NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some mucking around in Photoshop...

The Falconer IS green...but not THAt green.

Preds.jpg

Cardback saves on cost.

If that's what they need to do, that's what they need to do.

It has nothing to do with what McFarlane did.

Why is it they, now, when McF JUST switched back to card backs, NECA goes to cardbacks? :lol

I mean...I like NECA an all...but still. Half of their liceneses are one's McF had years ago. Which is fine. But still funny.

Falconer looks better with that mod. Berserker looks all crappy now though (except the darkened Bio which looks good). Kinda weird how Berserker has a on-tone copper Bio on that toy. Where did that come from!? There's hints of copper in his Bio, but not a single, solid tone. Looks weird.

Yeah, I ____ed up on that one. I just wanted to make the head smaller though.

The head is kinda copper....from the stills. But it's not a doo doo brown. :lol

It's very muted.

Yeah, I ____ed up on that one. I just wanted to make the head smaller though.

I don't think the head is too big, I think the body is too small. With your mod now the entire figure looks puny (but the head is now in scale). :lol

The head is kinda copper....from the stills. But it's not a doo doo brown. :lol

It's very muted.

Yeah I made a quick edit before you posted. It does have hints of copper, but it's not 100% solid copper like the toy.

I'm interested to see how much these may be at TRU. I got the Cult Classics Jason from FvJ and it was only $9.99, and he had the newer cardboard backing, while a smaller figure like Altair was 14.99 with a clamshell package.

Also, I believe it has been confirmed we will get an unmasked Berserker in series 2, but none of the other BSP's take of their masks in the film, so we wouldn't get a Falconer or Tusks unmasked.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say that Celtic's revisions look ALOT better.

Man NECA, what happened?

Just a different shade of paint would have made a world of difference.

I might buy these on impulse if I happen to see them in Forbidden planet dublin but otherwise these carded pics don't look promising. I agree with the criticisms, they look very Hasbro-like on those cardbacks and in their paintjobs. Also I don't know how I'm gonna feel about the film yet to be bothered.

The green on Falconer is over the top, sure. But at least it's generally in the right ball park (I mean, it's green). BSP, however, is like the exact opposite of what he should look like. What's more, that's one of the easiest mistakes to notice and fix. PLEASE open your eyes, whoever the heck is in charge of paint apps on these things.

And the sculpt. The bumps on his chest are all wrong. I mean, i'm not that picky, but the pics do show the chest having larger bumps all around the top of his chest.

lol i couldn't give even attempt to give a crap about the packaging.

Original Pred looks great and right now that's the only one i'm interested in. that and the Helmet variant. it remains to be seen if Predators will even be a good movie although i have hope for it.

Seriously stop writing entire speeches based on one faulty picture, you don't know anything about these figures yet.

Why is it they, now, when McF JUST switched back to card backs, NECA goes to cardbacks? :lol

I mean...I like NECA an all...but still. Half of their liceneses are one's McF had years ago. Which is fine. But still funny.

You want to know what is way funny? The way we kicked the crap out of them for years now. I think it's sad where they are and maybe they'll come back someday. Fox themselves did the packaging on these guys. Just because someone else had a license doesn't mean we won't go back and do it better. You think because McFarlane did T2 that others should blow it off?
What's real funny is when you put Mc Todd T2 figures next to the new ones.
What's funny for me is to see how much better I sculpted Arnold 7 years later.
If you want to see the most funny thing check out the paint job on Todd's P1 figure.

Some mucking around in Photoshop...

The Falconer IS green...but not THAt green.

Preds.jpg

The real piece actually looks very much like what you did here. Trust me that isn't not really as green as in these pics. I think the lighting had a lot to do with it look so green.

Not really into Predator (not a fan) so I don't know if those are accurate or not but the two on the right have gigantic heads. They don't really look like NECA figures. I don't know if it's the packaging (I'm used to their typical clamshell Cult Classic packages) or if it's the bright gaudy colors. They just don't look like NECA product in those pics.

They remind me of those Kenner figures from the early 90s with the gaudy colors and variations,

predator.gif
SpikedTailPredatorMOSC1a.jpg

51V03QNKDWL.jpg

except more detailed and movie accurate of course.

These weren't done by us package wise.

So the packaging we see is done by FOX? Either way, that's not the most important issue here.

Glad to hear the green isn't as bright as it seems, but what about the Berserker's skin? That, to me, is the only really problematic part here. Other than that, I'm pretty happy.

The real piece actually looks very much like what you did here. Trust me that isn't not really as green as in these pics. I think the lighting had a lot to do with it look so green.

Yeah that's what I thought. I remember the same thing happening with the blue highlights on the Warrior Alien figure, in some pics it looked REALLY blue, but under normal conditions without a huge camera flash on it it looked perfect.

Also will this be the only time NECA will be releasing the open mouth P1 headsculpt or will NECA be releasing it again when the actual P1 figures come out? Thanks!

Back