NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA: New PREDATOR movie figures announced

I think the fact that Hot Toys does make 12", roughly, sized Aliens and Predators is a factor in them not releasing their own. If Hot Toys had announced their T2 line a year ago before NECA got rolling, I would imagine NECA wouldn't have put out 12" figures from that, but rightly so, theirs were the best looking mass produced T2 12" figures around before HT, so there was room to sell even to the collector market. With Aliens and Predator, there's already product in the 12" range and competition for NECA, and where NECA's core product line is 7" scale, they probably just don't want to waste resources on figures that could lose out to something already on the market.

Off topic a tad but, WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE NEW NECA CONAN FIGURE???.

The Face looks good too on Hot Toys, but i didn´t like the teeth and he is definitly too thin.
Head not harmony with the Body.

sorry for my english.

Will the final Preds have real netting, if they're scaled down to 7-8"? Seems kind of hard to believe.

Also, WHERE'S MY DOG ALIEN!? As soon as you announced we'd have one from "Aliens," I was SO sure you'd give me my Doggy!

I'd be blown away if 7" figures had real netting, the painted one worked fine with the Wolf anyway.

I think the fact that Hot Toys does make 12", roughly, sized Aliens and Predators is a factor in them not releasing their own. If Hot Toys had announced their T2 line a year ago before NECA got rolling, I would imagine NECA wouldn't have put out 12" figures from that, but rightly so, theirs were the best looking mass produced T2 12" figures around before HT, so there was room to sell even to the collector market. With Aliens and Predator, there's already product in the 12" range and competition for NECA, and where NECA's core product line is 7" scale, they probably just don't want to waste resources on figures that could lose out to something already on the market.
there's nothing wrong with competition and i think they're underestimating what a pain in the ass it is to drop $160+ a pop on ht 12" figures that typically don't look like the movie (*cough*aliens*cough*). besides, if neca made 12" versions of any ht/sideshow/etc figure i own, i'd end up selling it and replacing it with the more accurate neca figure anyway. i get a superior figure and more $$ in my pocket. neca gets a loyal customer base. win-win.

but this is all academic. neca seems to be pretty hard-headed about their figure scales. so it's pointless to keep harping on wanting a 1:6 predator.

meh.

Hey Kyle can you give some clarification on the article on figures.com that says there is gonna be a Motorcycle Cop version of the T-1000? It refers to the hook arm one shown, just wanna know one is gonna happen.

Also, any news on a possible Dog and Queen Alien would rock, a LOT of message boards are aching for the Windrix touch.

Oh and if you have any info about the sculpting of the T-1000 I know a lot of fans would appreciate it.

Last edited:

Those are sweet looking figures.

I would love to see these put out as statues as well. But, chances of that are probably slim to none.

News of the Year;
Neca´s 18" Predator in Stock & ready to ship !!!

But i personally think only 7" and 12" come out,
my Alien remains alone.

THE MORE I LOOK AT THIS SCULPT...THE MORE I'M IMPRESSED.

the Predator is my all-time favotire character and this is just about as perfect as you can get.

ThANK YOU TANKMAN.

Off topic a tad but, WHERE IN THE HELL IS THE NEW NECA CONAN FIGURE???.

Are you talking about the 'Temple of the Serpent' figure? I'm not aware of the full extent of the Conan line but thats the one that most recently came into stock at BBTS but is now gone again I believe.

This one :D.

Neca%20Conan%20the%20Barbarian%20figurine%20Battle%20Temple%20of%20the%20Serpent%20Conan.jpg

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/piZ5fJoTZkc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/piZ5fJoTZkc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tell me about it, I've been waiting for Neca's Shaw Brothers figures for over 2 years now.

I guess time to check my LCS then, tomarrow.

I can't find pics anyone posted of this figure who bought it.

Yeah thats the one that came into stock at BBTS just the other day but is already sold out. I bought one. Really hoping it'll have a decent paintjob and no QC issues. I also 'preordered' the pair of series one figures from BBTS although who knows if they really are getting them back in. BBTS sometimes lists things for order that they ultimately can't get.

can;t wait to see what predator 2 looks like, since elder and predator 1 look so good,.

I'd love the P2 to capture him like when he gets up off the floor in the warehouse and lets out a big roar at Harrigan.

Back