NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any figure that has the ab crunch has the gauntlet rotation. I don't think all of the older ones did. I have a couple of older ones that don't have it, but all of the ones I have with the updated articulation have it.

Yeah the ultimate predator figures that has that new ab crunch has the forearm rotation

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Sure wish Randy would just start ignoring questions about Pamela Voorhees. Every time I go on twitter 'no likeness rights'. Stop making it a thing that I will see. Let other twitter users provide the inevitable same answer you've now given to that question 100 times over at this point.

Now about the rest of Dutch's team....:monkey3

I would suggest he pin an FAQ for those questions that get asked a million times everyday, but no one would read it. It's also frustrating that he'll answer the same question over and over, but won't answer legitimate questions.

Apologies for double posting - do most predator figures have a joint on the mid-forearm? Like, under the top of the gauntlet? Bought my first figures and can't tell if it's supposed to swivel there and it's stuck or just not there!

The newer preds have the forearm joint like the others have said here, but be very careful when trying to move them. I've broken 2 Broken Tusk's arms and a Hornehad's arm lately by just trying to twist at that joint.. Tried using a hairdryer on them first too, and it didnt help at all. Luckily I've been able to return and rebuy them until i finally got acceptable figures at target, but still.. be careful when swiveling those!

I've honestly started to boil and pop any NECA joints that seem even a little stuck. It solves the issue completely.

Thanks, everyone! Much obliged. Yes, it's almost a foregone conclusion that at least one joint is going to need to be boiled, and at least one more is going to be floppy and need the super glue treatment. That said, for the price NECA still turns out great figures from great licenses. Thank the action figure gods above.

I've honestly started to boil and pop any NECA joints that seem even a little stuck. It solves the issue completely.

Thanks, everyone! Much obliged. Yes, it's almost a foregone conclusion that at least one joint is going to need to be boiled, and at least one more is going to be floppy and need the super glue treatment. That said, for the price NECA still turns out great figures from great licenses. Thank the action figure gods above.

So you guys just dip the joint in boiling water, then pop it out, then re-insert it if it feels like its stuck?

And I totally agree with you ridetofight, despite the crappy QC, I still love NECA's work.

Just picked up the unmasked lost battle armor predator.He my top 3 favorite predator so far
127ec713d3eb0342883ff72c92f418e5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

So you guys just dip the joint in boiling water, then pop it out, then re-insert it if it feels like its stuck?

Exactly. I've lost a Hudson, Ultimate CH, Enforcer v2 and almost a Golden Angel to to stuck joints so I don't like to risk it if it feels stuck.

And I totally agree with you ridetofight, despite the crappy QC, I still love NECA's work.

I can't speak for everyone - but I rarely actually boil water, only as a last resort. I typically just run the joint under the hottest tap water i can get for 30 seconds at a time, after the joint's been softened up a little, i gently work in until it's "un-stuck", so no, for me there is no complete separation of the joint. if 30 seconds doesn't work, hold it under longer. boiling water makes the whole thing go a lot faster, but boiling water is pretty dangerous, and with a stream of water you can insolate the joint. all of my gremlin legs were good to go after 30 seconds under tap water, my enforcer's shoulder took a good 10 minutes of working on. hope that helps. sorry so long-winded.

Exactly. I've lost a Hudson, Ultimate CH, Enforcer v2 and almost a Golden Angel to to stuck joints so I don't like to risk it if it feels stuck.

I can't speak for everyone - but I rarely actually boil water, only as a last resort. I typically just run the joint under the hottest tap water i can get for 30 seconds at a time, after the joint's been softened up a little, i gently work in until it's "un-stuck", so no, for me there is no complete separation of the joint. if 30 seconds doesn't work, hold it under longer. boiling water makes the whole thing go a lot faster, but boiling water is pretty dangerous, and with a stream of water you can insolate the joint. all of my gremlin legs were good to go after 30 seconds under tap water, my enforcer's shoulder took a good 10 minutes of working on. hope that helps. sorry so long-winded.

Thanks so much for the tips guys, very much appreciated! :)

I've been buying the NECA preds from the beginning, and always had pretty decent luck with stuck joints, but when I did have issues it was always easy enough to just return it for another at Toys R Us. Now in the Target/online sales days, it's not so easy to just exchange them for a replacement. I foresee me using this method a lot in future lol

Thanks so much for the tips guys, very much appreciated! :)

I've been buying the NECA preds from the beginning, and always had pretty decent luck with stuck joints, but when I did have issues it was always easy enough to just return it for another at Toys R Us. Now in the Target/online sales days, it's not so easy to just exchange them for a replacement. I foresee me using this method a lot in future lol

I’ve had about the same issue as u and from the first of the line . I still have my dead space figures , bioshock, and gears of war. Little to no real issues , a broke arm . Don’t boil the water just put the your warm on hot and bend them around in the sink is fine. I’m not saying there’s novice collectors boiling figures but there really is

I ruined my bedroom floor by using the hairdryer on a what I think was the NECA 1:4 T-800 and accidentally causing superhot plastic to burn onto the carpet.

... Don’t boil the water just put the your warm on hot and bend them around in the sink is fine. I’m not saying there’s novice collectors boiling figures but there really is.

... My enforcer's shoulder took a good 10 minutes of working on...

Just listen to yourselves. I always use boiled water and it takes 10-20 seconds to fix any issues, head or hands replacement, warped accessories or stuck joints. Never had any damage caused by this method. And I don't feel like a novice either.

I’ve had about the same issue as u and from the first of the line . I still have my dead space figures , bioshock, and gears of war. Little to no real issues , a broke arm . Don’t boil the water just put the your warm on hot and bend them around in the sink is fine. I’m not saying there’s novice collectors boiling figures but there really is

nice man, same here. Been collecting NECA from the beginning and had almost everything in their player select line at one point (still have two complete collections of Bioshock figures, I'll never give those up). I'll try the hot water method for sure on the next stuck joint I come across!

I just use a hair dryer to free up the joints. I only use hot water on 1/4 Predators because the hair dryer melts the netting.

I actually tried the hairdryer on my broken tusk, and ended up with a broken arm lol But it's highly possible I didn't do it right haha Maybe I didnt heat it up long enough?

nice man, same here. Been collecting NECA from the beginning and had almost everything in their player select line at one point (still have two complete collections of Bioshock figures, I'll never give those up). I'll try the hot water method for sure on the next stuck joint I come across!

I actually tried the hairdryer on my broken tusk, and ended up with a broken arm lol But it's highly possible I didn't do it right haha Maybe I didnt heat it up long enough?

I don’t think U did it wrong as much as a weak joint maybe , but I don’t think the dryer heats up deep as water does . I use the sink and put it under water as I play with the joints. I might be soft on my figures I think . If it does bend right sometimes I give up .. funny funny

Just got charged and a processing notification from BBTS for 7" Ultimate City Hunter re-release!!!! Finally! now for Jungle Hunter..

Back