Terminator, so I think that would be the Likeness rights not so hard.

Neca could do so on Twitter or Necaonline a survey to find out how large the demand is Dutch.
Neca knew it very well.

As far as accessories and playsets go, it is just the state the toy industry is in right now. Aside from a dedicated community of collectors and other buyers, toys have been replaced by videogames and electronic media as what interests kids. Look how many companies have gone out of business or are almost gone. NECA adapted to what the market can support.

Even other lines, DC, Marvel, etc. from massive companies like Mattel and Hasbro come with a bare minimum of accessories. And when was the last time you have seen a Batmobile or playset from any of them?

But Neca makes special things.
They have horror licenses are purchased by the adult.
Therefore, they should focus more on it.
Neca is not Mattel or Hasbro.
Neca should ever change their market strategy.
More specialize in film fans and collectors.

Hasbro makes some big vehicles.
As the AT-AT, at-te, Juggernaut, Millennium Falcon, etc.
Diamond Select has its Ultimate Quarter Scale series.
And then there are also companies like Mezco Sota Toys.

As far as QC goes, sure NECA has it's issues, but compared to examples I've seen of Mattel's QC, NECA is doing pretty darn good. And when a freaking DCUC figure is $15 a piece at Toys R Us, NECA sells their figures for a huge value without price gouging us.

So the paint job on the Berserker and Classic Predator is terrible.
And the T-1000 will have many problems with the joints and ears.

In the end, each accessory, part, paint app, etc. costs money. If these costs to make the figure exceed what profit can be made from actually selling a figure, then either something needs to be cut, or the figure not made.

Sure, nothing is free.
I know that too.

But instead could make any disguised versions and other figures to focus on other figures.

Otherwise one has to at some point lost the license and not all brought out what the fans want.

Something like what happened to McFarlane.

For all I can Neca also increase the prices.

I will provide a better quality and more accessories.

And earlier it worked so well with Cult Classics series and the Crow Sets.

Something with such popular series like The Terminator and Predator would also sell very well.

And how things like skull or a totem, one does not develop, because that has already made Neca.

When they want to take a risk with something like the 1/4 Pred, it's great. But it's a big investment for NECA and not something they can do all the time. Hopefully one day we can see a Queen or Dutch. But until then, I want NECA to keep on making smart business choices, so they can be around in the future to make them.

I think the risk will pay off.

They already have several Jason and Jack Sparrow and Jack Sparrow's father made in 18 ".

That was also a risk.

I hope the 19 "Predator is selling well and there are still some of it.

Unfortunately, business decisions are not made by people like Tankman.

A collector and fan-oriented policy would also bring money.

ummm

ok

so, NECA doesn't cater to your whims because they don't know their market as well as you do. or they're just being mean and there are no economic/logistical reasons behind their choice in products.

that's, uh... yeah, i give up. think i'm better off putting you on the ignore list.

Don't you want more from neca ?

Are they so satisfied with everything?

Due to the ignore list will change nothing.

OK, I'm gonna try to answer all of your gripes, The Rider:wave

I think these figures would sell very good.
Since they have a large fan base.
Kenner and McFarlane made even a Queen.
McFarlane even made 2.

And Tankman is a briliant Sculpter-neca have to use this.

It is certainly not easy, but doable.

First of all, kenner made a queen back in the 90's, and it wasn't very good and plastic was cheap. Second of all, both mcfarlane queens are almost ten years old! PVC (which IS made from petroleum) was cheaper then, and even so, those queens sucked IMO.
The fan base for the alien queen probably isn't large enough - not enough of the people who like neca products may be able to afford a large queen were neca to make it, and then they'd be going negative on costs and they probably wouldn't want to do anything else ALIEN again. Can tankman easily make a queen? Yes. Can neca produce it into a toy at a reasonable price and make a profit on it? Evidently NOT because if they could they would have done it by now.

Sure, the Predator is far more popular.
But there are so many, the Dutch do.

One could also make several versions.
Dutch normal, Dutch cameo and Dutch Final Battle.

It has also been some before many sculpts by Schwarzenegger Terminator, so I think that would be the Likeness rights not so hard.

Neca could do so on Twitter or Necaonline a survey to find out how large the demand is Dutch.
Neca knew it very well.

A not-large-enough fanbase for dutch would be even worse with multiple versions of dutch not selling! THink about that, one dutch not selling verses multiple ones sitting on store shelves. Honestly before I really became a predator nerd I didn't even know any of the names of dutch's squad in the film, I only cared about the predator, and I think that's how most people are unfortunately.

Arnold's likeness in predator and the likeness in terminator are different rights belonging to different companies that can be had at different costs/difficulties. Simply saying "well they did it with terminator" isn't a good argument.

Also, a poll on necaonline would be biased as the casual buyer probably has no clue that neca has a website, so only the fans would be voting and the results would be inaccurate.

But Neca makes special things.
They have horror licenses are purchased by the adult.
Therefore, they should focus more on it.
Neca is not Mattel or Hasbro.
Neca should ever change their market strategy.
More specialize in film fans and collectors.

Hasbro makes some big vehicles.
As the AT-AT, at-te, Juggernaut, Millennium Falcon, etc.
Diamond Select has its Ultimate Quarter Scale series.
And then there are also companies like Mezco Sota Toys.

However, neca still has all the same production costs that go into it's toys despite them being from more mature genres of "stuff".

Hasbro is also pretty crappy these days. Just sayin!

So the paint job on the Berserker and Classic Predator is terrible.
And the T-1000 will have many problems with the joints and ears.

Yeah, and those still costed quite a bit compared to their other figures - imagine the price if their paint jobs were at what you'd like them to be! That higher price may shut out some potential buyers from purchasing the product and thus, neca may lose money again.

Sure, nothing is free.
I know that too.

But instead could make any disguised versions and other figures to focus on other figures.

Otherwise one has to at some point lost the license and not all brought out what the fans want.

Something like what happened to McFarlane.

For all I can Neca also increase the prices.

I will provide a better quality and more accessories.

And earlier it worked so well with Cult Classics series and the Crow Sets.

Don't compare NECA to mcfarlane. Neca does so much more regarding to fan feedback and making things people want than mcfarlane ever did.

And it doesn't matter if YOU mind or not if they raise their prices, they are geared toward the LOW END collectors that typically don't have a lot of money to spend on toys so that few dollars increase that push them over $20 may be unappealing to buyers.

Again, EARLIER being your key word when things were cheaper (even in the last five years things have become more expensive).

Something with such popular series like The Terminator and Predator would also sell very well.

And how things like skull or a totem, one does not develop, because that has already made Neca.

And even if something DOES sell well - if neca can't make ENOUGH of a profit on something they won't do it as it would be a waste of time when they could do something else they would make more money on, e.g. a predator totem. That would be expensive to produce, package, and ship and most people wouldn't want to pay over $15 for a totem that was in the movie for a few seconds.

Happy?
:goodpost:

Wow.. Neca really shown that they are best in what they do and gonna do this year. So much awesome figures and those Predators.. omg must have for us all :) But.. c'mon guys stop talking **** we all know who is right (cought* Sabres and others*cough).. So how about to clear the topic from the b******t and start talking just about NECA Predators Figures not something like "what if"..

And sorry for my english :wave

neca has enough potential to produce great lookin figures, but they dont use it at the fullest. u both have to accept it ;)

i would love to see a " major dutch " figure, too, beside sum MORE other figures like the queen for example ...

so ... i squarely agree with " The Rider "

neca has enough potential to produce great lookin figures, but they dont use it at the fullest. u both have to accept it ;)

i would love to see a " major dutch " figure, too, beside sum MORE other figures like the queen for example ...

so ... i squarely agree with " The Rider "

Then you aren't educated business-wise :lol

Back