NECA: Predator Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it looks good now but by the time it gets mass produced in the factories, I bet it wont look half as good. :(
who cares? that sculpt is beautiful, paint is so easy to fix (or pay someone to fix).
my only complaint is that i have to wait until next year to own it. this kicks the HT figure's ass.

Beautiful! Added braids! Eye color seems to change:

119p302.jpg

who cares? that sculpt is beautiful, paint is this kicks the HT figure's ass.
:exactly:

Last edited:
my only complaint is that i have to wait until next year to own it. this kicks the HT figure's ass.

Eeeh, I wouldn't say that. The color of the HT Elder is off, and the body could be better, but it's still a topnotch figure, with a terrific headsculpt that just oozes personality. The NECA figure may be more accurate (haven't seen comparison pictures yet), but it doesn't quite have that same personality to it.

Eeeh, I wouldn't say that. The color of the HT Elder is off, and the body could be better, but it's still a topnotch figure, with a terrific headsculpt that just oozes personality. The NECA figure may be more accurate (haven't seen comparison pictures yet), but it doesn't quite have that same personality to it.

COMPLETELY agree

accuracy is all i care about. period. i collect figures from these films because they look cool and i expect the collectibles to look like what they're meant to replicate. HT just gets away with that "artistic license" bulls#!t because they're so relatively expensive. and i'm not an art collector.

who cares? that sculpt is beautiful, paint is so easy to fix (or pay someone to fix).

I also wish it would come out sooner.

Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to with my Christmas money. :lol

is it 7 or 12 inch? Not interested in 7 but 12 maybe...
7inch. NECA won't make ANY preds in 12inch scale.
I also wish it would come out sooner.

Oh well, at least I have something to look forward to with my Christmas money. :lol
yeah, the Big Chap/P1 two-pack is coming out for xmas. we probably won't see elder on the shelves until early spring.

7inch. NECA won't make ANY preds in 12inch scale.

yeah, the Big Chap/P1 two-pack is coming out for xmas. we probably won't see elder on the shelves until early spring.

NECA should make predators in 1/6 scale with changeable mandibles, different hands, & removeable bio helmets.....then Hot Toys might be in trouble with their sales. As accurate as these preds are in 7", just imagine the details in 12" form. :pray: Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toys predators, but I think NECA's would out do them in terms of quality & price. It seems to me that Hot Toys are taking the same path as Neca's predators with their articulation....so why are their prices rising? I LOVE the fact that Neca made these preds with useful articulation unlike what they did with Wolf. :slap I hate articulation right in the middle of a muscle such as a bicep, it makes a figure look unnatural when posed in certain positions. Besides, if you can only pose a figure in 1 position that looks natural, you might as well just buy a statue! Keep up the GREAT work Neca & give us 1/6 scale predators too!! :1-1:

I just got 2 Neca Classic Predators from China and boy I am amazed!

Not only the material is good (hard plastic instead of thick vinyl), the paint apps are very good for a $16 figure.... plus the likeness and proportions are simply AMAZING. NO other Predator figure or sculpt is more accurate thaan this one. I have bought many garage kits and licensed figures all over the years, most of them 8 times the price of this one but this is the absolute WINNER.

I do pray NECA will do the Predator in 18"... so I can sell all my other figures and keep the definitive rendition of the ugly mother_____**r!

dang , kyle didn't correct elder's bottom left manible.
it needs to tilt inward some.

Yeah...maybe a little, but i'm sure that can be fixed with a little heat treatment once in hand. That sculpt is AMAZING reguardless! I hope we see ALL of the predators from NECA including the lost & AVP preds!! :wave

Yeah...maybe a little, but i'm sure that can be fixed with a little heat treatment once in hand. That sculpt is AMAZING reguardless! I hope we see ALL of the predators from NECA including the lost & AVP preds!! :wave

I noticed on their Twitter that they said they didn't like the AVP designs so they were staying away from them.

NECA should make predators in 1/6 scale with changeable mandibles, different hands, & removeable bio helmets.....then Hot Toys might be in trouble with their sales. As accurate as these preds are in 7", just imagine the details in 12" form. :pray: Don't get me wrong, I love Hot Toys predators, but I think NECA's would out do them in terms of quality & price. It seems to me that Hot Toys are taking the same path as Neca's predators with their articulation....so why are their prices rising? I LOVE the fact that Neca made these preds with useful articulation unlike what they did with Wolf. :slap I hate articulation right in the middle of a muscle such as a bicep, it makes a figure look unnatural when posed in certain positions. Besides, if you can only pose a figure in 1 position that looks natural, you might as well just buy a statue! Keep up the GREAT work Neca & give us 1/6 scale predators too!! :1-1:
you can tell NECA that you want 1:6 scale preds until you're blue in the face - they won't do it. they have a pathological fear that making a figure 15" instead of 7" would bankrupt them. oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. more $$ for Hot Toys.

That's why we're all confuuuuussseeeed. :dunno

In all honesty, I think their fear is that HT and other 1/6 companies will nail them to the wall. Granted, their sculpts are more accurate at times, but as far as overall look (paint apps, poseability, detail, presence) NECA doubts it would stand a chance.

That's why we're all confuuuuussseeeed. :dunno

In all honesty, I think their fear is that HT and other 1/6 companies will nail them to the wall. Granted, their sculpts are more accurate at times, but as far as overall look (paint apps, poseability, detail, presence) NECA doubts it would stand a chance.
that's where the price difference comes in. same reason Hasbro doesn't expect $160 for their 12" Star Wars figures. but personally, i'd rather pay that for an accurate 1:6 NECA pred with lousy paint than an inaccurate HT one.

Back