NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NEC12097_zps183358b6.jpg

This shot of series 9 looks incredible. I hope they come out looking close to that.

Water Emergence Predator :lol

Now they are really pushing it!

But it could do very well with photoshoots.

Like so:

gallery_7328_213_65182.jpg

Looks like a Hot Toys Jungle Hunter... With effects!

I welcome ball jointed heads too like on the Rocky figures.

Rocky figures are topless and thus any other kind of joint would look even worse so I can understand it there. Similarly in the case of Dutch where many of the variants have exposed skin below the neckline - again a joint cutting across that would look terrible. But there is no such problem for the USCM figures and yet they've been given ball-jointed heads for no good reason that I can determine. Do I need my marines doing puppy-dog head tilts? Can't say that I do.

And you can still simulate a tilted head where the joint is at the base of the neck - yeah it doesn't look too realistic if the entire neck tilts over but then cuts and gaps across the jawline look even less realistic and you're then forced to put up with those no matter what pose you've got the head in-

''Ewww the neck looks so silly and unnatural tilted over like that when I want to pose him looking inquisitive'' - ANSWER - OK, don't pose him looking inquisitive. When did he ever do that in the film anyway?

Versus

"Ewww whats with these ugly cuts and seperations between his face and his neck, its far too obvious that his head and neck are different sections, thats about as unnatural as you can get'' - ANSWER - So don't look at the figure from any angle other than directly front-on (?!?!?!?!?)

I know which scenario I'd choose.

Personally I can deal with joints in clothed areas and I think for the most part NECA has done a good job of concealing them. But I've hated ball-joint heads with a passion ever since Hasbro started putting them on every single Star Wars figure. That NECA, Hot Toys and Enterbay are also now going with that is absolutely baffling.

And please, no one level the usual ''then buy statues'' argument at me. I'm talking about one joint here and all I'm saying is keep it at the base of the neck where it is hidden, they wouldn't be any less ''action figures'' in not being able to tilt their heads like puppies.

Last edited:
the only thing wrong with nightstorm is his legs and cant tell on the other two but it needs the ball joint legs. and i can understand some people not liking the kenner ones but hey i like the updates done to them. the Avp in all seriousness the only one that needs done quicky is chopper pred seeing that the McF ones still fit in with them for the time being and the rest can be in wave 20 for all i care. just saying

the Avp in all seriousness the only one that needs done quicky is chopper pred seeing that the McF ones still fit in with them for the time being and the rest can be in wave 20 for all i care. just saying

Errrr. No. They don't fit in at all anymore IMO. They've got that same bizarre body as the McFarlane P2, the same dreadlocks etc etc. Laughably bad figures.

I'm not looking to update them myself as I'm cutting back to just P1 and P2 but I can easily see how the AvPs need new figures....very badly...if you care about AvP.

^ That skinny body makes it look like a real Predator, rather then a fat football player.

I don't think toys should 'correct' movie designs beyond omitting zippers and seams and so on. If they gave them fat footballer physiques in the films so too should the action figures. Who are toymakers to decide that they shouldn't have looked like that. *glares at Hot Toys*

Besides which its easily believable that different members of the predator race will have different physiques - and faces for that matter.

Errrr. No. They don't fit in at all anymore IMO. They've got that same bizarre body as the McFarlane P2, the same dreadlocks etc etc. Laughably bad figures.

I'm not looking to update them myself as I'm cutting back to just P1 and P2 but I can easily see how the AvPs need new figures....very badly...if you care about AvP.

Err yes. they fit in with the neca figures more then the kenners ones as stated before. much like fans want predators from the predator games, i feel that with the line expanding out of just the 'movie" figures predators like ones of kenners should appreciated not insulted just cause some fans cant handle something not seen in a movie.

Err yes. they fit in with the neca figures more then the kenners ones as stated before. much like fans want predators from the predator games, i feel that with the line expanding out of just the 'movie" figures predators like ones of kenners should appreciated not insulted just cause some fans cant handle something not seen in a movie.

I don't think he's talking about the Kenner homages...:lol

I'm not one of the guys complaining about the Kenner tribute figures so that doesn't apply to me. All I'm saying is the McFarlane figures look terrible by todays standards from NECA and it would be especially apparent were they to make only the Chopper Predator as you suggested.

Back