NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you suppose the difference between the production "Classic" figure & the prototype shown at Toy Fair is because the one at Toy Fair is meant to represent the Predator from the 1st movie while the "Classic" version shown in package & reviews is meant only to represent the look of the Predators version, hence the differences in paintwork like the missing black around the eyes & such?
I think so.

Well, you do know that the figure shown at Toyfair was a prototype and the package shots re what we get, painted by asian workers. the quality of the work is much different. Predators Classic Proto shows black around the eyes too so i assume it is just failed workers?

Looking good so far. Pictures many times the size of the real things tend to make them look worse.

Looks like they painted this one with a sharpie.
kxwup3d8.jpg

I feel sorry for everyone duped by the 2-up Prototype into claiming this NECA turd would be "the most accurate version of P1 eva!!!1!!"
kxwup3d8.jpg

Nope.

Last edited:
Re: 【NECA Predators wave1 pics】

oh well,I have nothing to say about them ,
because these guys have no package or any accessories,
maybe it's not the final product we will see.
judge for yourself.:wave

emmm,the factory workers need more paint training……
but I think it's impossible mission in China.:monkey2

kxwup3d8.jpg

nmmv2umf.jpg

2hejgmy5.jpg

The Paintjob of the classic Predator looks horrible :monkey2

The Eyes have a false Color.
The Eyes not White, the Eyes are Yellow an Black.

I hope that the final Product or a bigger Version of the P1 looks better.

I feel sorry for everyone duped by the 2-up Prototype into claiming this NECA turd would be "the most accurate version of P1 eva!!!1!!"
i don't think anyone was "duped" since it's been repeatedly pointed out that the two-up is a prototype and not the mass produced figure.

and it definitely does have the most accurate sculpt ever. it's the factory paint app that's off.
it's an easy fix too. i'll probably be getting mine a pro paint app.

NECA keeps saying classic looks way better in hand than on those terrible pics yet they have not shown us any good out of the package photos unlike they did with Falconer and Berserker.

Damn, these are out already! Suddenly, my hopes have been raised for finding them at that comic/figure store of mine tonight...

The Classic doesn't look too bad. Certainly has a better headsculpt and I like the poseability. Berserker is great, save for the chest paintjob. But Falconer... looks gorgeous. Funny how we _____ed about the green, yet he turned out fantastic. I even love the backview with his dreads and the overall look of the body.
For $15 a pop, NECA nailed it as expected. They're certainly not HT, but I'd be more than happy to get these guys next to my NECA 1979 Alien and Aliens Warrior. :)

Now to all of those complainers out there (which is okay), we never said the paint apps were better than HT or even on-par with it. What we said was that the head shape/sculpt looked more like the original Predator. That's it. And you guys said it yourself, it's fine for a $15 figure. And he looks pretty good in some angles:

DSC02834.jpg

DSC02847.jpg

DSC02846.jpg

Granted, I DO think the Wolf had slightly better skin paint application (especially on the arms), but the saving grace here is that this seems to beat McFarlane's Pred by a long shot. That one had its issues from a variety of perspectives.

With these new versions, you get what you pay for and it still gives off that Predator vibe that previous figures didn't.

Last edited:
ha ha ha, I got a good laugh about people saying "it would help if you knew how to pose a figure" now that was classic. Yeah after seeing those photos the predator looked a little better, still probably pass on that classic unless I just get bored and pick one up for the hell of it. Definetly getting the Falconer for sure though, he looks beast.

i wish playarts woudve have done these toys
the articualtion would have been better, abb crunch joint

Back