NECA: Alien Movie Franchise Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are works in progress so nothing if finalized.

Decided to sculpt a "neutral" expression of Pvt. Hudson because - as cool as the head sculpt is - having Hudson on my shelf with that "Game Over" expression was getting old. We can't forget who this guy was before having his a$$ handed to him....The "Ultimate Badass....State of the Badass Art." So a neutral facial sculpt is fitting with a possible grin to come later. I'm also working on a neutral sculpt for Hicks along with some variants. Removable helmets are also being sculpted. I plan on sculpting other character likenesses but holding off to see what NECA may come up with. Good bet some of the less popular characters won't be produced so that has possibilities. Will do a paint up of the Hudson head sculpt very soon. If all goes well, I may sell a very limited amount. We'll see.

NECAHudson6_zpsbe5ad4a1.jpg

NECAHudson9_zpsd576e536.jpg

That's fantastic. You should also do one where his hair is spiked up, it wasn't always flat on his forehead like that.

Thanks man! Yea - I was thinking about making one "pre-deployment" while on the Sulaco. Would be fun to do one with his "Chicken ***** Outfit" expression LOL!

Sithfire, the sculpts are simply incredible. I hope I am able to get some of these! please keep us posted. thank you for sharing your work.

I always prefer my Hudson's with a S***-eating grin. Overconfident cocky Hudson is always preferred over a whiny one in my book.

Wow! They look nice! Can't wait to see the painted sample.

If you decided to sell them, I'm definitely interested. Always good to have some extra portraits and great for customs too! :D

Thanks guys! I will be sure to let you know when these go up for sale. Working on a Hicks variant like I said. Also some Prometheus work as well. Check out my FB page for more updates - Sith_fire30 Creations -https://on.fb.me/iTlxyD

Sweet mother MacCree! I've just checked out you're facebook and flicker pages Sith_Fire. That's incredible work, just amazing really. Have you any plans to make the Alien series figures available so to speak?

I have a few questions about Sgt. Windrix. I've seen him described as a "new character" and an official addition to the Aliens universe with the blessing of 20th Century Fox, but what does that mean? Will the figure have an in-universe bio? Is he going to be connected to the Marine contingent of the Sulaco in some way? If you go by the Colonial Marines Tech Manual, there should be a total of 14 personnel in a USCM infantry section, including the CO, android, dropship crew, section Sgt. and APC driver. In Aliens, there is a total of 13 personnel, not counting Burke and Ripley, and (so far as I know) no designated driver for the APC. Is Windrix the missing Marine?

That screams: defensive :lol
Not really a direction you'd be advised to take, considering that the same criteria applies to your own posts, more so than mine, really. Attempts to laugh away one's opponent are a fairly common sign of nervousness/defensiveness, and you're obviously a quite a bit more invested in the lol-smiley-mockery than I have been.

Nope, sorry.
Not so.

Not really, you acknowledged my point, wasn't so hard was it? :hi5:
If you want to agree with me that facehuggers are weaksauce-weak when not attacking an oblivious person in a bulky spacesuit with a huge dome helmet, be my guest...

So you're saying, the present argument does have bearing for what I said, great!
No, I'm saying that your argument is invalidated by its own anachronism.

Additionally, even beyond that, it should be obvious that the LV-426 Space Jockey was not killed by "trilobite" infestation as you claim, as evidenced by the chestburster-type hole in his torso, quite distinct from the method of emergence employed by Prometheus's pseudo-xenomorph.

Considering how little you knew about everything surrounding the xenomorph back then, yes really.
Given your inability to distinguish between the Alien and Prometheus Space Jockeys, even given the obvious differences, you're not really in a position to make such assertions.

Mhm his helmet is big, yes, but his head is not that much bigger than a human head, sorry, wrong yet again, if it was a facehugger, it's possible.
Tell me, have you actually watched the original Alien?

2553656376_2926999d59.jpg

That was actually a very smart plot device, sorry, wrong again.
It served a purpose for the creative team, which is the point, here.

Actually those were the ventilation ducts, it's understandable they thought of big vents for such a big ship at the time, even for today's sci-fi that's not discredited.
*sigh*

I know they're supposed to be ventilation ducts, but never mind that. What of "today's sci-fi", exactly, other than dramatic convenience, supports a vessel the size of the Nostromo packing so much ductwork, and on such a scale? Please be specific.

Actually, at the time, that was one hell of a well appreciated plot twist, considering it was not common to see a female protagonist or hero.

But I have to admit that the alternative ending would have been interesting but no way jose I would have traded it for the franchise female hero Ripley turned out to be.

So what you picture here as a bad thing, was actually a good thing.
Again, you're missing my point rather completely. This isn't about "bad things" versus "good things", it's what creative decisions serve the experience of the medium that the story exists as part of.

Since you brought it up, however, making Ripley the central figure of the film franchise can be reasonably described as a "bad thing", as that is what ultimately killed it. Too many trips to the well and all that sort of thing. They should have gone with William Gibson's screenplay for Alien 3 and handed the torch to Hicks.

Not really, considering that ACM didn't have the compelling story for starters, neither the charming characters and the memorable script and dialogue, it tried to capitalize on the style without putting effort to the substance, so again, silly it's to try (and yet again fail for the 2nd time) to bash the masterpiece that inspired that tasteless POS :lecture
One might reasonably call Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection tasteless pieces of excrement. Throwing the same terms at something merely mediocre at worst, like A:CM, simply looks silly, as does this reverential talk of a "masterpiece" as though Alien was Beethoven's ninth symphony, or something to that effect.

The technical issues are just so many for me to even entertain on them :lol
Ah, you're a console gamer...

and it's not hypocritical as it is just plain good observation and common sense :lol
I'm sorry, but I can't take that seriously. Not from you, and your apparent difficulties with reading comprehension.

How? Explain it to me. Am I acting like an oversensitive crybaby, defending a ****ty game with baseless arguments?
No, you're acting like an oversensitive crybaby, attacking an average game with baseless arguments.

*********, meet the door. Don't let it hit you on the way out.
As I believe I said before, pot, meet kettle.

I don't mind the design really. The whole point of the alien though is that it's "alien". Not "alien bug".
"It's like a rather beautiful, humanoid, biomechanoid insect"

~Ridley Scott

Decided to sculpt a "neutral" expression of Pvt. Hudson because - as cool as the head sculpt is - having Hudson on my shelf with that "Game Over" expression was getting old. We can't forget who this guy was before having his a$$ handed to him....The "Ultimate Badass....State of the Badass Art."
Did he get his *** handed to him? He managed to make it out of the hive all right, and only really freaked out when it looked as though they were going to be trapped on the planet after the dropship crash...

So a neutral facial sculpt is fitting with a possible grin to come later. I'm also working on a neutral sculpt for Hicks along with some variants. Removable helmets are also being sculpted. I plan on sculpting other character likenesses but holding off to see what NECA may come up with. Good bet some of the less popular characters won't be produced so that has possibilities. Will do a paint up of the Hudson head sculpt very soon. If all goes well, I may sell a very limited amount. We'll see.

Damnit, Sith! Why do you have to be so awesome?!?

Not really a direction you'd be advised to take, considering that the same criteria applies to your own posts, more so than mine, really. Attempts to laugh away one's opponent are a fairly common sign of nervousness/defensiveness, and you're obviously a quite a bit more invested in the lol-smiley-mockery than I have been.

Whoa! All I got from that with my reading disabilities is you, getting worked up.

You're getting too deep in your own bs, I just like smiley faces boyo :lol

Yup

If you want to agree with me that facehuggers are weaksauce-weak when not attacking an oblivious person in a bulky spacesuit with a huge dome helmet, be my guest...

You're still proving my point. :yess:

No, I'm saying that your argument is invalidated by its own anachronism.

Additionally, even beyond that, it should be obvious that the LV-426 Space Jockey was not killed by "trilobite" infestation as you claim, as evidenced by the chestburster-type hole in his torso, quite distinct from the method of emergence employed by Prometheus's pseudo-xenomorph.

Given your inability to distinguish between the Alien and Prometheus Space Jockeys, even given the obvious differences, you're not really in a position to make such assertions.

Tell me, have you actually watched the original Alien?

This pic should suffice to prove once again, that I'm right:

space-jockey-alien-2_1199392744.jpg

It served a purpose for the creative team, which is the point, here.

Still, your criticism holds no bearing. :thwak Since as you feebly rebutted that it was there not because it made sense but because it served a purpose, which in this case it obviously does both :wave

*sigh*

I know they're supposed to be ventilation ducts, but never mind that. What of "today's sci-fi", exactly, other than dramatic convenience, supports a vessel the size of the Nostromo packing so much ductwork, and on such a scale? Please be specific.

Oh, mhmmm let me see, have you heard of Star Wars? :dunno You know, kind of a big thing, George Lucas, went crazy, rings a bell?

Again, you're missing my point rather completely. This isn't about "bad things" versus "good things", it's what creative decisions serve the experience of the medium that the story exists as part of.

Since you brought it up, however, making Ripley the central figure of the film franchise can be reasonably described as a "bad thing", as that is what ultimately killed it. Too many trips to the well and all that sort of thing. They should have gone with William Gibson's screenplay for Alien 3 and handed the torch to Hicks.

Yeah no, I didn't dislike Ripley until Resurrection, which is what "killed it", you're just trying too hard.

One might reasonably call Alien 3 or Alien Resurrection tasteless pieces of excrement. Throwing the same terms at something merely mediocre at worst, like A:CM, simply looks silly, as does this reverential talk of a "masterpiece" as though Alien was Beethoven's ninth symphony, or something to that effect.

There are levels though.... 9th Symphony>>>>>Alien>Aliens>>>Alien3>>>>Alien Resurrection>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>****>>>AVP1&2>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ACM.

Ah, you're a console gamer...

I'm a gamer in general, I game on everything :peace

Also:

[ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_GMJhopL1g[/ame]
That was in my 1st search.

I'm sorry, but I can't take that seriously. Not from you, and your apparent difficulties with reading comprehension.

Eh whaddaya gonna do? :dunno But that's rude, I don't complain about your overall difficulties with thinking. :pfft:

If I may pitch in, the Space Jockey's head is enormous; nearly twice the size of a human head -- even in that close-up shot. The one that Jester posted was from a previous shot in which they used young children in astronaut suits for scale.

I don't know who's right, but regardless of that...

popcorn-gif-23.gif

These are works in progress so nothing if finalized.

Decided to sculpt a "neutral" expression of Pvt. Hudson because - as cool as the head sculpt is - having Hudson on my shelf with that "Game Over" expression was getting old. We can't forget who this guy was before having his a$$ handed to him....The "Ultimate Badass....State of the Badass Art." So a neutral facial sculpt is fitting with a possible grin to come later. I'm also working on a neutral sculpt for Hicks along with some variants. Removable helmets are also being sculpted. I plan on sculpting other character likenesses but holding off to see what NECA may come up with. Good bet some of the less popular characters won't be produced so that has possibilities. Will do a paint up of the Hudson head sculpt very soon. If all goes well, I may sell a very limited amount. We'll see.

Any chance of you selling just the helmets?

Back