NECA - Classic Batman '66 TV Show Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amazing work LIBBY1957DOG!! The suit really looks great!!! You and your sister did a fantastic job :hi5:

I also ended up slitting the trunks (slit mine down the sides at the seams) and just superglued them back together. You can't even tell they're cut :) But like you said, that's pretty much the only way to get the trunks back on without ripping his leggings.

Nice bat symbol too, btw! What'd you use to make yours? I'm trying to find something to replace mine as it's a little too thick right now. I bought some yellow foam-like material at hobbylobby and was thinking of using that. But I want it even thinner if possible.
thank mate ,but its all thanks to you ,i had the idea as soon as i saw in hand pics ,but it was your pics of your mod that convinced me to take the plunge ,
for the emblem on mine its just a image of the west bat emblem my friend found on the internet ,scaled to 1 and a quarter inches across by 1 inch down and printed on non gloss sticker paper

Last edited:
Awesome Libby! That looks great. Thanks for the encouragement and break down. Did you boil the whole figure? Or do it in sections?
yeah ,i filled the sink with boiling water and kept the kettle boiling and just poured more water as and when required ,honestly the gloves are not glued ,they pop straight off ,the belt has a small glued spot under the buckle ,the trunks 2 glue spots 1 each front and back ,the head and neck ,quite easy ,its the boots that need the time and real care ,id recommend holding the figure below the knee when working on the boots ,so as not to risk breaking the knee joint or hips ,but im sure you will get there with a little patience and care ,good luck and look forward to seeing your pics of your finished figure ,it really, imo elevates the base figure in to something exceptional with really not much effort ,if you still need convincing just take a look at Saigon express finished mod ,with repaint ,fantastic work ,fantastic figure ,what are you waiting for ,get the kettle on lol

image.jpg

We'll, I have him apart. Time to measure and see if I can pull this off. This may be a dumb question but how do you get his boots back on his new fabriced leg? If it's just super glue what brand do you recommend? Thanks in advance!

I put the fabric between his leg and the plastic piece/plug that's at the bottom of his leg (I can see that yours are still plugged in). You'll probably want to reboil the bottom portion of your legs and use a pair of pliers to remove those plastic plugs. This way, the fabric wont be in the way once the figure is reassembled and the plastic plug will fit flush with the boot once you put him back together. I hope that helps.

Also, I'm impressed you were able to dismantle him without taking the pelvis apart. You must have really used some elbow grease to pull the legs off the hips!

Oh yeah, regular super glue (Loctite) worked fine for me.

I put the fabric between his leg and the plastic piece/plug that's at the bottom of his leg (I can see that yours are still plugged in). You'll probably want to reboil the bottom portion of your legs and use a pair of pliers to remove those plastic plugs. This way, the fabric wont be in the way once the figure is reassembled and the plastic plug will fit flush with the boot once you put him back together. I hope that helps.

Also, I'm impressed you were able to dismantle him without taking the pelvis apart. You must have really used some elbow grease to pull the legs off the hips!

Oh yeah, regular super glue (Loctite) worked fine for me.

Awesome. Yeah I didn't notice that plug on the bottom of his leg. Is it okay I separated the boot from that part? Or should I glue that portion back to the boot before reassembling him? Sorry for all the questions.

Yeah. His leg joints where pretty lose to begin with, so they really didn't take much to pop off.

Thanks for all your help! It's much appreciated.

Nah, you don't need to reglue them to the boots yet. Because once you have the fabric on the legs, you'll want to tuck the fabric into the bottom of the leg, then glue/push the cap back into the leg (which will seal/hold the fabric in place) and then reglue the plug to the boot.

To remove the plug, just reboil the bottom portion of the legs until they're soft and then use some pliers to pull the plugs out. It'll be a little tricky to do since they do get pretty distorted when you pull them out, but just take care to not tear/rip them and you should be fine. Good luck!

great work on the disassemble ,your well on your way now ,i'm looking forward to seeing your finished work ,im sure its going to be awesome

I've stated sewing this bad boy. Getting the easy stuff out of the way first. May have to wait for the weekend to tackle the upper body.

image.jpg

Okay, I have another question. When glueing the boots back on do you just use where the existing glue was as a guide line and just stick the plug back in his leg?
And are the boots the only place you guys used glue? Thanks!
image.jpg

Looking good! Just put glue in the leg's hole, push the cloth into the leg hole, put more glue over the cloth near the end of the hole, and then push the plug back in. I used glue to hold the cloth in place at the boots, hips, bottom torso and neck. No real need for glue at the hands, but you can if you want.

Great. Thanks. I figured as much but just want to make sure I'm doing this right. The torso seems daunting, any tips? I notice how tight yours is and I am going to do my best to pull that off.

My best piece of advice for the torso is to try to make it as tight as possible, but not too tight that it'll rip when you try to put it on. I made at least three top before I was able to get it the right size and was able to successfully get it on the figure without it ripping. Also, don't worry about the sleeve length or torso length. Just make it long, then trim it down once you've fitted it onto the figure. Other than that, I don't really have any set formula, it's kind of all just trial and error until you get it right.

Had to pick him thanks to that great deal on EE! This may be the first time I try my hand at a custom because I really want to conceal those joints.

Any tips as to how to loosen the joints on this bad boy? Just broke the freaking leg/knee part of it.... Can't even move the elbows...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah heat is the way to go ,mine loosened up by accident just sitting in my jeep with the heater vents blowing on him ,and i unwarped ironmans legs on my radiator ,the radiator in my house not on my jeep ,just incase you were wondering lol

Got the torso done tonight. Now I just need to print out a new bat symbol and I think this bad boy is done! Already such an improvement. Quick question, I think I stripped his torso female end that the waist plugs into and I can get it in enough to make him possible, just wondering if there is any ways to help that plug?image.jpg

Back