NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great, Funksk8er! As for your stripped torso, if I understand you correctly, I would just super glue the plug into the torso. Then just open his pelvis (remove three screws) and secure the other end of the plug in the pelvis. That way, you'd still maintain the waist swivel and would lose little to no articulation at all since the plug doesn't do much other than connect the torso to the pelvis.

I finally got this bad boy done. I think I may match the bat emblem better sometime down the road. For now he is done. This is well worth the time and effort. Thanks for everyone's help! image.jpg image.jpg

Congrats on completing the mod, funksk8er! Final pics look great!! Did that torso fix work out okay for you?

great work , it looks a thousand times better ,im glad you took the plunge,honestly it wasn't too hard after all was it lol, im sure your work and your thoughts would help other who are on the fence about doing this mod ,

my wife got mine ,a old t shirt from a charity shop or thrift store ,those places are a gold mine for weathered and new fabrics for custom projects ,usually cheap as well
20140116_134857_zps9bc06240.jpg
20140116_135222_zps7047ebef.jpg
batman with batmite lol

my wife got mine ,a old t shirt from a charity shop or thrift store ,those places are a gold mine for weathered and new fabrics for custom projects ,usually cheap as well
20140116_134857_zps9bc06240.jpg
20140116_135222_zps7047ebef.jpg
batman with batmite lol
Thanks, I'm sure I have an old grey t-shirt somewhere. Think I'll give the mod a go.

I just got my fabric from a local fabric store. I wish they would of had a lighter grey but what I found worked out in the end.

I have never encountered a figure with joints that were this tight. I had an incredibly difficult time getting the lower joint on the elbows to bend, only managing to make it work by hitting it with a hair dryer for several minutes. Eventually both came free and move easily now.

The knees were another story.

I simply could not get them to bend, period. I was worried I was going to snap off the joint.

Finally, I resorted to heating the knee area until I could pop the lower leg free. Then I took the knee peg and put it in a vice on my workbench. Leaning on the calf part of the leg with everything I had, it *finally* came loose. Moving it back and forth a few times it eventually moved relatively freely. I then heated the hole in the thigh again and replaced the lower leg.

Repeat for other leg.

I am quite frankly *stunned* the NECA released a figure with joints this immobile. If nothing else, they're certain to receive a great many returns due to broken joints!

Other than that, I love this figure. It's like a dream come true from my childhood. Heck, given how large it is, and how much larger I am than I was, it even mimics the size it would have been were it 1/6 scale back in 1971 (when I was six).

So, quick question; do the ankle joints rock forward and back, or simply rotate?

I have never encountered a figure with joints that were this tight. I had an incredibly difficult time getting the lower joint on the elbows to bend, only managing to make it work by hitting it with a hair dryer for several minutes. Eventually both came free and move easily now." You see this is where you went wrong ,what you should have done is pluged the hairdryer in to the mains socket and turned it on ,then used it to heat up the joint ,allowing it to move freely ,remember hitting things is always the last resort old chum ,lol ,just kidding and welcome ,yes the ankle joints move forward and back ,but please no more hitting ,just warm them first lol

Other than that, I love this figure. It's like a dream come true from my childhood. Heck, given how large it is, and how much larger I am than I was, it even mimics the size it would have been were it 1/6 scale back in 1971 (when I was six).

This. Precisely. And the sculpting and general quality is also enough notches up the ladder to suit adult tastes. It is the perfect adult toy.

With you on the lack of movement in the knees, though. I have yet to try heating them, but mine won't budge with normal force, and would almost certainly break if I increased the force. Just slightly sloppy casting, I suppose.

Now, WHERE IS ROBIN?!!!!!!

that mid section :slap..i would have snapped this up in a hot second if it wasn't for that...why?????

tumblr_static_loki5.gif

Just got this reply back from NECA about 66 Robin...

“@Psycho_50501: @NECA_TOYS Will 66' Robin 1/4 be shorter than 66' Batman 1/4?” Yes all to scale

Back