NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the second comment on the toysdaily page "can you show us some other poses"...

I keep coming back to see the classic pred and thinking maybe I'll like him more if I keep starring at him, but I just keep seeing more flaws. Now I will say Im not knocking the sculpt, more or less the paint job because we can obviously see the protos looked awesome, but the actual in hand shots...not so much. Just wanted to clear that, no disrespect to the tankman his work is awesome.
Yeah really I cant beleive what happened to that figure...I'll wait to see the Falconer up close, but hes the only one that looks impressive to me...even Mr. Black, im not liking all his poka-dots on him either.

If I was Tankman, I'd be crushed.

But the figure, in my eyes is still good. I know I sound like a fanboy and just backing it up to back up. I keep starring at it and I like it more that I see it.

They look good to me. I mean the classic has all of the spots on his face clearly visible and seperate, not a big blob of color, and his mouth is cleanly painted and i'm not seeing any slop or messiness. I think it may be the lighting you guys may be seeing that is putting you off. The figure looks the same to me as NECA's packaged pics, except it's under a bright camera flash in someone's brightly lit house. Plus, the classic in those pics is missing his right shoulder armor, they may be factory rejects or something

That linked reviewer's pics of classic look really good to me, i mean those last three pics on the post look great. The only thing i can see is maybe make the skin under the eyes darker, but that's about it. The pics that reviewer took looks better to me than the Hot Toys one paintjob. I mean that first head close up after he removes the packaging from the pics looks great.

Last edited:
The Falconer is definately the best of the 3.
The Berserker I can live with.
The Classic looks ROUGH in that first set of pics...his dreads are fooked.

But, he doesn't look too bad in the review pics.

Looking at Classic more the only thing I'd do to make him better would be to take some dark brown and try and darken up the crown and the sides. Its not as good as the proto, the spots throw the face off a lot.

Last edited:
What's the deal with the PINK background?

Are these really the figures? Because the classic looks NOTHING like it should.

Neca's Wolf was much better painted than these. Kinda makes you wonder where it went wrong. :(

Here's Hot Toys's $150 paint job:

Predht.jpg

Here's NECA's $15 paint job:

Pneca.jpg

NECA's classic looks great, obviously the NECA sculpt is superior, but for being a mass-produced 7" figure the paint is excellent as well.

Look at this. Look at it. THIS is the Predator. And he is awesome.

Pneca2.jpg

Same here. Just canceled my PO for a set. Hoping the P1, P2 and Elder comes out much better than these.

Predht.jpg

Pneca.jpg

NECA's classic looks great, obviously the NECA sculpt is superior, but for being a mass-produced 7" figure the paint is excellent as well.

Pneca2.jpg

It looks fine for a $15 figure, but come on, its not even close to Hot Toys.

Predht.jpg

Pneca.jpg

Pneca2.jpg

Please lets not start the Hot Toys NECA comparisons.
It's like comparing Hasbro to Sideshow.

Back